It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada & U.S. agree to use each other’s troops in civil emergencies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I am hardly a military mind.. nor do I profess to have any great political prowess. But I saw this today on another site and it just stopped me in my tracks. I could hardly believe my eyes and had to read it several times to let it all sink in. Not the words mind you, but the implications. The implications for us as US citizens and for the citizens of Canada. I do believe this is unprecidented, I know it has not happened in my 40+ years on this earth.

Canada & US Agree to Use Each Other's Troops in Civil Emergencies - Entire Article

Here are some exerpts along with some of my concerns:

Neither the Canadian government nor the Canadian Forces announced the new agreement, which was signed Feb. 14 in Texas.

Could it be that they themselves just can't believe they've signed a deal like this with the US? Is this buyers remorse??

The U.S. military’s Northern Command, however, publicized the agreement with a statement outlining how its top officer, Gen. Gene Renuart, and Canadian Lt.-Gen. Marc Dumais, head of Canada Command, signed the plan, which allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a civil emergency.

What a convenient way for the US to get around a nice little known thing called Posse Comitatus. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Posse Comitatus here is a breif description:

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits members of the Army, and Air Force, from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.
Entire Posse Comitatus

Trew said there is potential for the agreement to militarize civilian responses to emergency incidents. He noted that work is also underway for the two nations to put in place a joint plan to protect common infrastructure such as roadways and oil pipelines.

“Are we going to see (U.S.) troops on our soil for minor potential threats to a pipeline or a road?” he asked.

Perhaps so, Mr. Trew... but as an American citizen may I then ask... will we see Canadian troops on our soil to, let's say.... quell protesters in a labor union dispute in... oh I dunno... Wisconsin??

On right-wing blogs in the U.S. it is being used as evidence of a plan for a “North American union” where foreign troops, not bound by U.S. laws, could be used by the American federal government to override local authorities.

Well, not that I've been on every single website out there... but has anyone else heard of this coming down the pipeline? It also mentions that the Canadian government has kept their mouths shut to their citizens. Why all the cloak and dagger? What is it that we are not meant to see in all of this? I just can't wrap my head around that just yet. Is it that it just adds more fuel to the fire that it seems as if we are headed full speed towards the North American Union?

I'm still stunned by this article. It concerns me a great deal. Not in the "Henny Penny the sky is falling" kind of way and it certainly is not making me run screaming for my tin foil hat. What concerns me is that our governement continues to astound me with their audacity to totally disregard our rights as citizens in the US which now unfortunately spills over onto our neighbors to the north, imposing this garbage on them as well. It reminds me of deals made in dirty little back rooms with the smell of rancid whiskey and cigar smoke hanging in the air.

Any thoughts?

edit on 24-2-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They are preparing...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
As a Canadian I am completely appalled in the total secrecy our government has chosen to sustain on recently dealings between Canada and the US. I hate how compliant our MSM deals with any and all issues.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Dendro because: word choice

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Brutal, I can believe our governments would do such a thing like this to deal each others problems and not have a guilty conscience. I am sure the US can deal with their own problems as we can too. Yes, admittedly we have only 67,000 in the CF; this is the number that was chosen by the federal government. They must think that the people- the voters AND the very same ones that pay their wages, shouldn't know about this until its a done deal.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i feel bad for Canada

all our nasty stank gettin on them nice folks.

i for one wouldn't mind seeing some RCMP around. no nonsense, but at least more civil than what we are accustomed too. IMO

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Oh just great, we fight a couple world wars
only to be invaded successfully
by Canadians.

Wonder what Gen. Patton would think about that???
Or Eisenhower ???

Obama just spit on every single grave at Arlington.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Each country would lie to it's people and stick the soilders in the middle to figure it out, than sperate the news so none would know any different. We need to cleanse our government and "others" as well

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
when they concrete from vancouver to alaska then and only then am I gonna worry about the south coming my way, although I must thank you for being the greatest deterrent of all time. Kudos to you americans....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

This happened over 2 years ago where have you been? BTW the article is from 2008.

Now who cares about Americans? We have to deal with your troops which we can all agree are tougher than Canadian troops. We get the raw end of the deal.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

That is hilarious. I didn't even notice the year. Guess that goes to show how well of an active reader I am.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Well the date on the article says 2008, however if you look at the majority of the Canadian responses they are in 2011. I would say that even since the article was written in 2008, Canadians, like Americans, are just finding out about this and thus makes it still relavent today. No matter how old the information, it is still information and it's never too late to 'wake up' so to speak.

