It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large crack opens in the earth in southern Peru

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
hello

a friend send me this link a few minute ago, i don"t know if somebody has already talked about it on ats, i search but i did not find any topic

The sudden appearance early in the morning of an enormous crack, measuring 100 meters wide and three kilometers long, caused confusion among residents of the Huacullani district in the Chucuito province, department of Puno. The exact cause of the crack in the earth still unknown. Peru’s geophysical institute ruled out the occurrence of an earthquake in the region, but what is clear is that the ground opened up and large blocks of earth can be observed scattered throughout the area.

www.livinginperu.com...

some people still saying nothing to see here...this is normal... and it's fine... so i I do not even argued on the subject is a waste of time, I just wanted to post this news.
since the begining of 2011 the world is breaks into pieces but that's normal then that's normal

peace....

edit on 25-2-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Massive cracks in the earths surface, birds acting weird, people over throwing governments, UFOs leaving infants in random places, US dollar slowly declining... I just don't care anymore. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I once read about this guy who (can't remember his name) theorized that giant pockets of methane may burst at times and allow the methane out while swallowing whatever maybe above it like towns or villages. This could be why they find some artifacts that are not that old deeper than older artifacts. This could be what happened here.
edit on 25-2-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Cool! Thanks for sharing! A fissure
Are there any volcanoes around this area? If so that might easily explain this phenomena... if not...then perhaps not so easily.

Any extensive crack in the earth is a fissure. When a small or medium-size fissure is filled with magma it is termed a dike. A large, magma-filled fissure that breaches the surface may erupt along its whole length or manifest as a chain of craters, each connected by a short central pipe to the magma-filled fissure below.

Small fissures are a common feature of volcanoes built by central activity (i.e., fed by a single pipelike conduit at their core). Indeed, most central volcanoes begin as eruptions from fissures and later localize to a single, central vent. High pressure in the central pipe may cause cracks in the surrounding cone or shield; if such a fissure breaches the surface, it may become a secondary point of eruption or even take over for the central crater. A fissure of this type typically appears at the surface as a hairline crack that gradually increases in width. Sulfurous fumes and steam emerge first, followed by small, glowing crumbs of red-hot rock. Later, viscous lava begins to bulge and ooze from the fissure, followed by increasingly fluid and voluminous flow. Not all fissures open so gradually; where magma meets subsurface water, steam explosions can open or widen a fissure suddenly.

Small fissures around central volcanoes are a parasitic phenomenon. In contrast, eruptions along large, independent fissures are a distinct type of volcanism. Such eruptions may be pyroclastic (i.e., explosive eruptions of solid fragments), such as that which covered the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes in Alaska with some 1.7 mi3 (7 km3) of ash and pumice in 1912, or those which covered Nevada and western Utah with 12,000 mi3 (50,000 km3) of welded tuff in the early Oligocene and late Pliocene Epochs. Fissure eruptions may also be gradual, such as the Great Tolbachik Fissure Eruption on the Kamchatka Peninsula in Russia, that in 1975 vented lava from a fissure 19 mi (30 km) long for 450 days and covered more than 15 mi2 (40 km2) with lava flows.

Iceland is widening by about .5–1 in (1–2 cm) per year because it sits astride the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, and so is infiltrated by stretching-induced fissures that yield numerous fissure eruptions. Although not all independent fissure eruptions are on the largest scale, the most voluminous volcanic eruptions have all been fissure eruptions.

Source

SnF

Peace & Respect,

AS

edit on 25-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added + snf

edit on 25-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
House collapsed and 5 year old is still missing. If he's under the debris I hope he will be found soon.

This is a huge crack.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It doesn't look like the cracks we are use to..
More like just the top is disturbed..Odd.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is taking place somewhere in northern USA as well, there was a thread about it...I think Michigan or close to there....
What gets me is what is this kind of geologic movement?
I understand earthquakes to a degree, but these cracks must be indicative of a very unusual ground condition....
and disturbance factor.....
The recent spacequakes may be part of the scenario.......

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
seems to be happening elsewhere also....expanding earth theory?

expanding earth theory website

there weren't significant earthquakes registered for these cracks in the Earth either:

www.esa.int...

www.redicecreations.com...

news.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 25-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
or maybe the world is just spliting in two

I am aware that it does happen but ... in two months I have seen so many events that in 5 years ... I really feel that I spent a year each month ... this is just the beginning.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

but this proves that there is a movement taking place ... or I would say the acceleration of the movement ... The plates are always moving, so why so quickly ...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

there's obviously something major going on in the universe and solar system.....

increasing and accelerated expansion of universe

Betelgeuse facing imminent implosion

various anomalies in solar system within planets

earth pole shift

planetery alignment

possible plasma universe

impending and increasing comet activity

Nibiru?

New ice age

extreme weather

geophysical activity

all the animal anomalies, political revolutions etc etc.......the dots require joining!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I've really been starting to wonder lately. alot of things happen all the time for whatever reason/s, but now it appears there might be one thing soo big, that it can effect everything all at once. like the earth is being tugged on by some giant marionette strings.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

certainly seems that way!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

increasing and accelerated expansion of universe

This actually began about 5 billion years ago...before the solar system was even formed. It has nothing to do with everything else. "Everything else", though, is fascinating. It's both exciting and worrying to get up each morning in anticipation of what new strange natural occurrence we'll be faced with.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

mentioned due to accelerated expansion and theories on universe about to reach critical density.

age of universe

universe reaching critical density

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Alrighty. The physicist in me wants to disagree with that idea, but this is me being good and not discounting something I can't disprove. I would pay more attention to the solid evidence going on around us here on Earth, though.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

i get up eatch morning and i drink my cofee and i see my universe expansion accelerating... with craks and hole...

... I do not know how this world was born, I was not there to see it and I would not be pretentious to think that it is possible to calculate...
the universe never gives these secrets, it just leaves us to believe

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

seems like the physicists are on it already!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Unfortunately, "critical density" isn't as critical as it may sound. It simply means the energy-density which yields a "flat" universe. As stated in the link you provided, the measured density of the universe is within a very small (in fact, negligible) margin of being equal to the calculated critical density. This means the universe is "flat", which also matches observations of the paths of parallel light staying parallel. It also means the universe will not collapse back in on itself. Instead, it will continue expanding. "Critical density" doesn't have the ominous implication's you're implying.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It appears this is mostly rock of some sort that has opened and cracked. The cracks found in Michigan was earth and what looked like mud holes and cracks with a temperature change present. I wonder if temperature readings took place in Peru? Either way it indicates pressure being applied from some source for this to happen. I do hope they find the 5 year that is missing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join