It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA answers about 2012 and Nibiru

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Another obvious effort to misrepresent things. Is someone trying to be a Lucus wannabe?

Thanks Libertygal for posting the material in a proper manner.

I find it rather funny that people think that Google is hiding something. It funny because the real thing is right outside and is available to all. A small pair of binoculars or even the unaided eye can enjoy the view.

Only the couch potato who avoids looking up would be impaired by the stitching issue.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Except you didn't post the entire quote. You ended with, "There was no real idea to get across." Do you think that's fair?

I posted almost the complete first paragraph, and the source, so if people wished to continue reading it, they could. I considered posting more of the text, but ATS kind of frowns on posting a lot of quoted text from external sites. I left it to the reader to pursue.

And, when I went to make my post, I was also doing other things. Your post was not there, and when I finally did click reply, your post popped up. When I said at the same time, I meant "relatively", as I had not seen your post till I clicked reply.

I sure did not mean to get you so riled up, wow. So we have different opinions. Sorry, I am non-conformist. Not about governments, laws, nor conspiracy theories. You are free to believe what you wish, but, so am I.

Right?

I still find the syncronicity there rather intriguing. *shrug*

edit on 24-2-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Even though i'm a believer, this guy's answers make an awful lot of sense.

The sky could be a hologram, tho. xD

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Damn, does anyone around here think for themselves except to believe whatever NASA says, without subjecting it to the slightest bit of scrutiny?

Certainly the people who are fixated on the black area at 5h 53m 27s, -6 10’ 58” on Google Sky aren't thinking for themselves, or they would have noticed the much larger black region at 5h 22m 27.0s, 37 58' 40.1" and wondered what it was hiding. For that matter, Google Sky is filled black patches. Which seems the more reasonable explanation:
1) Earth is totally surrounded by rogue planets that have been painstakingly covered up by NASA
2) Google Sky simply has gaps here and there?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

i have had a look at those coordinates and it does seem to be blacked out for what ever reason but if you look up the myan prophecies they do say that another planet is on the way and that it orbits our galaxy every 3600yrs and they have pretty good knowledge of our galaxy but they seemed to have survived in the past so why cant we. i do hope they are wrong and this has been another hoax but some how i tend to believe this is very true.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

They had no idea of any planets other than the ones visible to the eye. The belief that they knew about other planets stems from people like Sitchin misinterpreting known symbols to fit their hypothesis.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

Can you please provide proof that the Mayans knew about a planet with a 3600 year orbit? Actually can you provide these Mayan prophecies that so many talk about?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

please type in google the myan prophecies an you should get all the links that you need. thats what i did.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Someone seems to be mixing Sitchin's hoax of Nibiru with the Mayans.

Anyway, I was fascinated to learn more about Mayans and astronomy the other day. I was surprised to learn that the Mayans created tables of astronomical records for Venus and Mars, but not Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn. A Velikovskian might claim that these planets did not exist at the time that the Mayans made their records. Other cultures did record information on those planets. The issue is more likely to be that the Mayan records for these planets has not been located. The Mayans did not report an unknown planet. There are no records of that. The Mayan records are incomplete. We know that.

What is weird is that hoax sites promote claims that are known to be false such as the possibility here that Sitchin's hoax has been transferred to the Mayans.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
check out these lyrics from a 1984 pink floyd song . two suns in the sunset

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I have yet to see anyone publish a source for these seven prophecies. What I know of Mayan archaeology is that in no monument is there any kind of prophecy connected with the 13 baktun. In fact there is only one mention to this in the entirety of the Mayan Classical period. Archaeologists of the Mayans state that if you ask the people in these regions today, some of which still use the Long Count, they would have no idea what you're talking about. Mayan elder Apolinario Chile Pixtun has even stated that the entire concept is very Western and has nothing to do with Mayan beliefs. So, I'm charging you with defending your position. Find me the original source for these prophecies.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

People that think for themselves would also load up other sky viewers and look for themselves. But, it seems easier to propogate fearmongering than to do some research and find out you got taken for a ride.

To those who wish to do some research and think for yourselves:

It has been answered, repeatedly, what causes this error, and how to fix it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can download the source images.

To those who refuse to research, but blindly believe anything BUT Nasa:

It isn't something Nasa needs to fix! It is a software glitch in Googles' software. You can patch it yourself!

Or, you can keep on looking kinda silly by buying into this every time the thread rears it's ugly head. Don't be too embarrassed, many have come before you, and many will come after you, I feel certain of this.

Just remember to log on December 22, 2012 so you can tell us you got the date wrong. Or, how it is there but it's invisible. Or, they decided to keep hiding behind the sun. In Orion's Belt!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

it will take me time as i have thousands of docs on me comp but i will get back to you and prove my claim, just bear with me lol

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by roughycannon

actually all u have to do is look back to the ancients to find the truth...they say there is a planet that orbits the sun in a different orbital path as all the other planets...then they must be right..after all they didnt have television and computers to keep occupied...they had the stars...they knew about pluto before we did so i'll side with them!

" they MUST be right?"
Yup: You are certainly entitled to believe anything..

Funny "they" predicted something recurring thousands of years into the future but missed the demise of their own civilization in the relatively near( to them) future?
edit on 24-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There is a civilization that lives on the sun's surface... It's just vibrating at a higher frequency.

That's the way this universe is structured.

NASA knows little about what's going on here. Over half of the scientists aren't aware of joint black military and ET operations, while others are sworn to secrecy. There are many things happening on this planet that civilian scientists aren't privy to. The rest of it is too far out of most's comfort zone.

Like everything else of actual importance, the calenders or true prophecies have been wiped from the surface and indoctrination took hold. As for the Mayans, they had an organic connection to the universe, more profound than anything you can imagine. This is the end of 3D reality here, like it or not. Just watch as things get more bizarre and blatant, despite 'official' explanations.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yets777

When you link vids, just use the part after the = sign:

But yours won't post for some reason.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

I always get a kickout of people claiming they have access to protected or super secret information. Sorry, don't believe it.

Can you tell us how you know that:
1. There is vibrating civilization on the Sun?
2. How do you know scientists are not aware of things?
3. How do you know the "true" whatever has been wiped off the face of the Earth?
4. Can you tell us what an "organic connection" to the universe is?

I think this might be all made up stories or cover stories for the lack of evidence you have for any of this.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That fact that there are still people out there going on about Nibiru and a coverup by NASA is what amazes me. I would like to know where I am supposed to see this supposed planet that still is not visible even though it has less then 2 yrs to hit or near miss Earth. If the planetary orbit of the Sun is thousands of years then this planet would be a gigantic mass in the sky by this point. There would be absolutely no way to miss it. There would be absolutely no way for anyone to hide it. Any astronomer or non astronomer would be able to see this planet in the sky. There is no such thing as a planetary object only being visible from one quadrant of the earth. When you go to Australia you cannot see constellations that can only be seen in Australia. I mean give me a break here people. The Earth rotates its position constantly as it orbits the Sun. This is why the Sun and Moon and other stars appear in different places.

This is simple Astronomy 101. I am utterly amazed at how many people think this is a global conspiracy. I certainly can confirm that I have never recieved any threatening phone calls from NASA, NSA, CIA, the WH or anyone else about Nibiru and not revealing its truth to the American people.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
For those that dont know the MAYA dialect is ONE OF THE MOST HARD AND DIFFICULT TO TRANSLATE to modern language,even is more hard than the egyptian ideograms.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I wouldn't exactly trust NASA to answer these questions truthfully.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join