Thank you for pointing that out!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
In the event of massive civil unrest, I would feel bad shooting at the Canadian military. Not bad enough to not shoot at them though.

I don't care what sort of unratified treaty Obama signs with another country, I am not going to tolerate them performing operations against Americans in our own country.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

We have to deal with your troops which we can all agree are tougher than Canadian troops. We get the raw end of the deal.

Don't be so hard on your guys.

If we send troops in, look at it as a challenge. Feel free to shoot as many as you like.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Canada and the US are pretty much one and the same these days as per NWO plans. Canadian troops would probably not fire upon thier own citizens nor would thier US counterparts. Sharing each others troops has been in the planning for a long time now and might come to fruition soon as I suspect that something BIG is gonna happen real soon. Some kind of false flag attack I expect. Another 911 either in Canada or the US. That would be all the reason needed for either gov't to declare marshall law. Canada is already a police state as witnessed at the G20 in Toronto, we're just not as up-front about it as the US. Sharing each others troops, be they police or millitary, removes some of the emotional aspect about beating citizens into submission.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 420man
Canada and the US are pretty much one and the same these days as per NWO plans. Canadian troops would probably not fire upon thier own citizens nor would thier US counterparts. Sharing each others troops has been in the planning for a long time now and might come to fruition soon as I suspect that something BIG is gonna happen real soon. Some kind of false flag attack I expect. Another 911 either in Canada or the US. That would be all the reason needed for either gov't to declare marshall law. Canada is already a police state as witnessed at the G20 in Toronto, we're just not as up-front about it as the US. Sharing each others troops, be they police or millitary, removes some of the emotional aspect about beating citizens into submission.

I have to agree with you there. I've visited Canada several times over the course of my life..now mind you this was prior to the US requiring passports to travel back and forth between the our countries., If they are so hell bent in a NAU the passport thing, makes no sense... but hey, thats another thread.

After reading the article on this last night, I have to say it gave me a big sense of uneasiness. And once someone pointed out the date on the article being 2008 and then almost ALL of the responses dated within the last 2-3 days even had me more worried. Seems both countries have managed to keep it a secret for a long long time.

Our 2 countries really are becoming more and more like one unified country, which is a shame. I almost feel like I should send you a bouqet of flowers in condolences for what we've done to your country, but then again the Canadian gov't could have given us the big fat finger, told us to get bent and gone about doing their own thing. And to be honest, I wish they would have!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Lol canada is going to invade the states, with what army lol, we have old helicopters that fall out of the sky by themselves, old brithish submarines that leak and cant sail, we have some f16 i think but once in a while one crashes and the pilot ejects, we have to rent planes to send our troops overseas, i know where neibhors but heck aint no way canada can invade the hole USA, maybe vermont , we do love snow and maple trees eheheh

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yeah, Harper coulda flipped Obama the bird but then there woulda been hell to pay economically. Besides, they're both Bilderbergers and CFR, UN connected, led by the Rothschilds et al. It'll be a sad day when we see each others troops in our countries wearing the blue helmets. Time to listen to Alex Jones.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Implying that U.S. troop would be less restrained against Canadians and Canadian troops would be less restrained against Americans.

That's the reasoning I assume would be behind this anyway, all the lies in the world won't stop an intelligent person from hesitating when it comes to using live ammunition on their fellow countrymen; lest we have another civil war scenario.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hey Duke, Canada wouln't "invade" US just back up thier millitarized police forces by beating,detaining and maybe shooting "dissenters". So much for being neighbourly!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why am I the only one that does not see a problem with this agreement ? It is obvious that any troops serving on foreign soil and under the command of the residing military force would be bound by that nation's laws. The only place a U.S. soldier or citizen for that mater is on he's own soil while in another country is at the Embassy.

Plus..The only time such utilization be done would be under martial law meaning a hell of a lot of civil unrest!

It is no different than the understanding in place now that allows a Canadian police officer to continue a chase on to American soil....Once crossed over the boarder the Canadian officer is to take an accompanying role in the chase, same goes for the contrary when a U.S. trooper crosses in to Canada!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join