It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodyless Dog's head brought back to life. 1940's Russian experiment.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Most people disagree with this kind of experiments using animals (in this case killing a dog to try to Revive it),

but anytime of the days we go and have some burgers, bacon, ham, etc...

Can someone from those group of people who disagree with this kind of experiment tell me where/how do we get the meat we (most people) eat?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I first saw this video, i believe, in a UK documentary aired on channel 4 called 'the First Head Transplant'.
I found a clip here..

I believe they also had colour footage from an American doctor in the late 60's who was recreating the russian studies and he grafted a dogs head onto another dog, and it survived for a while.

Very disturbing stuff. Imagine what we don't see?

Like this monstrocity...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
if this is real, it means that there is no such thing as soul or spirit?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
wow, this is sick to the core; the idea itself to try to revive a bodyless head is disturbing me beyond measure.
What in the world could be the purpose of this experiment? An attempt to prolong life and keep us alive when somehow the body would fail to function? We'll gonna live with our head attached to somebody else' body, running around like a mindless herd of Frankesteins, or zombies? Aren't we fake enough already, with all those silicon implants, fake tooth, fake lips, fake boobs, fake hair, fake hearts? Is the human body nothing more than a physical mechanism, with spare parts, like a car?
I can see this scenario of an old man creeping outside the windows, and a young man from inside screaming at him: "Granpa, stop trying to kill me and go home, you'll not get my body, and that's it!"

I don't know about you, but I believe that the human body is an extraordinary complex living unit that we only begin to understand in its whole, not to mention to replicate it or improve it. I believe in a holistic medical approach if we really want to heal without harming, and prolong life. I believe that in our mindless arrogance we will keep pretending that we know what are we doing until we'll destroy it beyond recognition. And that may be the end of human race.

S&F for this finding, as disturbing as it is.

edit on 27-2-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The video is in fact very real.

If you care to observe the illustration at the start you will notice that the severed 'head' still has section of the neck. This makes it easier to insert venal and arterial cannula's and would also have various muscles within the neck section that would provide the twitching and also keep an amount of brain stem.

There would be no need to feed the dog because in the film they say that basic functions can be sustained for roughly four hours, after that time I assume cell damage / decay starts to inhibit the process.

And as a side note to people who say it's sick etc etc then I ask you to learn and research more. Experiments like this gave rise to artificial hearts, kidney dialysis, life support and so on. The same thing happened with Joseph Mengele (Nazi death camp doktor). Some of his research is now classed as pioneering in the field of several areas of medicine.

Our present marvels of modern science came from a brutal past!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That dog had swag

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sir please answer my question, if this is real, it means that there is no such thing as soul or spirit?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho
if this is real, it means that there is no such thing as soul or spirit?

Why? Why does it mean that?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The creature is animated not alive. Those seem like neuro reflexes that the dog is reacting too...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

That would be because after 24 hours, cells, at the most basic level start to die off themselves. And decay. So, it is possible, but for only a short period. Also, even if they able to animate a dead being, it still would have no connection to natural energies, no conscience, that is to say.

A major flaw in human science, is the idea that consciousness is derived from being, but the truth is, and its a BIG truth, that our material being derives from our consciousness. If you apply this theory, you will come to some pretty staggering conclusions.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad
reply to post by MITSwagger

That would be because after 24 hours, cells, at the most basic level start to die off themselves. And decay. So, it is possible, but for only a short period. Also, even if they able to animate a dead being, it still would have no connection to natural energies, no conscience, that is to say.

A major flaw in human science, is the idea that consciousness is derived from being, but the truth is, and its a BIG truth, that our material being derives from our consciousness. If you apply this theory, you will come to some pretty staggering conclusions.

Ah ok I got it, so there is still soul or spirit within us, so this really must be a case of real zombies, thank you for all your clarification,

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
When science can replicate living cells in something that is "non-living" then we can discuss whether or not there is a soul.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho
Sir please answer my question, if this is real, it means that there is no such thing as soul or spirit?

Your brain is where your memories are... your brain is where YOU are... Getting a new body would be the same as getting a liver or kidney or heart transplant.

The soul 'sits' in the pineal gland... it will follow your head

So no worries... the body is merely a shell

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I do believe the experiments in the OP video is very real.

The below videos are as graphic as the dog one.

I did some searching and found this video on youtube about the first monkey head transplant.

Now this other video, with the same scientist as in the video above, talks about this first isolated brain that was kept alive for about 12 hours.

The last video has a 2nd part to it, and Dr. White talks about his trip to the Soviet Union and he sees the exact same experiments on animals that were in the OP video to. (Some footage from the OP video included in part 2)

edit on 10-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Why all the fuss over an old Russian experiment?

I mean it's not like the US Government would do anything like that right? Someone like say...ohhhh... DARPA?

The BORG are here... and they are us!!

The Brain Machine Interface:
www.hyper-evolution.com...

Brain Machine Interface - Defense Sciences Office (DSO) - Dr. Eric Eisenstadt
www.hyper-evolution.com...

Brain Machine Interface: BMI (Cyborg Soldiers)
www.staticbrain.com...

DARPA Bioengineering Program Seeks to Turn Soldiers Into Cyborgs
Frankensteins in the Pentagon
DARPA's Creepy Bioengineering Program
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

DARPA To Support Development Of Human Brain-Machine Interfaces
www.sciencedaily.com...
edit on 10-3-2011 by zorgon because: Brain? Who needs a Brain?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Found this while snooping round a mates hard drive, pretty sure its soviet era propaganda.
Just the Russians saying "look out, we can bring our troops back to life"

<< 2  3  4   >>

join