It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru... Yet another end of the world scenario. Questions Answered!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

As has been stated over and over, it is not known whether or not WISE imaged Tyche. The data has not been analyzed yet, a process that could take years. In fact the Tyche hypothesis is from last year, it was just published in the MSM on the 13th to coincide with the end of NEOWISE. Furthermore, it's orbit would keep it about half a light year from Earth at all times.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

OK well before looking I know that the data on TYCHE as it is currently named from W.I.S.E has still to be released officially so any site that claims to know what the telescope has viewed actually know JACK! Yes JACK the god of BS.Heres a quote;

Q: When could data from WISE confirm or rule out the existence of the hypothesized planet Tyche?

A: It is too early to know whether WISE data confirms or rules out a large object in the Oort cloud. Analysis over the next couple of years will be needed to determine if WISE has actually detected such a world or not. The first 14 weeks of data, being released in April 2011, are unlikely to be sufficient. The full survey, scheduled for release in March 2012, should provide greater insight. Once the WISE data are fully processed, released and analyzed, the Tyche hypothesis that Matese and Whitmire propose will be tested.

Heres a link!

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

On the same page as you mate!!!

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hippycracker
But I too was curious about this blank rectangle, so I asked a friend who is a senior scientist at Google. He replied that he “found out that the missing data is due to a processing error in the image stitching program we use to display the Sloan survey images. The team assures me that in the next run through, this will be fixed!”

So the fact that this simple "processing error" in the stitching program that Google said would be fixed soon (as of 6/1/09) but STILL hasn't years later gives Google or NASA any credibility?

There's an answer here all right, along with a very big lesson for anyone who chooses to disregard a popular Vietnam-era saying: "Question Authority".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
so WISE and NEOWISE are the same platform i thought it was two different platforms, not the same bird, but yes it is well i be, or am i being misled as to what i read here

PASADENA, Calif. -- NASA's NEOWISE mission has completed its survey of small bodies, asteroids and comets, in our solar system. The mission's discoveries of previously unknown objects include 20 comets, more than 33,000 asteroids in the main belt between Mars and Jupiter, and 134 near-Earth objects (NEOs). The NEOs are asteroids and comets with orbits that come within 45 million kilometers (28 million miles) of Earth's path around the sun.

NEOWISE is an enhancement of the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, mission that launched in December 2009. WISE scanned the entire celestial sky in infrared light about 1.5 times. It captured more than 2.7 million images of objects in space, ranging from faraway galaxies to asteroids and comets close to Earth.
and then,

In early October 2010, after completing its prime science mission, the spacecraft ran out of the frozen coolant that keeps its instrumentation cold. However, two of its four infrared cameras remained operational. These two channels were still useful for asteroid hunting, so NASA extended the NEOWISE portion of the WISE mission by four months, with the primary purpose of hunting for more asteroids and comets, and to finish one complete scan of the main asteroid belt.
would they or could they not have a pic of some thing, i ask that it is possible right? not saying it is, just asking.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hippycracker

Greetings:

The initial problem with your OP Nibiru... Yet another end of the world scenario. Questions Answered! is that your source is questionable because David Morrison is the senior scientist at the NASA Astrobiology Institute, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, where he participates in a variety of research programs in astrobiology -- the study of the living universe. The information you quoted is almost two years old, from June, 2009, and the publication, ASTROBIOLOGY is put out by NASA, an organization that has supplied equivocal information in the past. And continues to do so.

Morrison is perhaps best known for his leadership since 1991 in defining the hazard of asteroid impacts and seeking ways to mitigate this risk. Asteroid 2410 Morrison is named in his honor.

Hummm. A truly auspicious position to be in at this precise point in time. I'll see if he is up to an interview. It will be interesting to hear his views in light of the conflicting information released by NASA since that article in 2009.

Other gems that you might have missed in his FAQ's include:

Have aliens visited Earth? Are UFOs real?

No, there is no evidence for visits of intelligent aliens to Earth, either now or in the past. The are many claims concerning UFOs and aliens, but no evidence to support these claims. The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes, and no one has ever produced an artifact or any other tangible scientific evidence of UFOs or aliens. One of strongest cases against the reality of these claims is that the group of people who spend the most time observing the sky are amateur astronomers, and they don’t report UFO sightings. If there were any evidence of aliens, astrobiologists would be among to first to hail such a discovery and analyze the data. However, there is no evidence that withstands scientific investigation. If you are still interested, you can use the search engine to find posted answers to specific questions about aliens and UFOs.

