It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru... Yet another end of the world scenario. Questions Answered!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
OK, after reading this thread "Is Google and NASA hiding Nibiru?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I did some digging and found a page on the NASA website where astrobiologist David Morrison,
NAI Senior Scientist posted 20 commonly asked questions about Nibiru from the 'Ask an Astrobiologist' feature on the NASA website, I thought this might help alleviate the many sleepless nights some of you folks have had about the world ending! lol

Here are a few of the questions and answers. The full list can be found here;

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

Enjoy!

- Maybe we should be asking about Planet X or Eris, not Nibiru. Why does NASA keep secret the orbit of Eris?

“Planet X” is an oxymoron when applied to a real object. The term has been used by astronomers over the past century for a possible or suspected object. Once the object is found, it is given a real name, as was done with Pluto and Eris, both of which were at some time referred to as Planet X. If a new object turns out to be not real, or not a planet, then you won’t hear about it again. If it is real, it is not called Planet X.

Eris is one of several dwarf planets recently found by astronomers in the outer solar system, all of them on normal orbits that will never bring them near Earth. Like Pluto, Eris is smaller than our Moon. It is very far away, and its orbit never brings it closer than about 4 billion miles. There is no secret about Eris and its orbit, as you can easily verify by googling it or looking it up in Wikipedia.

- Do you deny that NASA built a South Pole Telescope (SPT) to track Nibiru? Why else would they build a telescope at the South Pole?

There is a telescope at the South Pole, but it was not built by NASA and not used to study Nibiru. The South Pole Telescope was supported by the National Science Foundation, and it is a radio telescope, not an optical instrument. It cannot take images or photos. You can look it up on Wikipedia. The Antarctic is a great place for astronomical infrared and short-wave-radio observations, and it also has the advantage that objects can be observed continuously without the interference of the day-night cycle.

I should add that it is impossible to imagine a geometry in which an object can be seen only from the South Pole. Even if it were due south of the Earth, it could be seen from the entire southern hemisphere.

- Can you explain the fact that the area at (5h 53m 27s, -6 10’ 58”) has been blackened out in Google Sky and Microsoft Telescope? People suggest that these have been blackened out because those are the co-ordinates where Nibiru is located at present.

Several people have asked me about this blank rectangle in Orion in Google Sky, which is a presentation of images from the Sloan Digital Survey. This can’t be a “hiding place” for Nibiru, since it is a part of the sky that could be seen from almost everywhere on the Earth in the winter of 2007-08 when much of the talk about Nibiru began. That would contradict the claims that Nibiru was hiding behind the Sun or that it could be seen only from the southern hemisphere. But I too was curious about this blank rectangle, so I asked a friend who is a senior scientist at Google. He replied that he “found out that the missing data is due to a processing error in the image stitching program we use to display the Sloan survey images. The team assures me that in the next run through, this will be fixed!”

- If the government knew about Nibiru, wouldn’t they keep it a secret to avoid panic? Isn’t it the government’s job to keep the population at ease?

There are many objectives of government, but they do not include keeping the population at ease. My experience is that sometimes parts of the government do just the opposite, as in the frequent references to various terrorist threats or warnings about driving accidents on long holiday weekends, which are no more dangerous than any other time. There is a long history of associating bad things with political opponents (older readers will remember the “missile gap” in the 1960 election, younger ones will note the many current references to who is or is not keeping the U.S. safe from terrorists). Further, social scientists have pointed out that many of our concepts of public panic are the product of Hollywood, while in the real world people have a good record of helping each other in a time of danger. I think everyone also recognizes that keeping bad news secret usually backfires, making the issue even worse when the facts finally come out. And in the case of Nibiru, these facts would come out very soon indeed.

Even if they wanted to, the government could not keep Nibiru a secret. If it were real, it would be tracked by thousands of astronomers, amateurs as well a professional. These astronomers are spread all over the world. I know the astronomy community, and these scientists would not keep a secret even if ordered to. You just can’t hide a planet on its way to the inner solar system!

edit on 22/2/11 by Hippycracker because: Change icon!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am not sure if Nibiru exists or not but I wouldn't believe a thing Nasa says regardless. Kinda like the sts tether incident. Didn't a guy from Nasa say those were ice particles? Each one circular, all with that same notch in the side, and hold in the middle?

