It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Wisconsin Democrats Located in Rockford Illinois Best Western. Lose Direct Deposit Funds for

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

This had me laughing my butt off. Now I know why they stayed at the Best Western. Didn't know how they could survive without room service. The only kind you would get there is neither moral nor legal.
www.620wtmj.com...

www.greenbaypressgazette.com...
edit on 23-2-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This happened like around 10 years ago when I lived in Texas, something similar to this event.

The Dems fled the area to avoid voting on a specific bill that was going to get passed in the State Legislature.

I think it was basically a redistricting law where all of the districts would get rezoned, the Dems were saying that it was totally unfair though. They claimed that the new districts would cut any Dem voter bases in half, while giving the Rep voters supremacy.

So apparently these types of actions by state lawmakers is nothing new.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Wisconsin state senators who miss two or more session days will no longer get paid through direct deposit. They’ll have to pick up their checks in person on the Senate floor during a session.

Hehe, so soon they will run out of money in order to maintain their strategy. If they run out of money protesters will have to pay the bills out of their own pockets if they want to keep the strategy. Now they will get to see just how much these guys spend on the taxpayers behalf come out of their pockets
First the protesters will want to send them pizza or something, but then they will say... no, no, no, just put that money in this here bag so we can spend it without where we are or what exactly we are purchasing being found out

Money, the lowest common denominator

Edit: So they have in fact have been found, so now its just what they are purchasing they have to keep secret

It doesn't look like this plan of theirs is going to work out

edit on 23-2-2011 by Elzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I remember this incident. In this particular case, I supported their actions as they were a minority that was about to become a even smaller minority. They had no recourse or hope. Ultimately it did not work.

As i recall the Texas Rangers were sent to retrieve them.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I like the no direct deposit rule, but it should go further if you don't show up for 5 or more sessions in a row then it's assumed you are resigning.

Of course not everything needs quorum that big, all the stuff the republicans want that doesn't need a qurom that large they should vote on. If the democrats don't want to bother showing up then they will get exactly what they deserve.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

This story reminds me of that Scene in the " Godfather " where the Corleone Soldiers were hiding out in some Flea Bag Dump after michael shot that Police Chief and the Drug dealin Hood who put the Hit on the Old Man . Wonder if those Chicken Sheet Dems know not to put to many Onions in the Sauce.....LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Elzon

This story reminds me of that Scene in the " Godfather " where the Corleone Soldiers were hiding out in some Flea Bag Dump after michael shot that Police Chief and the Drug dealin Hood who put the Hit on the Old Man . Wonder if those Chicken Sheet Dems know not to put to many Onions in the Sauce.....LOL

Flea Bag Dump?

Perfect analogy, considering these missing Dems are now being referred to as
FleeBaggers.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
For what its worth, Best Western is a pretty decent brand, and really improving. From an ownership perspective, it can really be a cash cow, too. You pay royalties for the franchise based on room count, not revenue (like IHG). It makes your royalties a fixed cost, and as long as OCC remains strong, you can really pump the cash out of the property when rate goes up.

Major market BW's tend to be really, really well maintained because of this. Since this is a "resort", i would expect it to be a "flagship" quality hotel for the brand. Definitely not a "fleabag" hotel.

top topics

join