It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help remembering a dream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I have very vivid dreams and usually remember nearly every major detail, but I have just remembered that I had a dream about my father last night and I can barely remember it at all! My father passed away when I was 4. I'm almost 35 now, so you can imagine why I want to remember my dream. I haven't had dreams about him in YEARS!!! This dream was very real-feeling and I do remember being with him and speaking to him and we had a great little meeting and chat. I just can't remember more than that!!! I'd like to know what we talked about, etc. I know it was just a dream and some people wont see the importance, but it is very important to me!

What can I do to remember more of my dream? Any advice??? Thanks in advance!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

This is gonna sound strange but try it anyway, it works for me.

Write down the stuff you do remember, from that pick out a key word and just remember that.

Give it a couple of days then remember the key word (or look at what you wrote). This should act as a trigger and the dream should return to you.

If you normally dont have any issues remembering your dreams then this should work. Its in there somewhere, you just need to find the trigger to bring it back out.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Drink mugwort tea before going to bed, sometimes you don't even know you are dreaming. You'll remember pretty much EVERYTHING after you wake up. Plus, I've experienced control in dreams from drinking it.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Thanks to both of you! I will write down what I can remember.

Where would I find mugwort tea? I can definitely order it online, but I'd rather just go out and get some ASAP.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Try getting back into bed!

Sometimes, if I've had a really vivid dream the night before but I can't remember it, when I go to bed the following night, it triggers a flashback of the dream I had!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You can also try laying down in bed with your eyes closed, and try to re-enact your sleeping environment during that night.

Such as: sleeping positions, position of your pillows, bed sheet positions, lighting, temperature, sounds, etc.

Sometimes, I will remember parts of dreams when I go to lay back down the next night; simply laying in a certain sleeping position can instantly bring back some of my memories.

Good luck,
-John Jr

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
mugwort tea

In the folklore of Native Americans, mugwort leaves were rubbed all over the body to keep ghosts away and to prevent from dreaming of the dead.

i don't think mugwort tea would really help the OP dream of her father

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Dream Journal is what you need. Write down anything you can.
Also I typically lay in bed for 5 minutes after waking up and remain motionless
and without stressing my brain, I calmly try to recall the images I dreamed about.
Eventually the pieces all come together.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

That is good advice, I forgot to mention that, thank you for sharing that.

new topics

top topics

join