Deebo

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Well I don't believe everything I read either but, with an objective view and a little independent research, most, if not all of these answers make a lot of sense and can be verified!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Star and Flag for stating the simple, but undenyable fact that:

If it were real, it would be tracked by thousands of astronomers, amateurs as well a professional.

edit on 22-2-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hippycracker

- Maybe we should be asking about Planet X or Eris, not Nibiru. Why does NASA keep secret the orbit of Eris?

Umm, they don't keep it secret.

Wiki lists the orbital characteristics of Eris. It's no secret.
en.wikipedia.org...(dwarf_planet)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Wow...this is what, the 3rd post on this topic. Good digging and good info, but I am sure you will be getting a ton of hate replies...lol. The thing I noticed in the other posts, the people that claim to be the most open minded (which I consider myself) are the ones who insist on ignoring the facts or simple explanations...just like the first reply here, that sts tether incident...debunked (at least for me) on UFO Hunters...if Bill can be ok with the explanation given...c'mon. At any rate, nice post, thanks for digging.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
the name comes from www.michaelsheiser.com... what you can do when it comes www.surviving-nibiru.com... where it came from or how it really went from planet X to what it is called today www.apollonius.net... why did it not show up well this will tell
www.2012.com.au... what it is all about paranormal.about.com... and for you that need or feel that you need to go home www.nibiruancouncil.com... I hope that helps in under standing the myth facts and wishful thinking related to ... it should be called "how many names" Nibiru

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Except that they say this planet is only 40 degrees above absolute zero, which makes it almost invisible. That's why W.I.S.E. found it, because it was cooled with liquid helium, only 20 degrees over Abs zero

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

OK I'm in awe. Really I'm stunned............................ that you actually give these websites any credibility!!!!!!! It's all completely unfounded! I mean BIRD PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!? HA!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just because someone works for an organization does not make them a truth speaker. Communications officers as they are sometimes referred to are masters of spin and misdirection. They take courses like psychology NLP etc. Many employees especially Government have to sign non disclosure agreements so cannot release information under law even if they wanted to.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hippycracker

i don't buy it .

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hippycracker
Several people have asked me about this blank rectangle in Orion in Google Sky, which is a presentation of images from the Sloan Digital Survey. This can’t be a “hiding place” for Nibiru, since it is a part of the sky that could be seen from almost everywhere on the Earth in the winter of 2007-08 when much of the talk about Nibiru began. That would contradict the claims that Nibiru was hiding behind the Sun or that it could be seen only from the southern hemisphere.

Hear this you sundoggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hippycracker

well here is some of my own opinion finding reading, that is if you believe thees

Kent Steadman at the Sentinal section of Cyberspaceorbit.com is tracking Nibiru and offers several star charts, timetables and other illustrations that show where Planet X will supposedly cross the inner solar system. and then ther is this tidbit As stated before, the gravitational pull of a planet entering the inner solar system would have profound effects on the other orbiting bodies, including Earth. In fact, the Anunnaki story says that a previous appearance of Nibiru was responsible for the "Great Flood" recorded in Genesis, in which nearly all life on our planet was extinguished (but saved, thanks to Noah). Going even further back, some researchers into this topic suspect that Nibiru once even collided with Earth millions of years ago, creating the asteroid belt and resulting in the enormous gouges in our planet that the oceans now fill.
and then the last item i found

A Mystery Revolves Around the Sun," an article posted by MSNBC on October 7, 1999 said: "Two teams of researchers have proposed the existence of an unseen planet or a failed star circling the sun at a distance of more than 2 trillion miles, far beyond the orbits of the nine known planets... Planetary scientist at Britain's Open University, speculates that the object could be a planet larger than Jupiter." And in December, 2000, SpaceDaily reported on "Another Candidate For 'Planet X' Spotted."

