It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand EQ 6.3 or higher?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I was watching this video and I was wondering if anyone else came to the same conclusion as the author did. Was the New Zealand Earthquake really a magnitude of 6.3? If so that what would USGS consider a 7 to 7.5 Earthquake?
Either way its very sad. I hope that we as people of Earth can come together to figure out just what is happening to our Earth and why? Why all of this now?

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Should also take into consideration age of buildings, and damage already done to them by recent previous quake...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
One thing to say, everything in life happens for a reason. Bad or good doesn't matter it's happening because it has to. I believe sooner than we might think the chessboard will have it's pieces placed and we'll all figure out the thruth. In how much time exactly I can't say, but earth cannot keep going like this and It's inhabitant too. Prepare for drastic changes.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Kind of funny US Rep's just left out of the country 2 hrs. before the earthquake. They left a member of FEMA there. Does this ring a bell? Like what they did in Hatti before that big earthquake...Not to mention that New Zealand's President had been only a few days before told the US to STOP that spraying over their country....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Do you have a link to that information? I really don't think that we have the technology to predict or produce Earthquakes but you can monitor the signs. I wonder were there any unreported animal die offs in New Zealand before the EQ?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
did this guy predict the earthquakes a week beforehand?

Earthquakes again in Christchurch ?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It was much much shallower than the previous 7.1 and many of the buildings were already damaged from that one. Many things affect how an earthquake will affect a city.

blogs.agu.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

The destruction was due to a number of factors mainly these three:
(1) The damage of the September 4th quake, and Boxing day aftershock, plus the thousands of little aftershocks. It builds up.
(2)The depth of the 6.3 quake was quite shallow, and that is like being closer to a bomb going off.
(3) The quake was also closer to Christchurch.

So while it was a "smaller" quake, it was much MUCH more damaging, oh and the time of day is what has not helped with the death toll. September 4th, no deaths (it was what 4AMish? I was sound asleep in Dunedin, and it shook like hell down there). This last one was lunch time and well look at the difference.

I've just found out the last of my friends are ok. But my cousin is still waiting on her brother in law to be found (he was in the CBD).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The earthquake had such a dramatic effect due to the direction of the shaking (horizontal or P waves), the shallowness and proximity of the epicentre & the liquefaction of the ground.

The nature of the ground under Christchurch is slightly sandy. When the ground is shaken with enough force, the ground water mixes with the soil and creates a liquid mud. This liquefaction means that solid ground is no longer solid and so we get such sights sights as half buried cars, as we have in Christchurch after the quake. As the solid parts of the mud sink to the bottom, the water rises to the top and gushes out of the ground everywhere as you can see from many of the photos.

Also, Christchurch had a 7.4 quake last September and so a lot of buildings were already compromised.
edit on 23/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

There were 107 pilot whales dead on a New Zealand beach that morning.
I'll try and find a link.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Oh gods lay off this and anyone else the HAARP crap please!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gaia.chi.au

After the large earthquake last September in Christchurch, the aftershocks have been coming nearly one a day.

It's a fairly sure thing to predict an earthquake when the ground is still shaking for months.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

Oh gods lay off this and anyone else the HAARP crap please!!!

If these animal die offs are happening as sort of warnings then personally I'd like to know. B/c right now the explanations for these die offs is spoiled horse radish... Something is definitely going on with our planet.
I'm glad that your friends are safe and I (sincerely) hope your cousins brother in law returns home safely.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

reply to post by CodyOutlaw Oh gods lay off this and anyone else the HAARP crap please!!!

Seconded!

Where the whales beached was nearly 7 hours drive away and a day before. I don't believe there is ANY correlation.

edit on 23/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Gosh, who said anything about HAARP?

I don't find it far-fetched to think that animals sensing things in nature is correct. I find it far-fetched to say that they don't.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

There were 107 pilot whales dead on a New Zealand beach that morning.
I'll try and find a link.

that was the previous day, Feb 21

Here's a list of known whale strandings in NZ from 1978-2004 - by all means tell us what the linkage is! I have no problem whatsoever with the concept that animals can detect stuff that humans can't, but if you're going to make a link then at least try to establish some actual causal relationship - otherwise you migth as well say that the earthquake was on the 100th anniversary of the vote on the first reading of the "Parliament Bill", which would give the House of Commons veto power over the House of Lords, passed 351 to 227 (taken from Wiki), so obviously the illuminati were getting revenge for their loss of influence....or any one of the infinite number of otehr things that happened beforehand!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Others have elsewhere on the site. Also those Whales were a long way away from this fault, and New Zealand is not unknown for Whale beachings.

I did not mean to jump down your throat, at least you are not saying this is a human created event. I just do not believe it's related, but I could be wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

We've had 4 blue whales strand? Wow!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

a very good point indeed... there are other bits of evidence some major news just prior to this quake which have left many more eyebrows raised, your not alone in your thinking...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ValValient4

Like what? And what is the evidence of any actual link??

Bear in mind that New Zealand gets 100-150 noticeable earthquakes a year, of which a handful are 6MM or higher...every single year.....
edit on 23-2-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join