Bodyless Dog's head brought back to life. 1940's Russian experiment.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I was taught the brain control's all functions of the body.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I believe Russia's problems with dog's back then are as of China's today. That is why China uses them for fur coasts to simulate wild animals.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

I was taught the brain control's all functions of the body.

Yes but the brain controls the muscles. What if the muscles aren't present? Again I believe it is possible, just not in this video. The video seems fake.
edit on 25-2-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's fake. There's a certain twitch it gives, like with the hammer...where the head twitches slightly backward and up. This would be impossible unless there were something to twitch against (like a body), simple physics...think lever.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
This has got to be a Hoax - a real experiement such as this would not choose a pet dog as a test subject. It would be another type wild animal. Who ever did this or is trying to make it look like they did this is very sick!

You would be sick to know what MAN has done..

Flame torches to pigs LIVE bodies, till it is crackling in order to know how best to treat burn victims..

I saw this, and at the end the pig, tied down, is in agony, and they feed it a drink which it laps up...

HUMANS MAKE ME SICK.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII
Experiments like these are the boundary-pushing keys that are unlocking the doors that guard the rooms of the future of Mankind.

Without testing such as this, we'd all stay in some type of stillvolution.

Kill ant torture everything so we can kill and torture everything.

Good to know.

fu

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

If the brain control's muscles then why can't they reanimate a head with a pump? Do you know how many muscles make up a dog head? I only stated the video was real to stir up propaganda. I myself don't believe this but who is to say it's not possible. Real video or not the idea can work as has worked.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
It's fake. There's a certain twitch it gives, like with the hammer...where the head twitches slightly backward and up. This would be impossible unless there were something to twitch against (like a body), simple physics...think lever.

I've seen beheadings..

Heads can move in response to stimulation.

I have seen it

Look up hensley... one of the three with Eugene Armstrong.

Jacks head MOVED after being placed on his back as his jaw opened..

God I bloody hate our species...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Yes. I have seen another video such as this. No where in this video does it state the dog feels "detached" from it's body. The dog still think's it's body is there. This can be related to people who loose their limbs but still think it's there. Ghost appendage. In terms of feeling pain associated with it's head being detached from it's body. That thought too makes me sick.
edit on 25-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

biology.about.com...

Please do not insult my intelligence. Man, this is why I am starting to hate ATS. Because of post's like yours. Did you even watch the video? The Blood they pump is of the dog's. They are able to apply oxygen as well. Why do you insist that the brain does not control muscle function? it does not matter if it is your Toe, Finger, Eye, Anus, Kidney, Liver. it's all controlled by the brain. Your misconception is that of believing your stomach is where your immune system comes from.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
if they were doing this back then i can only imgaine what they're accomplishing behind the scenes these days and my imagination is pretty imaginative so just imagine...i am...(imagining)
edit on 25-2-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Not really surprised at all what has been "experimented" on...

Technology is not even advanced enough in this day and age here in 2011 to accomplish this task of keeping a head alive for people even who actually have a body...

So therefore the video was simply a marketing ad of some sorts to sell a hypothetical idea... Still a cool concept nonetheless...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
i believe it is fake. I don't think even a dogs head can do anything without a spirit...I know for sure you can't just take a dead person and breath and pump blood through his body and he live. If so, they would do it when anyone died...Hoax, I would say...

Ummm....yes, they can. It is done all the time. It's called life-support. There are 'dead' people being kept 'alive' with machines and have been for a long time.

Techincally, someone is not considered dead until all brain activity is gone. (hence the term brain dead) They can still be kept 'alive' by essentially doing what the machines in the video were also doing. Breathing, circulating and oxygenating blood. (heart/lung machines) normally, when it gets to that point it is left to the family to decide when to 'pull the plug'.

Without oxygen, all organs begin to die after about 4 minutes. The human brain begins to have permanent damage after 6mins. An average sized adult has a oxygen reserve of about 8-10 minutes. (meaning if their heart suddenly stopped and someone did chest compression only CPR, there would be enough oxygen to keep the brain alive for up to 10 minutes or so).

I found another clip that showed another experiment with a dog. They bled it out, then used a stop watch after it died to time how long it went without oxygen before 're-animation'. I would imagine it would be the same way with the headless dog. They would only be able to re-animate it whithin a certain amount of time after its death, or it would be brain dead and the brain wouldn't work, no matter what you did to it.

I personally think it is disgusting and I found the video repulsive. I realize that many of the technologies I take for granted today was achieved by similar 'experiments'....but cutting a dogs head off? I see this as more of a 'playin God' scenario and crosses the line. I can only imagine what other experiments have been conducted in the name of science...to satisfy mankinds sickness.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

yes, but did his head jump up...or move as a muscle got relaxed thereby moving the centre of gravity? the dogs head moves as if it has a neck and supporting weight behind it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Haldane made many contributions to human genetics and was one of the three major figures to develop the mathematical theory of population genetics. He is usually regarded as the third of these in importance, after R.A. Fisher and Sewall Wright. His greatest contribution was in a series of ten papers on "A Mathematical Theory of Natural and Artificial Selection" which was the major series of papers on the mathematical theory of natural selection. It treated many major cases for the first time, showing the direction and rates of changes of gene frequencies. It also pioneered in investigating the interaction of natural selection with mutation and with migration. Haldane's book, The Causes of Evolution (1932), summarized these results, especially in its extensive appendix. This body of work was a component of what came to be known as the "modern evolutionary synthesis", re-establishing natural selection as the premier mechanism of evolution by explaining it in terms of the mathematical consequences of Mendelian genetics.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
AHAHAH wow. Look at this Quote I found from J.B.S

""My body has been used for both purposes during my lifetime and after my death, whether I continue to exist or not, I shall have no further use for it, and desire that it shall be used by others. Its refrigeration, if this is possible, should be a first charge on my estate."[9]"

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I cannot edit my threads and I am under restriction to do just that. I found the name of J.B.S from the start of the video. Looked it up and found.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I am now reading that book, Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. thanks for the tip.
From what I've read so far, it is really interesting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join