It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More dead birds - eyewitness report from Scottsboro, AL

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

no more like a bump,weird,also my dog pretty much wont eat.she has never ever done that.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by theson

Nope, haven't heard anything here... anyone else?

Was it like an explosion maybe?

TheRedneck

Hi Redneck....here is a comment from the fisherman that I told you was fishing in this area on the 23rd. He is absolute on his reason for the dead coots so I will share with you.

He has duck hunted in that exact area for well over 30 years. He said he has seen it several times where the coots dont do alot of flying through the winter...they stay along the water eating and getting fat. He said that he has witnessed groups of coots going to try to take off...still dripping wet, having trouble taking flight due to not in the practice of it as well as putting on weight....and fluttering themselves right into the power lines along that area. He said in one sitting he watched at least 40 coots one morning do this in a little over a hours time. That they all fell dead, after they would flutter trying to catch flight, and bump into the power lines.

Not sure if there is anyway to test to find out if they all died of electrocution...but still just wanted to share that with you.

I played the devils advocate with him saying that they seemed to be too scattered across the highway and he still didnt budge on his theory. He kept saying...I have seen it many times....they flutter into the wires and flop dead to the road.

LV

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

Oh damn. Is this near Huntsville?
I should have known! In that case, here's a bit more to think about or add to this mix—something I ran across while doing some research for my thundersnow thread. Here's my summary of it, from that thread:

From just yesterday, we have this report about a thundersnow event in Huntsville, Alabama, on 9 January 2011. Huntsville is just two hours from me here in Atlanta. Huntsville's 9-inch snowfall featured rare lightning, thundersnow, gravity wave combination.

A lightning flash 50 miles long, thundersnow, and gravity waves rippling through the air causing some of the heaviest snowfall in North Alabama records.

Those were surprise findings researchers from NASA and the University of Alabama in Huntsville recorded when they ventured out into this month's snowstorm.

Gravity waves? Eleven gravity waves, to be exact, which rippled across Huntsville and Madison County that night. These waves,they say, typically escalate tornadoes and ripen the atmosphere for thunderstorms. However, "What causes these waves isn't well studied or understood," says this article, which more findings from the same storm, from a study being conducted by NASA and USHuntsville: (Source).

Also, slightly off topic, but interesting nonetheless: Gravity wave leaves fallen trees, power lines. Also in Huntsville.

So what's going on with gravity waves and snow and leaves and trees in Huntsville? I don't know. I do know Huntsville happens to be the site of a lot of the International Space Station work. Reading all these articles makes a person wonder 1.) why NASA is involved in this research and 2.) if this might possibly have anything to do with the GPS testing that went on recently. (See this ATS thread.)

And then there's this: NASA Scientists Study Thundersnow In The Deep South Hmmm...this all may be another thread in itself.

NASA so into the weather. Strange gravity wavesFrom just yesterday, we have this report about a thundersnow event in Huntsville, Alabama, on 9 January 2011. Huntsville is just two hours from me here in Atlanta. Huntsville's 9-inch snowfall featured rare lightning, thundersnow, gravity wave combination.

A lightning flash 50 miles long, thundersnow, and gravity waves rippling through the air causing some of the heaviest snowfall in North Alabama records.

Those were surprise findings researchers from NASA and the University of Alabama in Huntsville recorded when they ventured out into this month's snowstorm.

Gravity waves? Eleven gravity waves, to be exact, which rippled across Huntsville and Madison County that night. These waves,they say, typically escalate tornadoes and ripen the atmosphere for thunderstorms. However, "What causes these waves isn't well studied or understood," says this article, which more findings from the same storm, from a study being conducted by NASA and USHuntsville: (Source.

Also, slightly off topic, but interesting nonetheless: Gravity wave leaves fallen trees, power lines. Also in Huntsville.

So what's going on with gravity waves and snow and leaves and trees in Huntsville? I don't know. I do know Huntsville happens to be the site of a lot of the International Space Station work. Reading all these articles makes a person wonder 1.) why NASA is involved in this research and 2.) if this might possibly have anything to do with the GPS testing that went on recently. (See this ATS thread.)

And then there's this: NASA Scientists Study Thundersnow In The Deep South Hmmm...this all may be another thread in itself. who knows.

NASA so into weather in Huntsville? Strange gravity waves? Home of the ISS? Are they up to something? You never know....

edit on 2/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Shoot,hsv is the black ops capital of the world,want to see black helicopters with no markings just go to madison on any given day and look up.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Hi Lucidity....I have a thread I did when the gravity wave came through, in case you or anyone else wants to check out some more links on that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theson

Very interesting. Well they're doing some um er important work there, I reckon.

reply to post by LeoVirgo

Thanks, very cool. Wish I had found that before. And very odd too, no? NASA seems very into studying the weather in Huntsville here lately, don't they?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dont know if this has been shown yet or not but here is a weather map from last night. There was a total of 5 or 6 frames but out of all frames but one frame (4th?) there appears a straight and light blue line in the image.

