It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA answers about 2012 and Nibiru

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I been noseying around on NASA sites for the last hour when I came across this Q&A about 2012 and thought some of the answers on it are quite interesting, There is one question on there No.7 thats actually had a thread on here talking about the very subject that was closed by a mod: Closed thread

7. Can you explain the fact that the area at (5h 53m 27s, -6 10’ 58”) has been blackened out in Google Sky and Microsoft Telescope? People suggest that these have been blackened out because those are the co-ordinates where Nibiru is located at present.

Several people have asked me about this blank rectangle in Orion in Google Sky, which is a presentation of images from the Sloan Digital Survey. This can’t be a “hiding place” for Nibiru, since it is a part of the sky that could be seen from almost everywhere on the Earth in the winter of 2007-08 when much of the talk about Nibiru began. That would contradict the claims that Nibiru was hiding behind the Sun or that it could be seen only from the southern hemisphere. But I too was curious about this blank rectangle, so I asked a friend who is a senior scientist at Google. He replied that he “found out that the missing data is due to a processing error in the image stitching program we use to display the Sloan survey images. The team assures me that in the next run through, this will be fixed!”

Theres some really good answers on there and its interesting to hear explanations from an actual scientist rather than some loony that believes that there is a civilization that lives on the sun's surface...

Woops forgot the link : Link
edit on 23-2-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
I been noseying around on NASA sites for the last hour when I came across this Q&A about 2012 and thought some of the answers on it are quite interesting, There is one question on there No.7 thats actually had a thread on here talking about the very subject that was closed by a mod: Closed thread

7. Can you explain the fact that the area at (5h 53m 27s, -6 10’ 58”) has been blackened out in Google Sky and Microsoft Telescope? People suggest that these have been blackened out because those are the co-ordinates where Nibiru is located at present.

Several people have asked me about this blank rectangle in Orion in Google Sky, which is a presentation of images from the Sloan Digital Survey. This can’t be a “hiding place” for Nibiru, since it is a part of the sky that could be seen from almost everywhere on the Earth in the winter of 2007-08 when much of the talk about Nibiru began. That would contradict the claims that Nibiru was hiding behind the Sun or that it could be seen only from the southern hemisphere. But I too was curious about this blank rectangle, so I asked a friend who is a senior scientist at Google. He replied that he “found out that the missing data is due to a processing error in the image stitching program we use to display the Sloan survey images. The team assures me that in the next run through, this will be fixed!”

Theres some really good answers on there and its interesting to hear explanations from an actual scientist rather than some loony that believes that there is a civilization that lives on the sun's surface...

What is your source.
Is this the same thing? Nibiru and Doomsday 2012: Questions and Answers
edit on 23-2-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah that's the same thing, I searched for it nothing showed up, the search on here is really annoying sometimes...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

A quick perusal of the first or second page of Recent Posts of the Forum(s) in which you think your topic fits is helpful in finding any ongoing threads of similar subjects.

Not foolproof but a must companion for any search, IMO.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure what I believe in anymore. I must say though that if it were as close as people say it is, we would most likely feel its affects here on Earth, even if it was invisible. I won't doubt that there is another planet in our Solar System we don't know about though.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

But I too was curious about this blank rectangle, so I asked a friend who is a senior scientist at Google. He replied that he “found out that the missing data is due to a processing error in the image stitching program we use to display the Sloan survey images. The team assures me that in the next run through, this will be fixed!”

That Q & A is dated June 1, 2009 and the blacked-out area on Google Sky had been there for quite a while before the question was asked.

So this NASA spokesman reported to his Google senior scientist friend that people were suspicious because an area of the sky had been blacked-out and he was then assured it was a simple "processing error" that would "soon be fixed".

But years later, it still hasn't been fixed?

As if this answer would do anything but increase suspicion?

Damn, does anyone around here think for themselves except to believe whatever NASA says, without subjecting it to the slightest bit of scrutiny?

In the same Q & A, NASA also assures us that Earth has never been visited by extraterrestrials and no sign of life has ever been detected on another planet. Do you believe that too?

edit on 2/23/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Well, this article has been discussed hundreds of time here. This is not a good debunk article, as the theory itself involves a NASA cover-up. If it ends up true, of course NASA will deny it. I'm still waiting for the fix...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Its pretty hard to find facts about something that may or may not exist. Never the less, its something we should not brush under the table either. Asteroids pepper the planet every day, comets come and go, it is not impossible another body could cut through the solar system. Im on the fence with this one but its something I do keep an eye on just incase some good evidence finally surfaces.

As for the blacked out bit in google sky, it does give the impression that something is being hidden. From what i can remember there is half a star or something in the bottom left of the blackout. There is other stuff there aswell which is out of place or shouldnt be there aswell in other parts of the sky, so it could simply be a glitch.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Nibiru is not the problem

Solar Cycle 24 is the problem..

