It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quality image. Screw you David Cameron.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As usual, out come the crazy right-wingers that hate anything given away by the government for free, and anyone that needs something to be given away for free. Daily Mail eat your heart out.

The picture has it spot on - education should ALWAYS be free at the point of consumption, to ALL people, regardless of background or situation. To do otherwise is just pandering to right-wing morons, and Milton Friedmans disgusting parasitic view of the world.

It's about time we had a proper nationwide riot here, and smashed everything belonging to the muppets in some of the posts above that just blankly hate poor people.

Nuff said.

The Rev.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
weather the students are right or wrong is irrelevant at the end of the day.

what is relavant is it the govenment no longer listens to its people

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The United Kingdom needs a new way of doing politics and electing our leaders and representitives. You shouldn't be able to go on national television and lie through your teeth about what you are going to do if duly elected, only to do a complete u-turn and turn on the poorest in society once you have your feet under the desk in number 10. What Cameron and Clegg have done is dispicable. Cameron is an out and out liar while Clegg had pretty much killed off his party because nobody will ever believe a Liberal democrat again.
What should happen is the major arties should publish their manifesto's detailing what they intend to do if elected. These would be available freely on the web and in public libraries (if any are still open once this corrupt government are finished with the country). Then, if they didn't stick to their policies we could have a vote of no confidence and start again.
Someone has to be culparable.
They should show us respect and not treat as fools.
They should not be allowed to get away with lying to us.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have to admit Clegg out smarted me he heald the carrot of preportional representation in front of me and I followed it like an ass (donkey not swearword.)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
I have to admit Clegg out smarted me he heald the carrot of preportional representation in front of me and I followed it like an ass (donkey not swearword.)

You're not the only one, I voted for him as well and I'm a life long Labour supporter but felt I couldn't, with a good heart, vote for them after Brown sold the country out to the rich bankers. I don't think its worth voting until the process is changed and is made fair. I'm fed up being lyed to and even when my candidate gets into power I still end up worse off and being treated like rubbish.
I hope the unions in this country organise a national strike and bring down this hateful government.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I hope that things turn around before, britain gets to the point of civil war.

our last one was twice as long as the american civil war and proportianatly we lost more people.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think something I penned the other day is apt.

Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Bahrain, it is like a peoples tsunmai and the bullets they said were there to defend you against aggressors are the ones they are using to kill your protest !!! I hope the wave hits all over the world, about time the people in power appreciated their status rather than abusing it.

Wolfie

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Meanwhile Davis Cameron is on a tour of the middle eats with 36 of Britain largest arms dealers, pimping some new military hardware at the same time talking about democracy spreading to the regions.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Originally posted by GodForbid
Okay, so first of all, I am more conservative than labour, however I believe that all of the political parties in the UK and all basically the same anyway, and that we need real change although that's for another topic.

I saw this image today:

Just goes to show the incredible double standards of politicians. Ridiculous.

Errr, there was a pretty HUGE difference between those on the right of that image and those on the left. Namely the fact that those on the right were literally fighting for there very freedom as there was no other way to achieve it! And the left were a bunch of idiots rioting and causing trouble when most were being peaceful thus completely and utterly defeating the point of the entire protest.

Seriously, comparing both protests is what's really ridiculous. Not politicians.Friend there is no differance between those in either image ! Repressed all ways equals repressed ! Citizens world wide are feeling it , sick of being robbed and lied too by criminals .People are not represented in the fassion that people are led to believe and the people are not heard.When they are they are just ignored .

edit on 23-2-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by GodForbid

I am seeing this not just with the U.K. but with a lot of different countries. Here in Canada, I see our Prime Minister Harper as talking "big", but then remember the summit here that they actually changed the laws just for the event.

I also see a lot of world leaders looking rather afraid these days as they wonder "what if" when it comes to their own countries.

Interesting times indeed, and I'm glad that I am not the only one noticing these hypocrites.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5d251f07364.png[/atsimg]

Yes ! and no you are not alone in your observations , these hypocritical bastards should be very afraid of ropes and lampposts .Their time is comming to a end !

