It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Brazil [HOAX]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You know, I think this video is the final proof that I needed to seriously look into my natural ability to instantly tell when an image is C.G.I.... I should look into doing animation or something.

When I first seen the video, I could literally instantly tell with my own eyes that the "UFO" was not in the sky, and not only that but that it was also a poorly rendered CGI image.

It just
LOOKS
fake... Re-watch it and focus on the visual quality of the "UFO" compared to the crispness and sharp quality of the cloud it is next to.. The "UFO" looks blurry, the shading looks terrible, and and clearly isn't existing as a solid object in the sky. It almost looks cartoonish.

Go film an airplane flying by a cloud and you'll see the difference between a real object and a CGI one and you'll know what I mean.

It boggles my mind that the majority can't instantly tell either. I guess their insatiable lust for every light and every obvious fake video to be totally real 100% definitive proof of Extraterrestrial activity must blind them to an obvious fake.

Don't get me wrong I seriously believe we are being visited by a non-human intelligence but 99% of all existing video today of things in the sky are fakes and misinterpretations.

There are very very select few videos that fall under the classification of truly "unidentified".... And even then who's to say that we are looking at something "extraterrestrial"?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by goatfish

Ok then > [HOAX!]. Nice find

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It all basically boils down to this. For you folks who think the whole thing is real, at the end of the day, what do we have? What information have we gathered? What have we learned? Well, the answer is... nothing.

It's just an image. Even if it was real, what was it a real video OF? Who knows? We don't have anything to back it up. We don't know anything more about UFOs or aliens or time travelers after the video than we did before. It's all just pointless and useless by itself.

So you can ooh and ahh about it, but in the end it's just not worth anything.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
You know, I think this video is the final proof that I needed to seriously look into my natural ability to instantly tell when an image is C.G.I.... I should look into doing animation or something.

When I first seen the video, I could literally instantly tell with my own eyes that the "UFO" was not in the sky, and not only that but that it was also a poorly rendered CGI image.

Yeah. I know what you mean. After you've seen enough of these things, they become obvious. Then combine that with the way it is so conveniently playing hide and seek with the cameraman, the length of the video, and the way it ends with a dramatic flourish, and you've got a fake all the way.

I know that some people really want these things to be real, and they put on "UFO Goggles" so that even the crappiest videos and photos look real to them. And I guess that's kind of a shame. People need to familiarize themselves with what reality looks like on video. They need to watch more real news or something, rather than just YouTube videos. They're just not getting it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
looked ok until the flash bit and then it dropped I call fake too...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I couldn't agree more..

Once you've seen a lot of footage you'll get an eye for what is physically in the sky or on the ground in a video, and what was added later. Even WITH the latest CGI software there is still a slight air of "not quite real" to the image.

Be it the latest in video game graphics or hollywood SFX... If a jumbo jet flew into the frame of the fake video you would be able to tell that the depth of field and the image quality of the jet and the UFO were not the same.

I guess it's about here when the blind believer would argue the alien spacecraft was "phase shifting" or some such nonsense so that it didn't look quite the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Very good footage(if it is real).

I must say, it looks too good to be true, but i have seen some weird phenomena before and it does create that "surreal" feeling like this video did.

The only thing that is truly questionable is the sound it makes when the lights are flashing. It sounds as if the lights are right next to the camera man, rather than far away.

I cant say for sure yet if that is a deal breaker on it being a hoax, but it is definitely something to consider when analyzing this footage.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Ok if ALL of these people are SO good at cgi why don't they All get together and make a real goood ufo movie because after seeing that ,,well Lucas and all the rest of those cgi guys apparently SUCK .
Because i aint seen nothing like that at the last big Hollywood Production Cgi expert produced million dollar hits.!

Yeah, becase there's no way Industrial Light and Magic could recreate a little brown ufo coming out of a cloud then making a bright flash of light. Jeez...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

It's been proved to be fake.

Read back a couple of pages

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

My probability numbers, obviously invented, and which you are making such a fuss about, simply served to indicate my measure of confidence in the integrity of the video. A measure of confidence based on countless hours analyzing hundreds of similar videos over the years, and seeing some clear "early warning signs" - a lack of pertinent information regarding witnesses, a total absence of other road users participating in the "event", the cozy spatial relationship between camera and object, etc., among others. I wasn't trying to write a book and take your money.

My claim that this video was manipulated turned out to be true, and yes - you're correct - I should have elucidated on my reasoning before I concocted my imaginary numbers. But when you've seen as many hoaxes as I have sometimes it's fun to throw all your chips in and let others do the work (and bask in a sage-like air of wisdom when the inevitible hoax is confirmed).

Many apologies to your sensibilities.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Simply stated...Seeing is believing.

As far as I am concerned I will never believe any UFO video on YouTube ever again.

