It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Stock Exchange trading hit by 'tech problem'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

London Stock Exchange trading hit by 'tech problem'

liveservice.londonstockexchangegroup.com

Share trading on the London Stock Exchange was halted at the open on Friday with the operator blaming a technical problem.

Dealers were worried that the problem might not be fixed before the release of fourth-quarter gross domestic product figures at 9:30 a.m.

There's no news on how long it's going to be (before they fix the problem) ... let's hope it opens before the GDP numbers," Priest said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
GDP numbers to be released... and this happens...

This is too convenient to be a coincidence...

BTW, the system is not up yet... and the numbers are out :

UK GDP contracted 0.6% in Q4 2010

he Office for National Statistics reported today that gross domestic product (GDP) contracted by 0.6 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2010, revised down from the previously estimated fall of 0.5 per cent.

Output of the production industries was revised down from 0.9 per cent to 0.7 per cent growth in the latest quarter.

Output in the service industries was revised down to a fall of 0.7 per cent in the latest quarter from a fall of 0.5 per cent reported in the preliminary estimate.

Household expenditure fell 0.1 per cent following a rise of 0.1 per cent in the third quarter of 2010.

Gross fixed capital formation fell 2.5 per cent

In the fourth quarter of 2010 the trade deficit in real terms increased to £10.2 billion from £9.3 billion.

The GDP implied deflator rose by 2.8 per cent compared with the fourth quarter of 2009.

The report is not good... and the system is still down... we shall see what happens when it goes back up... if we'll see a major selling.

liveservice.londonstockexchangegroup.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I hope it has something to do with the alleged acquisition of stuxnet by some Anon(s) out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo
I hope it has something to do with the alleged acquisition of stuxnet by some Anon(s) out there.

Yeah what we totally need is the whole thing blamed on Anonymous so the government can force down our throat a Chinese-style internet...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Not good figures but I would not be surprised if someone hadn't kept their finger on the systems "off" button to prevent nasty things happening when fear mongering takes hold.

Taking a step back from the markets, all you have to do is look at the fear mongering from some news outlets in the UK about oil prices and a return of a 70s style 3 day week to see where this might be heading.

Daily Fail: Rising oil prices and the spectre of another three day week

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That would only expedite the fall of our government. So be it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Interesting. Some of you may have noted that this is not the first suspicious "tech"-related fracas that the London Stock Exhchange has been involved in within the last few days. For example, the Italian Exchange, which owned by the London Stock exchange, halted trading for 'Technical Issues' on Wednesday. In connection therewith, the Telegraph was reporting that the London Stock Exchange was facing an official probe about that particular market shutdown.

Hmmm.

edit on 2/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i am wondering as to whether the proposed sdr's as a new reserve currency (new debt layer) to insulate the us dollar has a part to play in this. i know it is only a proposal but even before measures are implemented it seems there is a sounding out period to gauge reaction prior to agreement.
another possibility is the delay game max kieser spoke of. dumping stock, fubar the system and then when fixed, buy it all up at a cheaper rate. just guesses from me.
slightly off topic; who the hell rubber stamped the sale of high powered long range sniper rifles to the libyan regime? for display purpose only!!!!
f

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Oh Boo-hoo. The greedy, psychopathic elites can't get their gambling fix today......
I hate the markets and their trading and their insider secrets. Sometimes I just wish it would all come crashing down around them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Oh They will come out with, thier Computers were hacked. And you will know who will get the blame for that one. Anonymous off course to further demonize them

But other than funny, how on the day they were releasing numbers this happens. Something smells bad about this.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If you think the market will fall on this 'bad news' then think again......

FTSE will close on a high.

Over the last few years the markets have appeared to do exactly the opposite to what you would expect, you watch......

MR

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

For example, the Italian Exchange, which owned by the London Stock exchange, halted trading for 'Technical Issues' on Wednesday.

I thought exactly the same. I am not one of those who believes easily in coincidences, probably there will be other "technical issues" in the coming days.

top topics

join