It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange apparition on photo... 2010 June - France

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
reply to post by woodwytch

I was thinking the same thing Woody. Even if it is the middle of the night, there will be some sort of ambient light in the sky from a far off town, the moon and stars, etc.

Exactly ... I've been up on the moors at daft'o'clock in the morning (for sabbat and esbat moots) during the summer months and the skies look like this during a full moon ... or as you say there are lightened areas of sky in the directions of distant town/cities etc.

A midnight sky is rarely pitch black

Woody

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nivekronnoco
reply to post by elevenaugust

I see an obese frenchwoman...
the white part is her big butt....
you people eat way to many fatty foods...

Her 'bum might look big in this' because of the bustle on her dress (see the pics I added showing aristocratic fashion in the 18th century).

As for your comments about 'fatty foods' ... you do realize this picture was taken in France don't you ???

French Cuisine is one of the healthiest in the world ... it is Britain and America who swamp their food in grease my friend ... where exactly are you from that you feel you are in a position to be rude to people for the sake of it ?

people never cease to amaze me !

Woody

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No, No. I did download the link!! And there is no way in a million year, that the sky this day and age, is as bright as that, after midnight (JUST after midnight in France in June) Absolutely no way!! I live further north(england) and not even here, the sky is that bright in june.. Sorry..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
@augusteleven Apres minuit?? Pas grave si tu habites a Calais ou a Marseille, le ciel n'est jamais, jamais aussi clair que le ciel sur la photo.. ABE

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vschnz

No, No. I did download the link!! And there is no way in a million year, that the sky this day and age, is as bright as that, after midnight (JUST after midnight in France in June) Absolutely no way!! I live further north(england) and not even here, the sky is that bright in june.. Sorry..

... 'no way in a million years'

I love it when people like you make such wild and unfounded claims without anything to back them up

Are you sure you want to stand by that statement ... and if so do you have something to back-up the strength of your conviction ???

Think hard before you reply now

I'm really looking forward to your reply ... but I do have one quick question;

Why 'in this day and age' ... is that because you think there was the potential for light midnight skies more than a million years ago ... or that there will be bright midnight skies a million years into the furture ???

Please 'enlighten' us all with your answer (pun intended)

Woody

edit on 27-2-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

@augusteleven Apres minuit?? Pas grave si tu habites a Calais ou a Marseille, le ciel n'est jamais, jamais aussi clair que le ciel sur la photo.. ABE

Well put in french with no mispelling...

Anyway, you seems to imply that either me or the OP is a liair or at least a hoaxer?
I can assure you that this is not the case, and if you knew me better you should know it!

Even in the darker night sky, residual light (from distant towns, streetlights, from the moon or the stars, etc..) is still there and is enough to impress the CCD sensor.
It also depends of the shutter speed/exposure time.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Anyway, you seems to imply that either me or the OP is a liair or at least a hoaxer?
I can assure you that this is not the case, and if you knew me better you should know it!

Even in the darker night sky, residual light (from distant towns, streetlights, from the moon or the stars, etc..) is still there and is enough to impress the CCD sensor.

Well said, and give this a though as well:

I have personally run filters on this photo and find nothing strange about it to make me think it is a hoax.

Also, if I were to try to hoax somebody into believing my photo was real, I would put something in the original for them to see with the naked eye. Not something they would have to work at to see.

It's like that thread about the block of wood on the iceberg in Antarctica. People said it was photoshopped, but if I were trying to convince you that something strange was seen in Antarctica, I wouldn't choose a block of wood to photoshop, I would have put a '57 Chevy or a box of pop tarts on the iceberg.

I'm convinced the photo is unaltered, just not sure yet what the image is of.

Here is my proof that I did get something out of the original picture, still not as good as the OP though, but it proves that something is there, I just don't know what yet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9199fe5517c1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

I love it when people like you make such wild and unfounded claims without anything to back them up

Are you sure you want to stand by that statement ... and if so do you have something to back-up the strength of your conviction ???

