It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
As for the yogi, probably died, or failed the test.
An observational study on Mr Prahlad Jani was carried out for 15 days from 22 Apr 2010 to 06 May 2010, who claims to survive without food and water and not passing urine and stool. Following is the official statement of panel of experts, researchers, and doctors after completion of study.
2. Observational study to understand the mechanism by which he is able to survive without food and water. Such a scientific understanding of the mechanism of survival may help in working out survival strategies under stressful and extreme conditions. This may have application during natural calamities and disasters.
3. The study was carried out under the continuous observation by a team consisting of scientists from DIPAS and doctors from Sterling Hospital Ahmedabad along with other coordinating agencies like SRISTI/ Govt of Gujarat and other consulting doctors.
4. The study Protocol duly cleared by the Ethical Committees of DIPAS and Sterling Hospital was strictly followed and all efforts were made to see that privacy, safety, security and dignity of Shri Prahlad Jani was not compromised at any stage during the study.
5. The present study is limited only to the period under observation i.e. 22Apr 2010 to 06 May 2010.
6. During the study a protocol of round the clock strict surveillance was followed with the help of CCTV camera and personal observations. He was taken out for MRI, USG and X-Ray and exposure to sun under continuous video recordings.
7. Periodic clinical, biochemical, radiological and other relevant examinations were done on Shri Prahlad Jani. All reports were found within the safe range throughout the study.
8. During the above observation period Shri Prahlad Jani has not consumed anything and has not passed stool. The only contact with any form of fluid was during gargling and bathing periodically during the study beginning from 5th day of study.
9. Mr Jani has also not passed urine from his body during the observation period; however the claim will be scientifically substantiated after analysis of investigations carried out.
10. All the reports and results will be scientifically analyzed, subsequently and will take some time. The entire study team will meet periodically to discuss the findings and draw valid conclusions.
11. The study could not have been possible without the utmost voluntary cooperation for each part of the protocol by Shri Prahlad Jani, his brother who was a genetic control in the study and his followers who ensured smooth conduct of the study.
12. DIPAS places on record the appreciation for Prof.Anil Gupta, SRISTI, Dr.Sudhir Shah Neurologist, Dr Urman Dhruv,Sr Physician and other members of the team for their extraordinary initiative, relentless enthusiasm, tireless efforts and selfless dedication for completion of this study. In particular ,DIPAS acknowledges the contributions of following doctors & staff; DIPAS places on record the appreciation for Prof.Anil Gupta, SRISTI, Dr.Sudhir Shah, Neurologist, Dr Urman Dhruv Sr.Physian and other members of the team for their extraordinary initiative, relentless enthusiasm, tireless efforts and selfless dedication for completion of this study. In particular, DIPAS acknowledges the contributions of Dr. Sudhir Shah (Neurologist), Dr. Urman Dhruv (Physician & Endocrinologist), Dr. Himanshu Patel (Nephrologist), Dr. Navneet Shah (Physician & Endocrinologist), Dr. Sudhanshu Patwari Gastroenterologist, Dr. Nilay Mehta Gastroenterologist, Dr. Kandarp Parikh (Urologist), Dr. Hemant Patel (Radiologist), Dr. Mrugesh (Radiologist), Dr.Dinesh Patel (Radiologist), Dr. Sanjeev Patel (Radiologist), Dr. Shrenk Shah (Cardiologist), Dr. Mukesh Patel (Pulmonologist), Dr. Bansi Saboo (Physician, Endocrinologist), Dr. V.N. Shah (Physician), Dr. Amit Bhatt (Physcian, Neurologist), Dr. Raisa A. Vhora (Physician), Dr. Sanjeev Haribhakti ( Gastrosurgeon), Dr. Hitesh Chawra (Gastrosurgeon), Dr. Sanjeev Shah (Pathologist), Dr. Bipin Patel (Pathologist), Dr. Atul Patel (Infectious Disease Specialist), Dr. Sapan Pandia (Rheumatologist), Dr. Jayesh Sheth (Genetician), Dr. Ruchir Shah (ENT), Dr. Urmit Shah (Ophthalmologist), Dr. Heli Shah (Intern), Dr. Shalin Shah (Neurologist) Dr. Parag Rindani (Corporate -Medical Director), Ms. Namisha Gandhi (Revenue Assurance Head and EA of Chairperson), Mr. Dhirendra Chudasma (Corporate Head of Clinical Research), Mr. Jignesh Lakhtaria (Study Co-ordinator), Ms. Monika Rajput (Study Co-ordinator), Ms. Shreya Singh (Study Co-ordinator), Mr. Hirak Nandi (Study Nurse), Mr. Avinash (Study Nurse).
13. We thank Sh. Rajiv Sharma, CEO and all the staff of Sterling Hospital Ahmedabad, for providing all the necessary technical and logistic support for this study. We also thank the Government of Gujarat for their support and proving financial guarantee
Originally posted by darrman
where did he go??