It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News - Ray Davis confirmed CIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Humint1

ATS even moved a thread about it to the Hoax section because someone mentioned Sorcha Faal again, seems like thats the thing to do when you want storys like this to go away.

The part of Ray Davis being CIA is not being disputed. Sorcha Faal comes in to the equation as the source of the story that claims he was supplying nuclear materials to Al Qaeda. There have been at least 3 threads on this, sorry I cannot find the post where the member linked us to Sorcha Faal's site but someone from ATS had a link that brought us to his/her site. I love a good story as much as the next guy but I have a hard time believing this one. I believe if this Ray Davis character was really "selling nuclear material to Al Qaeda" the USA government would not be admitting that Davis is CIA. They would make this story disappear if they wanted to.

I'm not sure that the OP in the the moved thread had any mention of nuclear stuff. Someone just popped in and said we've all been had.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Gotcha now. Yes, sadly the wind is from the south for you up there. I regretfully agree there

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I believe you are correct on that. But somewhere the nuclear thing came up also and I think instead of some due diligence, it got Hoaxed instead.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It must be a difficult thing, handling guys like Davis. They are usually sociopaths that will flip for the right amount of money. I would not be surprised if that would be the next excuse coming out of the US Govt, that Davis went rogue or was working for Al Qaeda.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here is a link and snippet from a story I posted in the hoax thread. I wonder if this report still stands as official or if they took back this explanation as well. Anyone able to help clear this one up for me?

guardian.co.uk

Pakistani suspicions about Davis's role were stoked by the equipment police confiscated from his car: an unlicensed pistol, a long-range radio, a GPS device, an infrared torch and a camera with pictures of buildings around Lahore. "This is not the work of a diplomat. He was doing espionage and surveillance activities," said the Punjab law minister, Rana Sanaullah, adding he had "confirmation" that Davis was a CIA employee. A number of US media outlets learned about Davis's CIA role but have kept it under wraps at the request of the Obama administration. A Colorado television station, 9NEWS, made a connection after speaking to Davis's wife. She referred its inquiries to a number in Washington which turned out to be the CIA. The station removed the CIA reference from its website at the request of the US government.

ETA: I also just noticed that the hoax thread title included the nuclear bomb material quote.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: ETA

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Here is a link and snippet from a story I posted in the hoax thread. I wonder if this report still stands as official or if they took back this explanation as well. Anyone able to help clear this one up for me?

guardian.co.uk

Pakistani suspicions about Davis's role were stoked by the equipment police confiscated from his car: an unlicensed pistol, a long-range radio, a GPS device, an infrared torch and a camera with pictures of buildings around Lahore. "This is not the work of a diplomat. He was doing espionage and surveillance activities," said the Punjab law minister, Rana Sanaullah, adding he had "confirmation" that Davis was a CIA employee. A number of US media outlets learned about Davis's CIA role but have kept it under wraps at the request of the Obama administration. A Colorado television station, 9NEWS, made a connection after speaking to Davis's wife. She referred its inquiries to a number in Washington which turned out to be the CIA. The station removed the CIA reference from its website at the request of the US government.

ETA: I also just noticed that the hoax thread title included the nuclear bomb material quote.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: ETA

This is the title of the thread that was put into hoax,

"US Caught in The Big Lie: ThisCantBeHappening! was Correct in Exposing Raymond Davis as a Spy"
edit on 23-2-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

LOL sorry for the confusion, I never knew there were two hoaxes. There is another HOAX thread...

abovetopsecret.com

"CIA spy" Davis was giving nuclear bomb material to Al-Qaeda"

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That seems to be the reason why the thread I mentioned somehow got caught up in this nuclear thing. It had nothing to do with sorcha faal..even though the admin edit wrongly says so.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Obama spent some time in Pakistan in the 80's...he's got to have some friends over there to call in some favors.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ABC News is only about 12 days late.
ATS pegged this 12 days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who says you can't get good intel on ATS ???
lol

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humint1
reply to post by butcherguy

There sure is more to it than first thought. ATS even moved a thread about it to the Hoax section because someone mentioned Sorcha Faal again, seems like thats the thing to do when you want storys like this to go away. I hope ATS does the right thing and move that thread out of the hoax section and back to where it was prior. This isn't a hoax and never was one.

I'm also a bit tired of hearing the old Sorcha Faal argument. It's the one-stop all-inclusive way to make anything seem like a hoax. Just spread some Sorcha Faal on and watch in seconds the thread lose credibility.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
It must be a difficult thing, handling guys like Davis. They are usually sociopaths that will flip for the right amount of money. I would not be surprised if that would be the next excuse coming out of the US Govt, that Davis went rogue or was working for Al Qaeda.

we also heard the same thing in Mumbai
a couple years ago after the hotel was
terrorized and shot up.

India's intelligence services released that
CIA op back to the US.

Pakistan I doubt will do the same.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
let's see, if they lied about him being CIA, of course they would lie about any type of deals he had with the taliban, especially if it involved nuclear material.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I hear on being caught out, Ray Davis said "Yeah, you really got me now, you got me so I don't know what I'm doin', now. Oh yeah, you really got me now, you got me so I can't sleep at night"

(sorry, I'm British
)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I hear on being caught out, Ray Davis said "Yeah, you really got me now, you got me so I don't know what I'm doin', now. Oh yeah, you really got me now, you got me so I can't sleep at night"

(sorry, I'm British
)

those 2 men that Davis killed have been
confirmed by ISI to be ISI Intel Agents.

Now what do you think would happen,
if an ISI Agent killed 2 CIA Agents on American
Soil???

Do you think the ISI Agent would be handed
back over to ISI. I highly doubt it.

The only way Davis will see American Soil again
is if a Navy Seal team rescues him. And that would be
no different than attack on the sovereignty of
Pakistan. It would be War. Otherwise,
Pakistan will make an example of Davis.

This is the price paid by sticking your CIA
nose in foreign affairs.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well is anyone really suprised?
And doesn't Blackwater pretty MUCH= CIA anyway? It's just a layer of plausable deniability and a way to get around regulation and requirements for talent that might not meet company standards?

Oh, but just wait til it comes out that the president himself was (Is?) CIA.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

(sorry, I'm British
)

Nice one,

I was trying to find out more about this story last night and I used the shortened form in his name and all I could get was the Kinks! BTW is it confrimed yet that the two people murdered by Davis were agents themselves? yesterday they were common criminals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join