Well woody,if u are that clever and bright, why dont u go out, next june( just after midnight) and take some pictures of the yorkshire night sky?? Just go near Leeds, or Rotherham or any yorkshire town..Just take one picture, only one picture with the same bright blue sky(Not an orangy colour city lights)Lets see who is the clever boy

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
By the way. i forgot.. As France is quiet a bit south than yorkshire, the sky will be even darker

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

"randomly shoot everywhere in the dark night"
I dont think that if u shoot randomly in the dark. u will start messing with your shutter speed, exposure time?? Too dark to change the setting,non??
Allez, arretes.. Tu derives un petit peu la mon gars

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vschnz

PS. U didnt even bother to have your flash on!! LMAO

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Well woody,if u are that clever and bright, why dont u go out, next june( just after midnight) and take some pictures of the yorkshire night sky?? Just go near Leeds, or Rotherham or any yorkshire town..Just take one picture, only one picture with the same bright blue sky(Not an orangy colour city lights)Lets see who is the clever boy

Hey again vschnz ... I knew you wouldn't let me down

First things first though ... I would just like to be clear on a couple of points;

#1 I do not claim to be 'clever' (far from it) ... I just try not to make rash ... OTT ... unsubstantiated statements

#2 We don't need to wait until next June around midnight to take photo's (I just used google image - I keyed 'midnight skies in britain' into the search engine)

#3 You make the point in the previous post that by being further north in England should mean that it is lighter ... later than in the south >>>you said>end>>The Second Picture Was Taken With A 12 Second Shutter Delay>The Third Picture Is A Midnight Exposure

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I dont think that if u shoot randomly in the dark. u will start messing with your shutter speed, exposure time?? Too dark to change the setting,non?

I never implied that the OP played with exposure time, just saying that, in a general way in photography, the ambient light and the exposure time could make dark areas brighter.

By the way. i forgot.. As France is quiet a bit south than yorkshire, the sky will be even darker

For the sky that have to be darker in June at midnight, here's an example that you'll like:

Taken 2010:06:19 00:06:21 (three days later and six minutes earlier) with the exact same camera: Samsung NV3 and the exact same exposure time: 1s

SOURCE
edit on 27-2-2011 by elevenaugust because: mispelling

edit on 27-2-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2011 by elevenaugust because: Add exifs infos

edit on 27-2-2011 by elevenaugust because: mispelling edit (again sry)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I dont think that if u shoot randomly in the dark. u will start messing with your shutter speed, exposure time?? Too dark to change the setting,non?

I never implied that the OP played with exposure time, just saying that, in a general way in photography, the ambient light and the exposure time could make dark areas brighter.

For the sky that have to be darker in June at midnight, here's an example that you'll like:

Taken 2010:06:19 00:06:21 (three days later and six minutes later) with the exact same camera: Samsung NV3 and the exact same exposure: 1s

SOURCE
edit on 27-2-2011 by elevenaugust because: mispelling

edit on 27-2-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

Don't be surprised if our friend still wants to argue the point ... or claim that this is yet another hoax ... no matter others can see what's happening

Woody

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

OK, thanks woodwytch!

Now, let's wait for the OP to come back over there and take some daylight shoots at the exact same location.

I'll try to find if any other photographies already exist anyway...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

OK, thanks woodwytch!

Now, let's wait for the OP to come back over there and take some daylight shoots at the exact same location.

I'll try to find if any other photographies already exist anyway...

That will be great ... it's always good to have a daylight view of these areas ... that way anything irrelevent can be dismissed ... it would be great to know more about the location and any history that goes with the area.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread ... so pleased you posted.

Woody

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It look as if it was someone riding a bicycle in the darkness of the night to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugustThis photo is to blurry to be called a ghoast on a photo. If it was better quality I would be more open to talking about this seiorusily. That's the problem with some of these "ghost photos". Most are not conclusive enough to even be called proof or anything close to it....But it is intresting.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Well, it's not a waymarker stone. For one, it's too far into the road, and another, it's too disporportied to be one. To me it first looked like a man in late style clothing walking down the road, away from your friends group. At reading the comments and closer look, it coudl be a late, late, style dress-ed woman. It really could be either or at this point.

It could be a variety of other things, but I really believe your friend captured some sort of entity. Of course I could be dead wrong, no pun intended XD

I am intrested to see if there is ever a reaccurence of this incident, and mabe better photo inhancement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join