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by monkofmimir

The people in the UK have good motorway's, satellite tv, health standards, money for the unenployed, good quality houses, good quality job centre's etc and etc and etc

Come to Spain, where we have nearly the whole country unenployed, crappy job centres, no abosolute financial help for the unenployed etc and etc and etc

I dont understand what you people are mad about?
Most of you come over here to Spain and buy houses and beach resort area type's, whilst the people from this country can only look and dream.
You have no shanty towns in the UK. We have load's.

I lived in the UK for a long time and I dont see what the fuss is about, apart from the cameras and a few minor little thing's.
Real problems are when your whole family are unenployed, your father ill, your mother selling homemade baskets door to door etc

I'm VERY offended by your reply for so many reasons.

People like me work two jobs around 65 hours a week, I earn nearly £700 a month, that's before an incredible amount of tax. I live in a two bedroom small flat and I pay £133 a month on council tax... Petrol costs £1.31 a litre, I can barely afford to live.
I recently sustained a severe injury to my left arm resulting in surgery to repair several tendons, I am unable to do either of my jobs as they are both physical in nature I am entitled to NOTHING from the government until I am in debt.
I have a friend who dislikes working and I don't blame him, but he literally refuses to work, yet he's given a three bedroom house, job seekers allowance, living allowance, and bills etc paid for. It's f..... ridiculous.
We have no voice to complain because when we protested we're hunted and slapped by the full force of the law.
There's no training available for young people because skilled workers are imported from eastern europe or african countries, leaving nothing for us who're born here.
That's why we're angry, yes it could be worse, but damnit it could be a WHOLE LOT BETTER.
People like me struggle to live here, just basic things too, while the rich are rewarded and those are the types who buy villas in Spain, it's the same here.
I don't know about the problems you face in Spain, but I damn well know about the ones we face here and I'd like to be able to protest and my voice be heard! Not crushed by the law!

OP you shouldn't be offended you are both in the exact same boat my friend .

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I did not mean to offend you.
But there are alot of opportunities in the UK.
I was in college, they paid for it, gave me an allowance and a free bus ticket.
Some places here the ol bill have to catch the bus lol cos their cars are broken aint got the money to fix it.
There are roads that are undrivable. Were the most unenployed country in the whole of europe.
Yet, I see some people really bad and they dont complain.
Yes we have to voice and complain, yes, that's not what im saying.
But if you ask half the people in this country, to them, the UK is far off better with better opportunities for all.
I had a tooth extraction a few months ago, id like to see UK residents faces if they went to where dr butcher yanked my tooth out.....SAW V1111111

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Oh well im sorry to hear that.
I was in the UK 10years ago. It's not the best system in the world but it's alot better than here trust me.
The jobcentre here is a disgrace. Look's like a disgrace. It is.
Were all on the same boat.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

Absolutely spot on. It is unbelievable that they can get elected on what turn out to be blatant lies!!?
If you went for a job, lied by stating you had qualifications and experience to get that job, then 3 weeks in it is apparent you don't and can't do the job - you are sent on your way.
Same principal here - if a government gets elected then bails out on promises there should indeed be a no confidence vote and out they go.
what I don't get is why they aren't just more upfront - if the country has so much debt, then put income tax up 2p in the pound for 2 years - extra revenue raised clears debt - then revert to previous level or lower...instead they just twist the knife with fuel duty, VAT, student cuts, all things that seem underhand and enrage people.

edit on 23-2-2011 by facchino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You lot complaining and trying to make political points............. I laugh at the LOT of you !!!

Do you really think there is an EASY way out ?

Do you really Think The Last 'Crooked' Labour lot could do any better ?

REMEMBER - the Last Labour Government PUT US HERE !!! or have your tiny little minds forgotten that already ???

To compare the UK to Egypt or AN.other country in turmoil is a REALLY PATHETIC COMPARISON......

For years in the UK people have been GETTING USED to HAVING IT ALL and do you know what.????

THE PARTY IS OVER.............. get over it and STOP EXPECTING everything because in this world you have to be Responsible for yourself and the those whom can't care for themselves !!!!

There is a HUGE divide in wealth and I suggest that those COMPLAINING shut up and look towards their parents generations WHOM are sitting on the Supposed wealth in their OVER PRICED HOUSES which they cherish so DEARLY....!!!!

IT"S easy to COMPLAIN................... VERY HARD TO OFFER SOLUTIONS !!!

