It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion, Genocide, what’s THE difference?!?!?!?!?.... do you condone murder???

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am pro-life and do not believe in abortion. However, sometimes i do understand when people mention incest. Children born from incest don't live very long..so what's right? I know that would be tough on me if i had to bear a child from incest, but i think i wouldn't have the heart to kill him/her.

It all goes down to morals. If you have them or not.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by geekyone

We got to this point because they have run out of arguments.

So they fall back on sensationalism.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

“who am I to judge someone who kills their baby”. I really try hard to not judge other people’s actions when I cannot understand them.

I would understand if you didn't want to judge someone for gossiping. Maybe for making bad financial decisions. Maybe you don't want to judge someone for cheating on their taxes.

But I gave you a scenario of a women killing her one week old baby...

If you can't make a judgement on that...that is just very disturbing.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I thought you were done with me...and then you came back...and came back again....and now again.

Look...all of you can shut me up really easily...refute my argument.

Most of you have finally caved and said I am right, that human life does begin at conception. But then you say that is not enough....you use a arbitrary bodily function to mark "life". No one has given a good reason, besides "it's the legal definition"..which basically means you let others think for you.

So answer this one simple question.

Why does arbitrarily picking one bodily function out of hundres of bodily functions, based on philosophy, a better criteria for life than using a scientific definition from biology???

I'll ignore the rest of your ranting and attempts at insults...I don't think you need me to point out your strawmen anymore...or do you?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I agree with you 100% ......... that's why i left this thread sometime ago

And yet...here you are...replying to me.

........I beiieve this

is what is known as 'trolling'???

If you believe I am trolling...then why does what I say affect you so much???

I am sure that every other woman on this thread will join me in commiserating with

MRS. MINDSET for she must be well controlled and down trodden and I'm sure all our

sympathies are with her

You obviously haven't met my wife

How womenly of you though to insult another female...not surprised from someone who supports the killing of babies.

At least my wife can say she doesn't do that...which makes her 1000 times the women you are. Thank god for that.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

I'm around them. Kids don't know much at all. Self awareness is a trait that comes when the brain develops further. In rare cases it takes many years to fully develop. I don't remember being self aware until I actually saw someone die around age 13. Before that I did no think about such things. I was nobody important. I was watching life like a film. Realizing that film is my life is a profound discovery for the self.

reply to post by Fox Molder

www.psychology.emory.edu...

reply to post by Maslo

The two are practically the same. A child will cry when their parents fight, being unaware that they are distinct from the situation and of a separate mannerism.

Sentience in and of itself, again, is not uniquely human until long after birth, with young children's level of it being indistinguishable to apes and other animals.

It's always potentiality. Failure to realize that is simply failure to respond to commons sense.

reply to post by grahag

The child of 5 will die in due time. Nothing dies immediately. Even the newly fertilized egg will stick around for a while without a body to hold it. This is why we can inject them.

using the dependency claim is flawed because humans are mammals, and therefore parasitic by nature until they break away from their parents and take care of themselves. The time of which it takes for a separated youth to die is irrelevant. it will die without a parent before maturity.

reply to post by igor_ats

Couldn't say. I don't believe in pershonhood to begin with.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Perhaps one compromise would be, if a man gets a woman pregnant, and wants to "opt out" legally early in the pregnancy, he should undergo a mandated vasectomy and sign away any visitation rights or decision making in the raising of the child.

Mandated vasectomy????

So obviously you support women getting their tubes tied when they have an abortion....right???

Or are we about to see some good ol' hypocrisy???

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Would you date her if she had a child, say a infant or toddler?

I don't see why not...that is 100% fine with me.

What's your point?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

ImaginaryReality, you ended up agreeing with me about when human life begins...did you not???

Then it is a question if you want to use philosophy or science to define your world view. Do I have to remind you that most of the time pro-choicers accuse religous people of abandoning science for their religion???

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
One issue that has been sidestepped by all the pro-lifers...
That of enforced pregnancy.

Mindspin thinks that once a woman is pregnant that her body is no longer her own.
That she absolutely must carry to term.

I'd like to know how he concluded that the fetus has a right to enslave its host.

He obviously believes in Slavery.
Since he gives her no alternative, this is Enforced Slavery, which is an act of Violence.
He violates her human rights.
And it is a violation of International Law.

Blame biology...not me. I'm sorry the poor poor women were born women and thus tasked with carrying offspring.

This isn't an equality issue that should be solved through legislation by legalizing the murdering of babies.

If a women doesn't want to be "enslaved" by a fetus...if she feels that strongly about it...then she is free to go get her tubes tied or a hysterectomy. She can solve it herself if she feels so strongly about the possibility of being "enslaved".

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Seven hours later you are still here posting about this topic?

No, that does not seem like an obsession at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh so true - - and exactly.

I already told MindSpin - - he's crossing the line into bullying.

Bullies have to have some sort of leverage to be a bully. Some have strength, some have a weapon, some use money to bully others.

What is my leverage???

Am I bullying people with my argument???

He doesn't debate - - - he swings a big Bully Hammer

If I could fit "Swinging my big Bully Hammer" into my "mood"...I would.

Nope. Said what I had to say. Don't need to repeat it.