Unless it happens on live TV, with dozens of credible witnesses who all have their own footage of the same event or unless I witness it myself in my own backyard I shall remain skeptical.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I´m surprised how many of you know how it looks if a UFO disappears.

And here we go again. You need only one person to call it a hoax and that´s it. We want disclosure. Yeah right.
You don´t want to see the truth that´s all.

@ the UFO footage uploaders Don´t bother anymore. It´s always fake or a hoax. Many of you don´t know how a UFO looks like but you just scream fake without any proof and case closed. This is getting ridicilous.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

It was proved a couple of pages back that it is fake.

The "UFO" vanishes a frame before the truck passes. It's fake man, just like we called it out to be.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hey Nomad- I tend to agree with you but I'm wondering: ( and not to veer off topic )

Originally posted by Nomad451
Don't get me wrong I seriously believe we are being visited by a non-human intelligence but 99% of all existing video today of things in the sky are fakes and misinterpretations.

Why do you believe we are being visited by non-human intelligence if most of the videos and or pictures of things are either mis-identified, fake, or otherwise unidentifiable?... which you say, and I agree, are not necessarily indicative of extraterrestrial visitation...

There are very very select few videos that fall under the classification of truly "unidentified".... And even then who's to say that we are looking at something "extraterrestrial"?

I'm really just trying to gauge what drives peoples beliefs in alien visitation, since I've never been lucky enough to witness even a ufo and don't believe we have hard enough evidence (if not proof) of such visitation

edit on 24-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
If you watch closely, the two lights that fall seem to break the cloud up,leaving no cloud in the path that they have fallen. Then once they have hit the ground, the cloud forms together again.

Or have I just watched this too many times now - eyes playing tricks on me?

I noticed this as well. This video will be dissected to bits for all kinds of things soon, if not already by the time this post arrives.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
C.G.I.

PROVE.IT.

If you're going to make a definitive claim, you have to have some evidence, or at least some reasoning. I don't see anything in the video that tells me it's CGI, other than the outrageousness of the event itself.

At the very least, it's very intriguing, warranting further investigation.

No. That's not how it works.

Occams Razor tells us this is more likely to be CGI than an alien ship.

Therefore the burden is on THE BELIEVER to prove it is real.

I disagree. Occam's Razor, (being logically the easiest and correct answer) shouldn't be limited to initial intuition and disregarded. Even if it is an open and shut case, we must still follow protocol when evaluating and separating truth from fiction. Seeing this forum does not have a UFO regulatory body, we must handle this by debate.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
This is an interesting video , most probably CGI .....but very well done , lots of little details .

Nice blend with the cloud

The objects discharged travel down the appendage on the right of the " craft "
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce2f2ee7c840.jpg[/atsimg]

Gut feeling say's CGI but it's the best one I've seen for a while .

The TRUCK looks very cgi fake to me let alone the UFO.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm afraid that people's ability with photoshop and 3d studio et al is making the identification of ufo footage increasingly difficult. We're going to have to remember common sense before we judge. Such as:
News reports
Eye witness accounts
Radar operator's accounts
etc.

The thing to keep in mind is the obvious as hoaxers are getting to be quite skilled these days. I think what rational people need to do when seeing the next video like this is realise that the creators of the footage are so caught up in the details that they just overlook the fact that e.g. other people in the vid are not acting as if a huge event was occurring or other basic stuff.

Watch out for the obvious. The obvious being what would real people do in these situations and what circumstancial and physical evidence is available for investigation after the (alleged) sighting...

Come on people, deny ignorance so as to find the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Countless of UFO sightings have been documented where the metallic UFO's have turned in to balls of light. The UFO I witnessed was also hiding in the clouds, except it was night and it had an orange glow. I unfortunately did not see anything metallic with my sighting. Based on the movie "Fire in the sky", behind the orange glow there is a metallic UFO; sorry for using this as a reference. Too bad that the cameraman's camera did not have infrared, I wonder if the camera would have picked up the UFO after it cloaked. Based on previous well documented sightings, UFO's cloak and when they do cloak they can only be picked up by infrared. Sorry, but I have no reason to believe that this is a fake.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Ok if ALL of these people are SO good at cgi why don't they All get together and make a real goood ufo movie because after seeing that ,,well Lucas and all the rest of those cgi guys apparently SUCK .
Because i aint seen nothing like that at the last big Hollywood Production Cgi expert produced million dollar hits.!

Wow are you serious? What about district 9 just how real did that ship look in the sky. You my friend are delusional and have a ton of blind spots you can't see through...

This was a TERRIBLE cgi, your telling me hollywood should recruit these guys??? Get real dude,

btw I truly want to believe but at the moment 51% of me believes and 49% doesn't in ET life
edit on 24-2-2011 by redwine425 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join