It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange apparition on photo... 2010 June - France

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hello all!

Please be indulgent with my English as it is not my native language!

I would like to share with you a strange story with a strange photography.

I personally know the witness and have had many emails exchanges with him plus I know its full name and address, but haven't got the time to meet him yet.

Here's firstly the story behind this photography:
The witness used to have trips in a well known place in France for UFOs and sometimes paranormal activities: the "Col de Vence" and randomly shoot everywhere in the dark night (it was just after midnight), it was In June 2010.
He was over there with two friends that were standing behind him and haven't heard or saw anything unusual while he was shooting.... And there was nobody else on the road.

Coming back home and as he was looking at the photographies, he tried to enhance them as they appeared to be blurry (not surprising!) and noticed something clearer at the lower left corner:

The original untouched can be seen and downloaded HERE

Here's the best enhancement I can get for now:

This remain unexplained for now.

Any question or thoughts will be welcome and I will do my best to answer them.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's some kind of waymarker stone at a guess. The blurriness of the shot just makes it look spooky.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well, with these things you never really know. However, it looks like you have company walking along the path with you, perhaps carrying a pale or a bag of sorts. Looks like an astronaut caring his helmet to his side. With its long history (France that is), you would think you would experience this phenomena more often.

Nice picture.
edit on 26-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: Added the astronaut comment.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Interesting photo. It's on the road as well, so I don't think it's a stone. Looks like someone walking away, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Its a wooden sign.. facing away I'm guessing.. gotta get a beter camera..

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Looks like someone on a bike to me...
second

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It is poor quality. It could be a stone marker but in staying with the theme of this thread…when I first looked at it, it reminded me of someone in Louis the 14th style of dress. Maybe without a head, puffy sleeves.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Nice photo OP! It looks to me like a female figure walking away from the photographer. I can make out what appears to be shoulders, a waist, and possibly a long skirt.

I thought about a signpost too, but if it were, it looks like it's too far out into the road.

I downloaded the original sized photo, but with my crappy editing software have yet to get any details out of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by labyrinth101

Thanks for your input!
Well, many people checked it, including the witness during daylight, and there's nothing along the sides of this road...

Anyway, I can ask for a daylight photography at the exact same place, if necessary!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
reply to post by labyrinth101

Thanks for your input!
Well, many people checked it, including the witness during daylight, and there's nothing along the sides of this road...

Anyway, I can ask for a daylight photography at the exact same place, if necessary!

Hi Eleven. I think that would be helpful. I have been playing around with the original and there is something there, but I can't get it even as poor as the ones in the op. Something is there though.

Why didn't he use a flash?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Hi tsawyer,

I will ask him about the flash and the daylight photo, will let you know ASAP!

Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Hello all!

Please be indulgent with my English as it is not my native language!

I would like to share with you a strange story with a strange photography.

I personally know the witness and have had many emails exchanges with him plus I know its full name and address, but haven't got the time to meet him yet.

Here's firstly the story behind this photography:
The witness used to have trips in a well known place in France for UFOs and sometimes paranormal activities: the "Col de Vence" and randomly shoot everywhere in the dark night (it was just after midnight), it was In June 2010.
He was over there with two friends that were standing behind him and haven't heard or saw anything unusual while he was shooting.... And there was nobody else on the road.

Coming back home and as he was looking at the photographies, he tried to enhance them as they appeared to be blurry (not surprising!) and noticed something clearer at the lower left corner:

The original untouched can be seen and downloaded HERE

Here's the best enhancement I can get for now:

This remain unexplained for now.

Any question or thoughts will be welcome and I will do my best to answer them.

Hey there OP, this is an interesting picture indeed.

I run W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source), a private paranormal investigation team ... and I always advise people to brighten-up any dark photographs they might have because quite often they turn out to reveal things that would otherwise have been missed ... this picture is a perfect example.

To me it certainly looks like an apparition moving along the road away from the camera (viewed from the back) ... but of course without seeing the location firsthand this is only my opinion ... however, just to add a little depth to this picture and highlight the possibilities for this French location, I found a selection of pics that show examples of both male and female aristocratic fashion in the 18th century ... just to remind people ... frilly cuffs were the fashion of the day and to me I think these are quite easy to see in the OP's pic (see what you think).

#1 [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90a88913d1bd.jpg[/atsimg]

#2 [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44e196131034.jpg[/atsimg]

#3 [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffd7362374a5.jpg[/atsimg]

#4 [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9ad210dd0ca.jpg[/atsimg]

Woody

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My first thought was it looked like an astronaut...
or person carrying a backpack (rucksack, whatever you want to call it).

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Yes, that is exactly the type of clothing I saw when looking at it, although, to me it looked like a standing/walking dress, I don't see a head

A good camera can never be underestimated, mine can take pics while moving with no streaking or wobble, it makes them perfectly still. Initially, I bought it to capture the kids while running around, but I have used it while driving past a particular cemetery that is known to be haunted. While going the 40mph speed limited I get perfect stills of trees and such, just making a suggestion because when trying to identify supernatural objects in a picture that is fuzzy and streaked from movement perfectly normal objects take on a supernatural feel.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Yes, that is exactly the type of clothing I saw when looking at it, although, to me it looked like a standing/walking dress, I don't see a head

A good camera can never be underestimated, mine can take pics while moving with no streaking or wobble, it makes them perfectly still. Initially, I bought it to capture the kids while running around, but I have used it while driving past a particular cemetery that is known to be haunted. While going the 40mph speed limited I get perfect stills of trees and such, just making a suggestion because when trying to identify supernatural objects in a picture that is fuzzy and streaked from movement perfectly normal objects take on a supernatural feel.

So pleased it's not just me that noticed there was no visible 'head'

Your camera sounds great ... but I suppose for most people it's all a question of affordability when it comes to things like cameras etc.

Have you ever picked any anomolies up when taking snaps of the cemetary ... and if so maybe you would consider making a thread and adding them for viewing
I love looking at these kind of photo's ... even if they turn out to be nothing paranormal it's still a good way to learn about picture analysis for future reference.

>>>To The OP

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

One night I thought I picked up what looked like a bunch of faces and ghoulish looking things in the trees, it looked that way to me. But when I had some friends look at the pics they didn't see anything
So perhaps, I was just hoping too much. I'll try and dig them out, but I'm sure I'll be made a fool in the ats universe
but perhaps other eyes will agree with me.

It's very close to my house, I started going there because of the legend of Resurrection Mary and was trying find her, no such luck. But I keep trying one day I'm gonna get her
and I'll share it with the world.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

One night I thought I picked up what looked like a bunch of faces and ghoulish looking things in the trees, it looked that way to me. But when I had some friends look at the pics they didn't see anything
So perhaps, I was just hoping too much. I'll try and dig them out, but I'm sure I'll be made a fool in the ats universe
but perhaps other eyes will agree with me.

It's very close to my house, I started going there because of the legend of Resurrection Mary and was trying find her, no such luck. But I keep trying one day I'm gonna get her
and I'll share it with the world.

I think it's important to remember that if you (or anyone else for that matter) upload a photgraph that is suspected to show paranormal anomolies ... expect nothing in return
a lot of people seem predisposed to discount 'everything'

Don't worry about it ... the truth is ... whether we are believers or not ... none of us know for certain ... but it is much healthier to have an open mind than to be the kind of person who keeps their mind padlocked ... just don't let your mind be so open that your brain falls out

In a nutshell ... don't let the naysayers put you off sharing.

Woody

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

>>>To The OP

<<   2  3 >>

join