Another article and photo appeared in Discovery News: "Large Object Discovered Orbiting Sun." The article, published in July, 2001, says, "The discovery of a large reddish chunk of something orbiting in Pluto's neighborhood has re-ignited the idea that there may be more than nine planets in the solar system." Naming it 2001 KX76. the discoverers estimate that it is smaller than our Moon and might have an elongated orbit, but they gave no indication that it was heading this way.
and i thought this would be good site to see it have other space stuff as well www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

edit on 23-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2011 by bekod because: added text

edit on 23-2-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

edit on 23-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Except that they say this planet is only 40 degrees above absolute zero, which makes it almost invisible. That's why W.I.S.E. found it, because it was cooled with liquid helium, only 20 degrees over Abs zero

WISE has not found any new planets. Even if an object were cold it would still reflect light. Pluto and Eris are tiny and far away. The worlds are cold and reflect light which is how they were found.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

the gravitational pull of a planet entering the inner solar system would have profound effects on the other orbiting bodies, including Earth.

If an Earth sized planet were within 70AU the gravitational effects could be detected. Nothing is detected hence there is no planet out there. Whole sky surveys look out and would detect a planet the size of Earth 320AU.
PROJECT PAN-STARRS AND THE OUTER SOLAR SYSTEM

In fact, the Anunnaki story says that a previous appearance of Nibiru was responsible for the "Great Flood" recorded in Genesis, in which nearly all life on our planet was extinguished (but saved, thanks to Noah).

There is no evidence for a global inundation. There is no evidence for a mass extinction of this level since the end of the dinosaurs.

Going even further back, some researchers into this topic suspect that Nibiru once even collided with Earth millions of years ago, creating the asteroid belt and resulting in the enormous gouges in our planet that the oceans now fill.

That makes no sense at all. The theory of plate tectonics shows this to be completely wrong. It sounds more like a modified YEC tale than anything else.

Two teams of researchers have proposed the existence of an unseen planet or a failed star circling the sun at a distance of more than 2 trillion miles,

At 1/3 of a light year away, such an object would not enter the inner part of the solar system where the known planets orbit. Do not confuse distant hypothetical objects that do not enter the orbits of the known planets with the hoax of Nibiru.

The last part of the post is seen here
Virtual Telescope Observes Record-Breaking Asteroid

It is described here
Ixion

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

well then maybe you should write to this place and point out your findings read the article that is were i got the info in my post from paranormal.about.com... so you need to tell the pros what your view is

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The 1982 and 1983 articles were written before the 1989 flyby of Neptune which showed that the estimated mass of Neptune was off by 0.5%, about the mass of Mars. Once corrected the apparent anomalies were eliminated.

The 1983 article gives a list of possibilities and one of them turned out to be the case - a new type of galaxy.

In 1999 an object 1/3 of light year out is hypothesized.

The 2001 discovery is Ixion.

Then come a list of people that want to misrepresent all of this. There are all of the supposed calamities. Did you realize that the Moon is right above all of the time and it tugs hard enough to move the oceans. Where are the tsunamis and eruptions and earthquakes caused by the Moon?

I didn't bother to waste time on page 2.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

well i found this www.osti.gov... now then click on access individual pages and read, seems the GOV did pay for the research after all.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Davis, Hut, & Muller's research was published at the same time as Whitmire and Jackson's. Whitmire is from University of Southwestern Louisiana and Jackson is from a private corporation. And when I say their work was published at the same time, I mean that both articles appeared in the same issue of Nature in 1984.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
well some more of the cuff find www.reviewlutions.com... i would like to know what you all think of it. it makes this clam

NASA WISE Telescope shows a Giant Planet next to the Solar System. February 13, 2011. NASA confirms that is tracking Hercolubus, at the moment scientists call it as Tyche. The NASA Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) telescope is showing a giant planet next to the Solar System. Tyche (Hercolubus) is 4 times bigger than Jupiter and orbit at the outer edge of the Solar System.

edit on 23-2-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join