It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru... Yet another end of the world scenario. Questions Answered!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

According to Sitchin, Nibiru was a planet with a highly elliptical orbit. If anything it bears more similarities to a comet. Sitchin never claimed it was a brown dwarf and his description of it doesn't match a brown dwarf. It was Nancy Lieder and her followers that originally claimed Nibiru was a brown dwarf. Also of note is that this same group that said Nibiru is returning in 2012. In fact, Sitchin released End of Days to dispel the claims that Nibiru would return in 2012.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by GoldenFleece

According to Sitchin, Nibiru was a planet with a highly elliptical orbit. If anything it bears more similarities to a comet. Sitchin never claimed it was a brown dwarf and his description of it doesn't match a brown dwarf. It was Nancy Lieder and her followers that originally claimed Nibiru was a brown dwarf. Also of note is that this same group that said Nibiru is returning in 2012. In fact, Sitchin released End of Days to dispel the claims that Nibiru would return in 2012.

I tend to think the same thing also. Although Sitchin has done some great work, he also pointed out in his book The 12th Planet (I forget what page) but he spoke of the 3600 year orbit cycle. But he also noted that it happened in 11000 BC, 7500 BC, 3800 BC and 200 BC. So going by his numbers, if Nibiru even exists, it won't be here for another 1400 or so years. If those numbers are somewhat accurate, Nibiru is just rounding the half way point so it's still waayyy out there. I think we're safe on that one

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ok, so anything Sitchin says on the Sumarians I'll take with a grain of salt.

Did the Sumarians write about Nibiru? If so, what did they say?

I'm asking because by the looks of it, a lot of my research was from bad sources

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychedelicSam

Most of our sources on the term nibiru is either Akkadian or Babylonian. In general the term means "crossing." In Akkadian it refers to a river crossing. In Babylonian it refers to the point of the highest ecliptic, aka the point of the summer solstice. In terms of planets it refers to Jupiter as can be seen in the MUL.APIN. There are other tablets that correspond Mercury to Nibiru.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Right-o. So does planet Nibiru exist or not?

Also, have you heard about the Annunaki? What are your thoughts on them?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Outside of Jupiter and Mercury, a planet named Nibiru does not exist. The term was reference to a point in the sky which occasionally corresponded to these two planets. As for the Annunaki, I believe the term was used in Sumerian mythology. As to their physical existence I would lean towards no.Although, I have heard theories that stated the Norse gods actually existed and were refugees from a foreign land, so the same could be true for the Annunaki.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Hmm ok.

Have you done lotsa research?

I'm defiantly convinced aliens exist since I've had a few experiences with them. Plus, after watching a presentation on Youtube by Mary Rodwell called The Reality of Contact, it's kinda undeniable.

Have you seen a presentation on Youtube called Lucus at Brave New Books 1/27/2010 The Destroyer Star & The Future of Mankind? It's really good. If you haven't seen it I recommend you do

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Have you seen a presentation on Youtube called Lucus at Brave New Books 1/27/2010 The Destroyer Star & The Future of Mankind? It's really good. If you haven't seen it I recommend you do

I've watched it. Take a peak at it again and watch the general pattern. What Lucus does is to state that he is only giving facts and not his personal feelings. But what does he actually state?

On the topic of the Norway spiral he asks whether the Russians would shoot a rocker over Norway with Obama there. Check the dates. Obama arrives in Norway the next day. The launch was in Russian territory over the White Sea. Two problems in his comment. One, no Obama. Two, no launch over Norway.

In the case of the spirals he suggests that spiral petroglyphs mean danger. Is that a fact or his opinion? It is just his opinion. I could find no place where spirals meant danger. They are used to mean water or are a religious symbol according to all archaeological sources I could find.

Look at the dates. Watch how the IRAS data is misrepresented. Watch how he cuts the quotes from the Washington Post article to avoid telling the truth. Watch how he announces that they saw it. Is this in any of the records? No.

The lies and misrepresentations continue as Lucus moves in to claim a 3600 year cycle. He assigns dates to events that are likely to be mythical such as the end of Atlantis. He assigns dates to Exodus. How? There is zero archaeological evidence for exodus. The only source of information is the bible.

The problems go on and on.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ok fair enough.

Do you think Nibiru is real and will pass us in 2012?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Do you think Nibiru is real and will pass us in 2012?

No unknown planet can pass is now, in 2012, or at any time in the future.

This is not to say that there are no unknown planets. The problem is that a new planet cannot exist that enters the orbits of the known planets. That can be shown to be impossible through gravity studies.

This does not include comets. Comets are much smaller than planets. Very large comets are 25 miles in diameter. A planet is quite large. If an unknown planet exists in our solar system then it is going to be very far away and will always stay far away. By far I mean like a 1/3 or a 1/2 of a light year away.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Alright. Thanks for a swearing my question

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join