Is there a planet or brown dwarf called Nibiru or Eris that is approaching the Earth and threatening our planet with widespread destruction?

No: Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims, and most of them (such as that Nibiru has been hiding behind the Sun or that it will be visible to the naked eye from the southern hemisphere next year) are ludicrous. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles. More questions and answers about these peculiar claims can be found on this website by clicking on “Most Popular” or using the search engine to look up specific topics.

Is it true that the Sun will be in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy in December 2012 and that this will cause a pole shift and massive destruction.

No, this is an Internet hoax, with no basis in fact. There is no alignment of planets or of the Sun with the Galaxy. As far as being in the center of the Galaxy, this is impossible; we are slowly orbiting the galactic center at a distance of about 30,000 light years. The idea of a “pole shift” is also unfounded. Most people seem to mean a rapid change in the rotational pole of the Earth, but this is something that has never happened and never will. Some people are confusing this with the reversal of the magnetic poles on Earth, which does take place regularly, every few hundred thousand years. But there is no evidence that this might happen soon, and even if it did, the magnetic shift would be gradual and there would probably be no consequences on the planet, certainly nothing catastrophic. More questions and answers about these peculiar claims can be found on this website by clicking on “Most Popular” or using the search engine to look up specific topics.

When Dave's not consulting on space-based missile weapons systems to annihilate incoming astroids,

he is deeply involved in the search for life on the Red Planet based on the availability of water in the past.

"Now, in what looks to be one of the most important recent discoveries about Mars, we have photographic evidence that flows of liquid water have taken place in the past seven years!"

Jan. 10, 2007
Liquid Water on Mars: Is it Still Flowing? --
The scientific strategy of NASA's Mars exploration can be summarized as "Follow the water." The habitability of Mars, past or present, is intimately tied to the presence of liquid water. Since the first orbiting spacecraft, Mariner 9, surveyed the planet in the early 1970s, we have known that the Mars polar caps are composed in part of ice, and we have seen large channels cut by water that flowed on the surface billions of years ago. Two of the most important recent discoveries on Mars were "gullies" that indicate much more recent surface flows. . .

I will post an update on DM's recent activities and I would be curious about any change in the above statements.

Stay tuned.

In Peace & Light
tfw

SURVIVING THE AMERICAN FOOD CRISIS OF 2011
DOMINO EFFECT OF FEBRUARY 2011 - I Had a Dream About America's Future

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
ok we need one name for this i say we call it Mr Johnston, i can not keep track of all the names places it to pop up come as from where to where and what it is to do, i just found an other pic and name, not a red dwarf just a run a way planet. yes some thing could be there or not there, the one side has just as the other as for it be or not be, the real issue should be not us ATS against ATS us but the articles that come out.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hey fellas,
im new here. Decided to join because on other forum wbsites i've used, most people arn't open-minded. Simple as that.

I didn't click on the link to read the Q and A because, frankly, i don't trust NASA scientists because they could be paid to lie.

I have a couple questions on Nibiru. Hope it's all good for me to ask em here.

1) I heard, if Nibiru passes, there will be Richter Scale 9 earthquakes around the world as the polar shift happens. Will the earthquakes be much much much less intense in an area far away from fault lines, such as Melbourne, or will they still be 9ers?

2) I heard, during the pole shift new mountains would form and # like dat. If i dug a bunker into a mountain, near the summit, would i be sweet, or would the bunker collapse as the earth moves?

3) Melbourne is gonna be on the new equator if the earth moves 40 degrees. I've heard its best to live in a place wer the future equator wil be. What are the benefits of this?

Thanks in advance! I'm really looking forward to learning new things and sharing my knowledge with you

edit on 24-2-2011 by PsychedelicSam because: To make it better

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Google sky is based on the Sloan survey, the DSS. Why use that data when it is possible to go outside and look up? Google sky does not show what is happening this year or last year the year before that. Go out and look up.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychedelicSam

1) I heard, if Nibiru passes, there will be Richter Scale 9 earthquakes around the world as the polar shift happens. Will the earthquakes be much much much less intense in an area far away from fault lines, such as Melbourne, or will they still be 9ers?

2) I heard, during the pole shift new mountains would form and # like dat. If i dug a bunker into a mountain, near the summit, would i be sweet, or would the bunker collapse as the earth moves?

3) Melbourne is gonna be on the new equator if the earth moves 40 degrees. I've heard its best to live in a place wer the future equator wil be. What are the benefits of this?