Despite the fact this storm does look kinda odd that line is definitely odd. Bah...apparently image shack has decided to go natzi on us now and demand you get an account to get the main link of pictures you upload.

Here it says forum thumbnail lets try that. Nope didnt work. Try this

img695.imageshack.us...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by theson

Nope, haven't heard anything here... anyone else?

Was it like an explosion maybe?

TheRedneck

Hi Redneck....here is a comment from the fisherman that I told you was fishing in this area on the 23rd. He is absolute on his reason for the dead coots so I will share with you.

He has duck hunted in that exact area for well over 30 years. He said he has seen it several times where the coots dont do alot of flying through the winter...they stay along the water eating and getting fat. He said that he has witnessed groups of coots going to try to take off...still dripping wet, having trouble taking flight due to not in the practice of it as well as putting on weight....and fluttering themselves right into the power lines along that area. He said in one sitting he watched at least 40 coots one morning do this in a little over a hours time. That they all fell dead, after they would flutter trying to catch flight, and bump into the power lines.

Not sure if there is anyway to test to find out if they all died of electrocution...but still just wanted to share that with you.

I played the devils advocate with him saying that they seemed to be too scattered across the highway and he still didnt budge on his theory. He kept saying...I have seen it many times....they flutter into the wires and flop dead to the road.

LV

That's certainly a consideration since we now have an eyewitness report to that happening in the past. Great investigative skills and questioning technique, LeoVirgo.

The "vehicular fowlicide" explanation didn't make much sense to me when I saw how far-spread the phenomena was. I was fairly certain it had to be something else.

However, Lucidity has just dropped some excellent bombshells that certainly add to the argument for keeping the case open.

Definitely a worthy mystery for the collective mind of good ol' ATS.

Edit: Just saw the gravity wave bit too. Gotta leave now but I will definitely dig into that stuff when I get back home.

edit on 25-2-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

There is a coot conspiracy,coots beware! sorry guys,couldnt pass it up.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't know if this has already been said, but it may have something to do with last night's storms that came through at about 1:30-2:00 am early this morning. I don't live very far from the OP, and I know for a fact that there were tornado warnings in the area and the line of storms produced damaging, straight-line winds up to 60-70 mph. I experienced this and I am pretty certain that these bird deaths have everything to do with this.

Edit: didn't realize this happened yesterday morning and not THIS morning. That rules out the storms. It was exceptionally windy yesterday though, so that could gave something to do with it.

edit on 25-2-2011 by edgecrusher2199 because: Additional information

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theson

What's a coot
Like cooties?

reply to post by edgecrusher2199

The storms were way later in the evening, I think. However, if NASA and their little Huntsville buddies were firing up or warming up some gravity wave machines or something earlier in the day....
edit on 2/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Ive suggested that several times. Once at the beginning of this thread. No one believes the cloaked UFO theory. But I think its a better theory than many of the others.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Gasses??It doesn't make sense,unless the birds can't smell.

Wouldn't birds be able to smell or detect toxic fumes?

How many times have you seen birds fly into glass?If ufos exist then who's to say birds don't fly into them?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

well, they sort of resemble a duck with a much smaller beak,but you cant eat them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
well, i dont know about any strange noises... i literally live 4 streets away from arsenal gate 1 and i hear explosions and automatic weapons fire all the time.

another thing i was thinking.. is perhaps this madrid fault line runs underneath the TN river, perhaps theres only enough toxicity in the water to poison w/e the coots eat? a stretch, i know.

on a side note this may or may not explain the black helicopters, since they aren't in service anymore...we'll never know i guess lol
Black Helicopters over huntsville

but a guy i work with told me that his uncle does work for that company and that they own an apache, a couple black hawks so on. wonder if they own the A-10 that was flying around

anyway back to the original topic

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by j2000

would that be "A little revolution now and then is a good thing" ?

Revolution I don't think was one of them. But a little blood from Patriots and Tyrannts came to mind now and then.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ying v yang

Yea I was going through ATS really quick before heading out to work and I didn't read through all the comments, usually I expect the OP to post pics in the first or 2nd thread since he was the one bringing up this event and most people will post links to the source or pics. But glad they are real man.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Maybe the shape of the cooling towers creates an atmospheric vortex which in turn causes the birds to fly in loops until they become dizzy, resulting in disorientation and ultimately contact with the ground.
Or not...

But you do raise a good point.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
I don't know if this has already been said, but it may have something to do with last night's storms that came through at about 1:30-2:00 am early this morning.

The AR bird event was also around the time of a storm event right? Wasn't there an anomaly on the radar that they couldn't explain and someone suggested it was plasma or something in the atmosphere?

I have no idea, just throwing it out there.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I had the same thought at one point... the AR deaths were just after storms had rolled through and this one was maybe 16-20 hours before. Maybe, maybe not? I don't know enough about meteorology to make a guess, but it is an interesting coincidence.

Anyone have any such information on the other deaths? Any storms within 24 hours?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join