It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father forced to beg squatters to get out of his new £1m home through the LETTERBOX!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Father forced to beg squatters to get out of his new £1m home through the LETTERBOX!

www.dailymail.co.uk

The group of foreigners were granted legal aid to fight to stay - while he was forced to represent himself
The father-of-two was having the property renovated for his wife and two young daughters before they moved in when a dozen people from France, Spain, Poland and England sneaked in during the night.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
MADNESS!!!!!!
''Squatting is legal as long as occupants do not use force to break in''

There is some ridiculous laws in this country,how the hell can this be legal,a family cant move into their new home because bums are living in it,crazy!!!,the police should just smash the door in and throw these people on the street then charge them for any damage to the place including the door.

It goes on to say it could be up to six weeks before they are evicted,while in the mean time they are recieving legal aid,which we the tax payer are paying for!

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27/2/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well how dare he think he has a right to his property when innocent dispossessed immigrants need a place to sleep. Who is he to think that the fruits of his hard labor should in anyway benefit him or his family. I mean really, what is the world coming to? [/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Makes me sick for God's sake. What is wrong with the world? Are we really this stupid? It's things like this which remind me that actually there is no hope for humanity.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why don't they just get the house fumigated, problem solved.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If it is legal to squat there, then I am assuming it would also be legal for the property owner to move in alongside the squatters. If I were the owner, I would move in with them, blast loud annoying music, bang pots and pans together and be a general nuisance until it drives the squatters away. Screw waiting for the law to prevail.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is insane!!!!! Totally, truly ridiculous. I actually thought this had to be a hoax and looked into it some more. But alas....to my apparently naive self's surprise, this is happening not only to this family but to lots of others. I even pulled up a website about squatters' rights and WTF???? WHY on earth do these people have rights to OUR homes? My god, I can't even begin to understand this nonsense.

Michelle

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Why don't they just get the house fumigated, problem solved.
He would likely be charged with multiple counts of attempted murder or something else stupid like that. I would assume that he has already cut off all utilities? If he has a good relationship with his neighbors, I would take some actions to make life intolerable for the squatters. I might even consider hiring some "leg breakers" to clear them out.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Slay them with kindness... Move in, cook them all dinner with a little extra ingredient and/or spring for the alcohol and then sit back and wait... Won't be long before the owner would be able to toss all their butts outdoors.

edit on 27-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

There is a device that I've read about, used by some commercial establishments to deter teens from congregrating. (Might not work, depends on the age of the squatters)....it uses high-frequency noises, that are usually inaudible to older (over 30-ish) people...but, many younger ones can hear it, and is incredibly annoying, they say.....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'd break in, whoop some ass, then deal with the legal consequences after.
I mean really, grow some balls, throw those [snip] squatters out of your house.
edit on 27-2-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: typo

edit on 27/2/11 by masqua because: Removed censor circumventio

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeMonster

Yeah,they are probably too lazy to put up a fight anyway,would be too much hard work!
edit on 27/2/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I concur. Simply MADNESS! The squaters have no right to break in (whether forcible or not) and occupy another person's home (even if unoccupied at the time). They are getting more "rights" than the owners would receive if being foreclosed on for not making their mortgage payments. It is one thing to squat on abandoned property in the ghetto (which this was obviously not). I saw send in the cavalry and do not give them legal aid.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
See if it were me the law wouldn't be involved. I would gather a few friends from the old days. We all have pretty aggressive looking equipment and force them out that way. If they don't leave a 6ft hole and some lime does wonders.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Awww, it must be the moral, liberal thing to do.
This time the redistribution is temporary. But we aren't supposed to have our own propery because that isn't fair to the lazy. Soon it will be "finders keepers" and the man will lose his home.
Once again, the good guy suffers.
Thanks libs for the utopia!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
How ridiculous is that..

Whats the point of going on a vacation if you cant leave because a "squatter" will walk right in and settle in your own damn house.. stupid laws

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Oh boy. Call the cops for illegal trespassing. If that doesn't work, fashion your own rapid response interdiction team. use stink bombs, smoke grenades, flash bangs, tear gas, cut off all electrical power and drive a hummer straight through your door. If you can afford your house, you sure can repair a new wall.

After you drive the hummer through the front door. Wearing full body armor, you drop a few flash bangs and the rest of the arsenal. Anyone who moves will be shot on sight, even if they surrender, no mercy. After that they will be skinned like in the move Predator and hung to dry. Then I will sell those bodies as farm feed to cover the cost of the trespassers invading my home. I will also start to search the country of origin in a possible nuclear war option.

The bodies will be placed in the morning for garbage pickup.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

You'd think, huh? No such luck though. To prevent eviction, squatters must be able to show a key to your place. Since they don't have one of your old lock, they'll just replace it with a new one (two birds with one stone: they probably forced the old one to get in and have to remove/fix any signs of breaking and entering anyway).

So now there's a new lock on your door and you don't have the key. Since the place is now occupied (probably 24/7 since squatters don't have jobs), the squatters can call the cops on you if you try to get in. You WILL then get arrested.

Edit to add:

Can't cut utilities either since they are part of the basic human rights provided to us by European laws. If you cut them yourself, the squatters can call the utilities company to get it fixed and YOU will then have to pay any and all costs.
edit on 27/2/11 by Symer because: Europe, yay!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

After you drive the hummer through the front door. Wearing full body armor, you drop a few flash bangs and the rest of the arsenal. Anyone who moves will be shot on sight, even if they surrender, no mercy. After that they will be skinned like in the move Predator and hung to dry. Then I will sell those bodies as farm feed to cover the cost of the trespassers invading my home. I will also start to search the country of origin in a possible nuclear war option.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join