ALSO

As a Solar System we are drifting in a new area of our Galaxy with different Energies which may well cause shifting of the magnetic north leaving our blue planet deprived of any barrier against the mighty power of our mother Sun which is due to reach its Solar Maximum in 2012

and this was predicted by ancient culture thousands of years ago, so now you can either continue ridiculing 2012 by calling believers Nibiru Nuts or inform yourself

Edit to Add > And if you just found those NASA answers which have been there for years now you have a way to go to enlighten yourself regarding the changes that are due to our life
edit on 23-2-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

actually all u have to do is look back to the ancients to find the truth...they say there is a planet that orbits the sun in a different orbital path as all the other planets...then they must be right..after all they didnt have television and computers to keep occupied...they had the stars...they knew about pluto before we did so i'll side with them!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Anyone who blindly accepts NASA's explanation for something that still hasn't been fixed years later is in for a big surprise.

I mean really big.

Instead of expecting NASA or any government agency to tell the truth, you'd be better off paying close attention to the lyrics in Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

hey heres another read the lyrics as it goes!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

So, are you saying they wrote that song to warn of nibiru coming? Or does the song have lyrics that just happen to point to something you believe?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Anyone listen to Coast 2 Coast 21st Feb 2011 ? some decent talk about the Brown Dwarf and how its now having influence over the planets in this solar system.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Chris Cornell never claimed Black Hole Sun was a warning about Nibiru or that it was about anything, but he did say this:

Regarding "Black Hole Sun", Cornell stated, "It's just sort of a surreal dreamscape, a weird, play-with-the-title kind of song." Commenting upon how the song was misinterpreted as being positive, Cornell said, "No one seems to get this, but "Black Hole Sun" is sad. But because the melody is really pretty, everyone thinks it's almost chipper, which is ridiculous."

When asked about the line, "Times are gone for honest men," Cornell said:

"It's really difficult for a person to create their own life and their own freedom. It's going to become more and more difficult, and it's going to create more and more disillusioned people who become dishonest and angry and are willing to f*ck the next guy to get what they want. There's so much stepping on the backs of other people in our profession. We've been so lucky that we've never had to do that. Part of it was because of our own tenacity, and part of it was because we were lucky".

Even though Cornell never attributed the lyrics to anything specific, I think they're very telling and believe he's referring to Nibiru metaphorically.

And you gotta admit, that's an interesting album cover:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fec67ba4e698.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 2/24/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Regarding "Black Hole Sun", Cornell stated, "It's just sort of a surreal dreamscape, a weird, play-with-the-title kind of song."[5] He also said that "lyrically it's probably the closest to me just playing with words for words' sake, of anything I've written. I guess it worked for a lot of people who heard it, but I have no idea how you'd begin to take that one literally."[6] In another interview he elaborated further, stating, "It's funny because hits are usually sort of congruent, sort of an identifiable lyric idea, and that song pretty much had none. The chorus lyric is kind of beautiful and easy to remember. Other than that, I sure didn't have an understanding of it after I wrote it. I was just sucked in by the music and I was painting a picture with the lyrics. There was no real idea to get across."[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

I, too, love that song, and wondered what it meant. Imagine my surprise when I found out. Nothing.

ETA Wow we posted at the same time!

edit on 24-2-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yes, I realize that's what he said, but those lyrics are way too specific and telling for the song to have meant nothing.

Just for the heck of it, I Googled 'Black Hole Sun' and 'Nibiru'. Turns out I'm not the only one who's made the connection: rabbithole2.com...

And how about this?

Interesting that the Nude Dragons (aka Soundgarden) ended their Seattle show with a cover of The Doors 'Waiting For The Sun'. Waiting for what sun?

Take a look at Soundgarden's 'Black Rain':

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I realize that is how you and others can interpret it, but I am not a Nibiru believer. I think it's malarky.

You are welcome to your opinion, however!

I just posted what he said before I even saw your post, so it was hugely coincidental that we literally posted at the same time.

Either way, I think his entire quote on the subject is important, because you clearly picked and chose the things to support your interpretation, and that's just fine.

I chose the whole quote, and chose to include the source of information, so others could make up their own minds. I, too, could have cherry picked the quotes, and not supplied a source, as most people don't look for information themselves, they prefer it to be spoonfed, as long as it supports their interpretations.

Don't you think that's fair?

I just loved the absolute coincidence of the whole thing. One post with the entire quote, one post with an obvious slant towards a specific direction. Fascinating!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Except you didn't post the entire quote. You ended with, "There was no real idea to get across." Do you think that's fair?

And it wasn't even at the same time. You posted a half hour later.

Not sure how you can claim I was being misleading by saying, "Chris Cornell never claimed Black Hole Sun was a warning about Nibiru or that it was about anything, but he did say this:"

Did you check out the links I posted? Can you honestly say there's nothing to any of it?

Feel free to call it malarky all you want, but the more I look into this topic, the more I'm convinced that it's very real.

It's kinda like all the people who at first couldn't or wouldn't believe that 9/11 was an inside job, but who never investigated for themselves beyond believing what the government and corporate media said. Not so many of them now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join