1. Other celestial objects do not cause earthquakes. There has been quite a bit of research on possible correlations between quakes and the Sun and Moon. So far there seems to be the possibility that the Moon might - not clear yet - be related to some shallow, small earthquakes in oceanic crust. This is the Moon which is responsible for 1/3 of the tide that is unable to trigger Earthquakes. Even if an unknown planet passed us it would not kick off an earthquake. The evidence is clearly against that notion.
  2. Pole shifts are an invention of Hapgood who called them ECDs and later Hancock and others who used the name pole shifts. A study of the geology Earth shows no pole shifts in the last 200My. A proposed event from 84Ma was shown to be wrong. A pole shift did happen 800Ma and took 15My to complete. Pole shifts are properly called TPWs, true polar wanderings.
  3. Since a pole shift is slow, shifting the crust at incredible speeds of a meter or a year, you'd never notice that one is happening.
  4. The biggest known pole shift to date happened over 15My. The crust did not shift 40 degrees. Why do you think that Melbourne would be shifted towards the equator.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

1. Other celestial objects do not cause earthquakes. There has been quite a bit of research on possible correlations between quakes and the Sun and Moon. So far there seems to be the possibility that the Moon might - not clear yet - be related to some shallow, small earthquakes in oceanic crust. This is the Moon which is responsible for 1/3 of the tide that is unable to trigger Earthquakes. Even if an unknown planet passed us it would not kick off an earthquake. The evidence is clearly against that notion.
  2. Pole shifts are an invention of Hapgood who called them ECDs and later Hancock and others who used the name pole shifts. A study of the geology Earth shows no pole shifts in the last 200My. A proposed event from 84Ma was shown to be wrong. A pole shift did happen 800Ma and took 15My to complete. Pole shifts are properly called TPWs, true polar wanderings.
  3. Since a pole shift is slow, shifting the crust at incredible speeds of a meter or a year, you'd never notice that one is happening.
  4. The biggest known pole shift to date happened over 15My. The crust did not shift 40 degrees. Why do you think that Melbourne would be shifted towards the equator.

The idea is that Nibiru will pass so close that (something along the lines of) it's gravitational / magnetic (?) force will be so strong that ours will line up with it. I heard from various sources that if Nibiru passes, the thing i just mentioned will be so intense that the earth will be still for three days and to make things more interesting the sun would be 20 - 30% hotter (many ancient cultures have documented this).

If it's alright, do you mind providing some proof of Nibiru not causing earthquakes or very quick polar shifts? Not because i don't trust you or anything, just because i've heard the opposite from many sources so i just want to be sure so i can prepare accordingly

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The idea is that Nibiru will pass so close that (something along the lines of) it's gravitational / magnetic (?) force will be so strong that ours will line up with it. I heard from various sources that if Nibiru passes, the thing i just mentioned will be so intense that the earth will be still for three days and to make things more interesting the sun would be 20 - 30% hotter (many ancient cultures have documented this).

If it's alright, do you mind providing some proof of Nibiru not causing earthquakes or very quick polar shifts? Not because i don't trust you or anything, just because i've heard the opposite from many sources so i just want to be sure so i can prepare accordingly

Nibiru cannot exist. We know that because:
1. Sitchin made up the hoax
2. Gravity studies exclude a new planet entering the orbits of the known planets
3. Whole sky surveys could detect an earth sized planet out 8x the distance to Pluto.

Then we know that the Moon which is much smaller than the Sun is responsible for 2/3 of the tides because it is so close. The Moon does not cause large quakes.

A passing celestial object does not alter the rotational period of other objects significantly. The Moon is receding from the Earth slowly as tidal effects slow the Earth. The Earth won't be "still" and then do something else. Somebody is writing a line of hogwash. No ancient cultures have documented any of these wacky claims.

Can you provide where you got these weird ideas? Let's take a look at your sources first. You are the one bringing these ideas into the thread. I can certainly show you some examples of scientific papers showing that these claims are untrue.

Here is a paper showing that there cannot be planets withing 8X the distance to Pluto.
PROJECT PAN-STARRS AND THE OUTER SOLAR SYSTEM

Here is a paper looking for pole shifts (TPWs) in the last 200My.
Apparent and true polar wander and the geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200 Myr

Please cite your sources and we can see how what needs to be addressed.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Nibiru cannot exist. We know that because:
1. Sitchin made up the hoax
2. Gravity studies exclude a new planet entering the orbits of the known planets
3. Whole sky surveys could detect an earth sized planet out 8x the distance to Pluto.

Then we know that the Moon which is much smaller than the Sun is responsible for 2/3 of the tides because it is so close. The Moon does not cause large quakes.

