It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News - Ray Davis confirmed CIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com

The US government has now confirmed that Raymond Davis does work for the CIA. More detail in the ABC News video in the link. No mention as to those documents he was said to be carrying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This has blown up into a situation that the White House does not want to deal with. At first it was incorrectly reported that he was not CIA and even the US government repeated that claim. Now the US admits he once was a Special Forces soldier and worked for Blackwater. Pakistan's ISI says he has photos of sensitive places. The claim of Diplomatic immunity is now mute with this admission of his true career.

It also appears that some want this story not to be told. However with international attention now spotlighting it this story is now in the mainstream news. Mr. Davis' passport indicates that he does not have diplomatic status which is what Pakistani sources have been saying the entire time. Another black op or perhaps false flag has just been uncovered!

abcnews.go.com
edit on 2/23/2011 by Humint1 because: Spelling error & punctuation

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

I guess the Paki authorities really have him dead to rights, or the US Govt wouldn't have caved like this, admitting that he is CIA. I am surprised that they admitted the Blackwater ties too.

Hmmmm. There is always a lot more to it than meets the eye.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

I was about to star your post until I got to the last sentence:

"Another black op or perhaps false flag has just been uncovered!"

You do realize we have CIA agents in virtually every country on the globe right? This one was just careless and was caught. It's happened before.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There sure is more to it than first thought. ATS even moved a thread about it to the Hoax section because someone mentioned Sorcha Faal again, seems like thats the thing to do when you want storys like this to go away. I hope ATS does the right thing and move that thread out of the hoax section and back to where it was prior. This isn't a hoax and never was one.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Keyword being "perhaps" and yes, i'm very well aware of the agency's presence in all areas of the world. I do agree with you that he was sloppy. He'll pay for that I'm sure, one way or another.
edit on 2/23/2011 by Humint1 because: spell checking

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humint1
reply to post by butcherguy

There sure is more to it than first thought. ATS even moved a thread about it to the Hoax section because someone mentioned Sorcha Faal again, seems like thats the thing to do when you want storys like this to go away. I hope ATS does the right thing and move that thread out of the hoax section and back to where it was prior. This isn't a hoax and never was one.

It was moved to the hoax section because it was alleged the CIA operative was giving Al Qaida "nuclear material". Sorcha Faal is the internet equivalent of the National Enquirer. No one will half a brain cell of common sense takes Sorcha Faal stories seriously. They automatically go to the "Hoax" section by default.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com

The US government has now confirmed that Raymond Davis does work for the CIA. More detail in the ABC News video in the link. No mention as to those documents he was said to be carrying.

Spies traditionally have diplomatic status. That enables a slightly embarrassed government to pull their people when cover is blown. What amazes me is that the whole story sounds like it was out of a Bond film...I'm sure the Pakistanis like their spy movies until it gets all real. I think the false flag bit is bunk...but I look forward to the real story getting out.
And a swap sounds entirely reasonable. If the Americans let him hang, can you imagine how their covert intelligence operatives will respond? The resignation line starts right over here...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Keyword being "perhaps" and yes, i'm very well aware of the agency's presence in all areas of the world. I do agree with you that he was sloppy. He'll pay for that I'm sure, one way or another.

I'm just saying it has nothing to do with a black ops or false flag, he wasn't still in the military and there's no evidence it was a false flag. Just a CIA agent who got sloppy.

He'll "pay" with his life.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I know, I have been reading here for years. The other news agencys have reported that as well with many citing sources as ISI sources and others. One Sorcha does not equal many, a little more due diligence should have forthcoming rather than jump to the obvious conclusion by one post. Afterall, there were several reporting this same story using varying sources.

Anyway, thanks for your comments and hope you have a great day

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Spies only typically have diplomatic status because "diplomat" is their cover-story. It's been admitted to now that he was no diplomat, but a spy for the CIA.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Your right, there is NO evidence it was a false flag at all. But if it turns out to be true about the fissle material then thats another ballgame there. As of right now, this story keeps getting deeper & deeper.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Traditionally they do not posses diplomatic status because that requires the host country to be notified as to who holds such status. Traditionally spys who come in and work under the diplomatic guidelines and while their names might be on a list of diplo's it is there as for cover purposes, should they get caught as Davis did operating within their true nature, their status is quickly dissolved for obvious purposes. Obama told Pakistani officials that he was a diplo and had diplo status but true to the nature as I just stated, once they proved to the US he was not and that they already knew his true association with the CIA, the US had no choice but to admit it and back off of the diplo claim.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Humint1

I was about to star your post until I got to the last sentence:

"Another black op or perhaps false flag has just been uncovered!"

You do realize we have CIA agents in virtually every country on the globe right? This one was just careless and was caught. It's happened before.

I'm afraid he has been more than careless. I note in the video he was still claiming diplomat status, but now that cover has been blown he is in serious trouble. People are sick of all this spook stuff, yes and there was plenty of it in this island too, far too much on all sides, too many people who died shot in the back. It's plain evil.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

ATS even moved a thread about it to the Hoax section because someone mentioned Sorcha Faal again, seems like thats the thing to do when you want storys like this to go away.

The part of Ray Davis being CIA is not being disputed. Sorcha Faal comes in to the equation as the source of the story that claims he was supplying nuclear materials to Al Qaeda. There have been at least 3 threads on this, sorry I cannot find the post where the member linked us to Sorcha Faal's site but someone from ATS had a link that brought us to his/her site. I love a good story as much as the next guy but I have a hard time believing this one. I believe if this Ray Davis character was really "selling nuclear material to Al Qaeda" the USA government would not be admitting that Davis is CIA. They would make this story disappear if they wanted to.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Your right, there is NO evidence it was a false flag at all. But if it turns out to be true about the fissle material then thats another ballgame there. As of right now, this story keeps getting deeper & deeper.

My assumption is that we have a large contingent of CIA operatives in Pakistan since that's the presumed home for top Al Qaida leaders at this time. But that's only my conjecture.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Davis' military contractor ID

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

But is is a resonable assumption given the conditions. I see no reason to dispute it nor disagree with ya.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Spies only typically have diplomatic status because "diplomat" is their cover-story. It's been admitted to now that he was no diplomat, but a spy for the CIA.

Traditionally they do not posses diplomatic status because that requires the host country to be notified as to who holds such status. Traditionally spys who come in and work under the diplomatic guidelines and while their names might be on a list of diplo's it is there as for cover purposes, should they get caught as Davis did operating within their true nature, their status is quickly dissolved for obvious purposes. Obama told Pakistani officials that he was a diplo and had diplo status but true to the nature as I just stated, once they proved to the US he was not and that they already knew his true association with the CIA, the US had no choice but to admit it and back off of the diplo claim.

I get that...sorry if I wasn't clearer, but that's the point I was trying to make. We get movies on our television machine up here, too, eh? Well...when the wind's from the south.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

His CIA role WAS in dispute at first and that is exactly what led us to here. The CIA fact as we know it now was disputed by the US admin and the SoS. In fact they outright called it a lie. Now they have been forced to recant that and admit he is CIA.

The Sorcha issue was brought up by someone either by mistake or an attempt to bury this story. this story has made international headlines ans is a valid situation. To interject the likes of the trash known as Sorcha to me, is an attempt to derail it so the truth does not get out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join