It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
Are you trying to tell me that my boyfriend and I didn’t have a conversation about sex, birth control, abortion, adoption, you name it, 6 years ago?

Huh? How would I know what you talk about lol... what a weird question.

And at that time I didn’t decide that we were a match and that the relationship could proceed?

You are trying to tell me I had that conversation all by myself?

What on earth are you talking about?

It really, really comes down to one simple thing... responsibility.

Well in my world that means taking full responsibility for the results of your unilateral choices (not expecting someone else to help pay for them under threat of jail for 20 years). The law says that only the unilateral choice of a woman can create a child.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by MindSpin

You clearly don’t understand that these things should be discussed BEFORE having sex, no?

And if they don’t agree... well, maybe they should just go without.
edit on 23-2-2011 by worlds_away because: (no reason given)

So let me get this straight...you think all abortions that happen are because people discussed it before they had sex???

Or are you saying that if they did discuss it...then that makes it ok?

Well, you can discuss killing babies all you want...still doesn't justify it....sorry. It actually makes it a bit more twisted in my book...premeditated baby murder...ick.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

Yes...if you get pregnant...do the responsible thing....kill the baby

I love how illgoical these conversations get.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
So has one male in this thread said they support and would take a DNA Paternity test - - and take responsibility for the child if it were his?

I don't take responsibility for my kids because of DNA... I do it because I love them and want them to be comfortable, secure, loved etc. etc.

Sure I'll take a DNA test lol. I have no idea what you're driving at.

link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Do you listen to everything the law tells you to do?

What I meant is that there are actual men and women that discuss things like sex before having it, discuss abortion, and agree to have an abortion if they get pregnant. These men do have a say.

The only men who do not have a say either a) didn’t even bother discussing it before hand or b) are with women who, I guess, do not take into consideration their opinion and then stay with them even after knowing that? That at least, is how I see it.

link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

you mean ridiculous like your post calling ALL women who have an abortion TRASH?

Well it is my opinion...and I will stand by it.

Sorry if you don't like it...but baby killers are the lowest of the low in my book.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by SevenBeans

Do you listen to everything the law tells you to do?

What I meant is that there are actual men and women that discuss things like sex before having it, discuss abortion, and agree to have an abortion if they get pregnant. These men do have a say.

The only men who do not have a say either a) didn’t even bother discussing it before hand or b) are with women who, I guess, do not take into consideration their opinion and then stay with them even after knowing that? That at least, is how I see it.

Stop lying to yourself...men have no choice in the matter.

For example...you had this little conversation with your boyfriend six years ago (a sick and twisted conversation IMO)....say you get pregnant...and you have a change of heart and want to have the baby.

Where is your boyfriends choice then???
edit on 23-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No they don't lol. You can talk about it until you're blue in the face, you can agree, disagree etc. etc. it doesn't matter.

The choice is yours alone. Remember, my body, my choice....

What planet do you live on? It doesn't matter if you ask your boyfriends opinion or discuss it beforehand.

It's your unilateral choice (that's what you wanted right?) so grow up and take full responsibility for the results
edit on 23-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No, I do not believe that all abortions are planned. But some of them are.

Some people do not want babies. They have birth control for this, at least 50 years now. Abortion has been around far longer.

Obviously, I do not have an issue with this. You do. I’d like to know what your issue with abortion is?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I let him know when my opinion on the matter changed, some years ago now. We are still together.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Yes...if you get pregnant...do the responsible thing....kill the baby

I love how illgoical these conversations get.

Well NO!

I chose the responsibility of caring for the 2 daughters I already had. As a responsible parent going through a divorce --- I made the responsible decision that I could provide 2 children with their needs - - - but THEY would suffer if I had a new born baby to look after too. Plus - I would have to put that new born in day care - - so I could work.

Oh wait! When you state "Responsibility" - - - you mean what you have deemed responsible.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Originally posted by Annee
So has one male in this thread said they support and would take a DNA Paternity test - - and take responsibility for the child if it were his?

I don't take responsibility for my kids because of DNA... I do it because I love them and want them to be comfortable, secure, loved etc. etc.

Sure I'll take a DNA test lol. I have no idea what you're driving at.

I'm not quite sure where the whole DNA part of the discussion came from, unless women only get abortions when the men deny its their baby

There are men and women out there who make great parents to children who do not share their DNA.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Obviously, I do not have an issue with this. You do. I’d like to know what your issue with abortion is?

It's kind of the whole killing babies part.

It's also the reasoning for more than 90% of abortions that it would be an inconvenience to have the baby...so let's kill it.

Call me crazy...but I disagree with killing babies.

Is that good enough for me to have issues with abortion???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yes.

Although I think your efforts are wasted and would be better spent elsewhere. That goes for me as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I let him know when my opinion on the matter changed, some years ago now. We are still together.

Wow...you just aren't getting it. You see...you telling him YOUR opinion changed...is still teh WOMENS choice.

What if he tells you HIS opinion changes???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Call me crazy...but I disagree with killing babies.

Is that good enough for me to have issues with abortion???

Fine by me - - you have the right to that Choice.

Just don't force it on me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Then I decide whether I want to stay with him? Just as, if he didn’t agree when my opinion changed he could have left me?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekyone
I'm not quite sure where the whole DNA part of the discussion came from, unless women only get abortions when the men deny its their baby

There are men and women out there who make great parents to children who do not share their DNA.

I responded to your post about being responsible for children. Its up thread.

I wasn't talking about parents who already take responsibility. My daughter and her ex and his wife and daughter are all very close - - like a big family because its good for the kids.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You weren't responsible...you were irresponsible when you CHOOSE to have sex when you weren't ready to have another child.

So then...instead of taking on that responsibility...you took the easy way out...just kill the baby...pretend it never happened.

News flash...life is hard...there is no reset button...except in the case of irresponsible women via abortion.

Sorry, I'm still not going to give you a badge of honor for taking the easy way out by killing a baby.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Actually, nevermind, I already know the answer.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join