A passing celestial object does not alter the rotational period of other objects significantly. The Moon is receding from the Earth slowly as tidal effects slow the Earth. The Earth won't be "still" and then do something else. Somebody is writing a line of hogwash. No ancient cultures have documented any of these wacky claims.

Can you provide where you got these weird ideas? Let's take a look at your sources first. You are the one bringing these ideas into the thread. I can certainly show you some examples of scientific papers showing that these claims are untrue.

Here is a paper showing that there cannot be planets withing 8X the distance to Pluto.
PROJECT PAN-STARRS AND THE OUTER SOLAR SYSTEM

Here is a paper looking for pole shifts (TPWs) in the last 200My.
Apparent and true polar wander and the geometry of the geomagnetic field over the last 200 Myr

Please cite your sources and we can see how what needs to be addressed.

Sumarian texts.These are the first known writings and are over 6000 years old. They wirte about Nibiru (which means "planet of crossing") passing every 3,600 years and other stuff too.

That's just one source. Your turn

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So, your source is Sitchin. Nibiru means "crossing" and in Akkadian merely refers to a river crossing. In Babylonian it refers the highest point of the ecliptic, which is the point of the summer solstice. As it was the highest point, it was considered the seat of the gods. This point corresponds to the constellation Libra and in the month Tisritum it also corresponded with Jupiter. If you read the MUL.APIN you can see that Nibiru is clearly associated with Jupiter. Certain tablets also identify it as Mercury.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Sumarian texts.These are the first known writings and are over 6000 years old. They wirte about Nibiru (which means "planet of crossing") passing every 3,600 years and other stuff too.

You actually didn't post a source. You simply stated Sitchin's hoax. The Sumerian writings about astronomy are few and far between. The use of Sumerian names in Babylonian astronomical tables suggests that the Sumerians studied astronomy before the Babylonians.

Do you have a source you'd like to cite? You can always state Sitchin's hoax if that is what you are using.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You actually didn't post a source. You simply stated Sitchin's hoax. The Sumerian writings about astronomy are few and far between. The use of Sumerian names in Babylonian astronomical tables suggests that the Sumerians studied astronomy before the Babylonians.

Do you have a source you'd like to cite? You can always state Sitchin's hoax if that is what you are using.

Wait a minuite. You're saying that Sitchin fabricated the Sumerians and their texts on Nibiru??

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, i'm just surpruised.

How come so many people refer to the Sumarian texts if they are nothing more than a bed-time story??
edit on 24-2-2011 by PsychedelicSam because: Fixed up a spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Nibiru means "crossing" and in Akkadian merely refers to a river crossing. In Babylonian it refers the highest point of the ecliptic, which is the point of the summer solstice. As it was the highest point, it was considered the seat of the gods.

Nibiru is indeed "the seat of the gods" and most likely a binary brown dwarf solar companion that's much larger and older than our sun.

It's no coincidence that the holiest day is "Sunday".

Even though many have been led to worship the Son of God, it's actually the Sun of God.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Wait a minuite. You're saying that Sitchin fabricated the Sumerians and their texts on Nibiru??

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, i'm just surpruised.

How come so many people refer to the Sumarian texts if they are nothing more than a bed-time story??

There is a difference between the Sumerians and their writings and Sitchin and his claims. Sitchin is not a Sumerian scholar. He claims all sort of astronomical writings by the Sumerians. Few have been found. The reason it is believed that the Sumerians actually were interested in astronomy is the few tidbits that have been found as well as later groups using Sumerian names in star charts. This suggests that they were expanding on Sumerian work.

Sitchin is not a Sumerian scholar. His egregious mistakes are highlighted by many people. Here is a good site discussing Sitchin. It invites anyone to peruse the available Sumerian texts to see that Sitchin is wrong.
sitchin is wrong.com

In addition to Sitchin's purposeful mistranslation he is also wrong in areas such as physics. The planet he claims cannot exist. Today we know much more about astronomy and can show that no new planet enter the part of the solar system where the known planets orbit.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Nibiru is indeed "the seat of the gods" and most likely a binary brown dwarf solar companion that's much larger and older than our sun.

That's impossible on several counts. It violates all of the properties assigned to Nibiru by Sitchin, who made up this hoax.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

So let me get this straight. You actually know the properties assigned to Nibiru by Sitchin (brown dwarf), but are simultaneously using him in an attempt to discredit me while repeatedly calling him a hoax?

That's right up there with claiming that Nibiru believers are so "intelligent" that they can see through me!

Dewd, you are without a doubt the funniest poster on ATS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join