Bye then...good luck opening up your free abortion clinics.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by MindSpin

Seven hours later you are still here posting about this topic?

No, that does not seem like an obsession at all.

Looks like you are too.

Or did you leave and come back???

Because no one could do that I guess

What...you didn't think I was going to run off...did you

edit on 26-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

ImaginaryReality, you ended up agreeing with me about when human life begins...did you not???

O.o No i agreed when biological life begins, i never disagreed on that point. When a human life begins is a whole other issue and i'm not going to repeat myself all over again.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

O.o No i agreed when biological life begins, i never disagreed on that point. When a human life begins is a whole other issue and i'm not going to repeat myself all over again.

One question...are humans biological life???

If so, why would human life have any different starting point than biological life?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Looks like you are too.

Really? So you did not notice I have not been on ATS for the last seven hours at all because I was out living a life? Notice that now.

Or did you leave and come back???

You really need to me to tell you?

Because no one could do that I guess

Uh yeah. You forget that your post history is accessible to all.

You have been on ATS discussing abortion for 14 hours.
That is definitely a sickness.

In that time, you could have been proving adoption works and ecouraging women to go that route.
You could have been counseling teen moms and rape victims.
You could have been spending time with other human beings doin important things to make society a better place for women carrying babies they are afraid to have.

Life is for the living, hombre. In your zeal to profess your love of ALL LIFE, you wasted 14 straight hours discussing abortion on an internet forum.

So are you doing something about abortion? Are you doing something to save these precious lives? Or are you sitting at a computer ranting about it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY LONG!!!!!!

I know the answer.

What...you didn't think I was going to run off...did you

edit on 26-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

After 14 hours, nothing you could do would be considered running off.

In the last 14 hours, how many lives did you save? How many did you create?
edit on 26-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Uh yeah. You forget that your post history is accessible to all.

You have been on ATS discussing abortion for 14 straight hours.
That is definitely a sickness.

I agree...stalking someones post history and tracking their online movements is a sickness.

Stalker.

In that time, you could have been proving adoption works and ecouraging women to go that route.
You could have been counseling teen moms and rape victims.
You could have been spending time with other human beings doin important things to make society a better place for women carrying babies they are afraid to have.

Life is for the living, hombre. In your zeal to profess your love of ALL LIFE, you wasted 14 straight hours discussing abortion on an internet forum.

Or I could of been working....oh right...I was.

It's really not that hard to multitask...not when you are on a computer for your work anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I agree...stalking someones post history and tracking their online movements is a sickness.

Stalker.

Sounds like you better complain to the owners of ATS for making member's post histories REALLY EASY TO LOOK AT. It is not like it takes effort. That is a feature of ATS. Maybe you should complain to SO about that.

Or I could of been working....oh right...I was.

Sure. Saving children?

It's really not that hard to multitask...not when you are on a computer for your work anyway.

How many lives did you save at work today with your incredible multitasking skills? Or can you only work and PRETEND to care about life at the same time?

Multitasking and doing other things AT THE SAME TIME as obsessing about abortion do not diminish your clear obsession. If you were doing a million other things while you were on ATS for 14 hours discussing abortion does not negate 14 hours of discussing abortion. Not posting about anything but abortion from 10am until 1:30am the next morning speaks for itself no matter how many other things you were doing at the same time.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

If a woman unfortunately gets raped and she gets pregnant, does killing the child undo the rape? This woman will continue to have nightmares, and other psychological problems, so what does killing an unborn child does?

Are there people who back off adopting? yes, but there are dozens more behind them who also want to adopt a child, instead of making it easy to abort, why not make it easy to adopt children?...

You have no idea how naive you sound trying to say "it is a woman's body", IT ISN'T, it is the body of another human being devoloping. NO HUMAN owns another, not even a mother... A mother has a child, and helps him/her grow up, but that doesn't mean that woman owns that child, THAT is a stupid and naive way to see human beings.

If unfortunately a woman gets raped and gets pregnant, make sure she gets psychological help instead of claiming murdering the unborn will make everything ok...

Do you understand now how ignorant and naive your claim sounds?... Maybe not, perhaps you are one of those many people who have fallen for the brainwashing that has been done for decades degrading unborn children as toys that mothers can get rid of for almost any reason....

edit on 26-2-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Sure. Saving children?

Nope, making money. But you never know...a child or two could have been saved...I have no way to measure that.

How many lives did you save at work today with your incredible multitasking skills? Or can you only work and PRETEND to care about life at the same time?

I don't know...like I said...there is no way to measure that. There is a distinct possibility that my work has saved a childs life...there is just no way to know.

Multitasking and doing other things AT THE SAME TIME as obsessing about abortion do not diminish your clear obsession. If you were doing a million other things while you were on ATS for 14 hours discussing abortion does not negate 14 hours of discussing abortion. Not posting about anything but abortion from 10am until 1:30am the next morning speaks for itself no matter how many other things you were doing at the same time.

It does speak for itself, it says I am an incredibly talented and dedicated person who can handle multiple responsibilities at one time and has a passion for his beliefs.

You gotta know how to spin things...hence my name
I can work on your resume if you'd like me too...I'm sure I can spruce it up a little.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join