Regards and have a nice day

PDUK

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
David Cameron is a puppet and is lying. The pictures tell you the same thing....people aren't happy.
We know that the PTB are behind these so called revolutions to create instability in the middle east and get the rest of the world in the same level of anger about their governments an create chaos all around. Then the police will come in and kick the crap out of anyone that goes to the streets in the same fashion as in the middle east.
Is not about who's got better things than the other, it's a about creating chaos.
So don't fall for it, be wiser.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
what would you prefer gurning Gordon brown, tony blair probably dry humping gaddafi right now or David Cameron students i am sorry to say as people before have are plain selfish, this whole country is screwed because of labor and yes the cons are going to make harsh decisions but at the end of the day education is not a right, there but from the grace of god you where born in a country where education is a right now until you are 18 why the hell should i pay for your education through my taxes i couldn't afford uni so didn't go i had no right to go and couldn't afford the privilege so that was that you succeed through your own persistence not through scrounging I say DC over some labour government who have totally ruined our country in thirteen years. Now all that is gone and it will never be the same again ever But hey all you blame the coalition is their fault, bullocks with an big O

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

I did not mean to offend you.
But there are alot of opportunities in the UK.
I was in college, they paid for it, gave me an allowance and a free bus ticket.
Some places here the ol bill have to catch the bus lol cos their cars are broken aint got the money to fix it.
There are roads that are undrivable. Were the most unenployed country in the whole of europe.
Yet, I see some people really bad and they dont complain.
Yes we have to voice and complain, yes, that's not what im saying.
But if you ask half the people in this country, to them, the UK is far off better with better opportunities for all.
I had a tooth extraction a few months ago, id like to see UK residents faces if they went to where dr butcher yanked my tooth out.....SAW V1111111

You know why you got these things paid for? Because you were an immigrant. Those of us born here are not given the same opportunities, it's a friggin joke. There are no opportunities at all. Period.

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
You lot complaining and trying to make political points............. I laugh at the LOT of you !!!

Do you really think there is an EASY way out ?

Yes. Stop importing skilled workers from other countries and invest in the youth available here already, instead of leaving them without an opportunity.

Do you really Think The Last 'Crooked' Labour lot could do any better ?

REMEMBER - the Last Labour Government PUT US HERE !!! or have your tiny little minds forgotten that already ???

No, I don't, and no I haven't. No one here is suggesting labour are better. Only that they're both so similar it's hard to differentiate.

To compare the UK to Egypt or AN.other country in turmoil is a REALLY PATHETIC COMPARISON......

Who's comparing the two? You've obviously missed something.

For years in the UK people have been GETTING USED to HAVING IT ALL and do you know what.????

THE PARTY IS OVER.............. get over it and STOP EXPECTING everything because in this world you have to be Responsible for yourself and the those whom can't care for themselves !!!!

There is a HUGE divide in wealth and I suggest that those COMPLAINING shut up and look towards their parents generations WHOM are sitting on the Supposed wealth in their OVER PRICED HOUSES which they cherish so DEARLY....!!!!

IT"S easy to COMPLAIN................... VERY HARD TO OFFER SOLUTIONS !!!

Regards and have a nice day

PDUK

You've missed the point completely. We shouldn't be regressing, we should be advancing, the 'party' should not be over. We're left with no voice to offer our solutions, the big government are "in control" and it's all going wrong

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Godforbid

Can I come to LA LA land too because you are obviously already there !!....

The 'Comparison' you question is from the two initial pictures posted by the OP....... illustrating Students (?) protesting in the UK with those people protesting for a FREEDOM which they have NEVER experienced before........... Maybe you should go and tell them that it is not worth having a free speech society like ours ???

The Party by the way IS OVER.............. it is NOT regression but sensible management of society and country which has lost it compass regarding true VALUES....

If you run a household and party all the time then surely you must eventually run out of funds to keep that party going ...... the analogy is quite simple Godforbid.......... THERE IS NO MONEY LEFT for the Make believe and NON jobs created by the last lot of AMATEURS (Labour losers)..........

You might be surprized to learn that I am not really a supporter of the right either BUT WHAT PISSES ME OFF is when people complain but offer no solutions.............. you included.....!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

one thing i must add is that the difference is that labour totally screwed us on such an epic scale it will take decades to see the results and believe me with that

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join