It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Senior Scientist Sends “Emergency” Warning to US Secretary of Agriculture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+95 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Warning details found here at the Institute of Science in Society.
Confirmation of existence of Don Huber, at Purdue, and the "National Plant Disease Recovery System" found here at the USDA Agricuture Research Service
Confirmation that Don Huber is an active, recently published botanist may be found via a recent paper of his here: Glyphosate Effects on Diseases of Plants

Now for the scary stuff:

Dear Secretary Vilsack: A team of senior plant and animal scientists have recently brought to my attention the discovery of an electron microscopic pathogen that appears to significantly impact the health of plants, animals, and probably human beings. Based on a review of the data, it is widespread, very serious...This is highly sensitive information that could result in a collapse of US soy and corn export markets and significant disruption of domestic food and feed supplies. On the other hand, this new organism may already be responsible for significant harm (see below)...This previously unknown organism is only visible under an electron microscope (36,000X), with an approximate size range equal to a medium size virus. It is able to reproduce and appears to be a micro-fungal-like organism. If so, it would be the first such micro-fungus ever identified. There is strong evidence that this infectious agent promotes diseases of both plants and mammals, which is very rare...Laboratory tests have confirmed the presence of this organism in a wide variety of livestock that have experienced spontaneous abortions and infertility. Preliminary results from ongoing research have also been able to reproduce abortions in a clinical setting...I have studied plant pathogens for more than 50 years. We are now seeing an unprecedented trend of increasing plant and animal diseases and disorders. This pathogen may be instrumental to understanding and solving this problem. It deserves immediate attention with significant resources to avoid a general collapse of our critical agricultural infrastructure. Sincerely, COL (Ret.) Don M. Huber Emeritus Professor, Purdue University APS Coordinator, USDA National Plant Disease Recovery System (NPDRS)

There is an apparent linkage with Roundup also (this scientist was already investigating issues in that area, and that is how they came across this). If this turns out to be accurate the impact may be extremely serious, possibly even causing "exceptionally grave damage". (Key phrase deliberately included to ensure dissemination to the appropriate parties.)
edit on 22-2-2011 by SunSword because: Title too long

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

A team of senior plant and animal scientists have recently brought to my attention the discovery of an electron microscopic pathogen that appears to significantly impact the health of plants, animals, and probably human beings. Based on a review of the data, it is widespread, very serious, and is in much higher concentrations in Roundup Ready (RR) soybeans and corn-suggesting a link with the RR gene or more likely the presence of Roundup. This organism appears NEW to science!

Yeah, I would say that it is more than a possible link.

This does not sound good at all.

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
what is described is very similar to the "fugal" infection sufered by bees dying in the colony colapse witnessed accross countrys using round up
this is caused by al natural resistence destroyed by round up allowing the fungus to grow
this is or could be a major crop failure problem for any country using GMOs and round up

THIS IS A WAKE UP PEOPLE

stop GMOs and round up or face full crop failures and starvation

unless GMOs and round up are banned the results WILL BE devastating

your govenment is bought by big ag and monsanto

this requires people to force the removal of monsanto and gmos from the food chain
if people wait for this to hit it will be to late to save millions of lives
and do untold damage to the environment

THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH PEOPLE
dont wait till its to late

xploder

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The system is self-defeating.

It doesn't matter if they stop using it.

It will stop using them.

Problem solves itself.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

thank you so much for bringing this to attention. I've been a lurker here on ATS for over a year now. and finally decided to join. I am so sick of the gm foods.

I decided to try to contact the USDA, in particular mr. vilsack and see why they ignored such a letter. There was no good way to get ahold of him, just a generic "submit your question for our expert here" form to fill out.

So now I await a week for a response back. I am sure that it will be something along the lines of "well upon further research with some other experts, its totally fine" "go back to eating the junk"

also I asked if the top people at the USDA eat the gm food. you know just for fun!

sorry if this post is somehow not correct (as in posted wrong) This is my very first reply ever.

Its so refreshing to see people who are strongly opposed to the GM junk like I am.

I just wish there was more I could do besides what I am currently doing!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
As governor of Iowa Vilsak was big on GM crops and a crook in many other areas that I will not comment on in this thread. Here is a quick link on some of his BS but there are plenty more. You won't get any help from this schill of Monsanto.

As Iowa Governor, Tom Vilsack was a leading advocate for Monsanto, genetic engineering, and factory farming. President Obama proudly lauded his new Agriculture Secretary for "promoting biotech."

Vilsack has, in fact, promoted the most controversial and dangerous forms of agricultural biotechnology, including pharma crops, plants genetically engineered to produce pharmaceuticals. When grown outdoors on farmland, where most pharma crop trials have occurred, pharma crops can easily contaminate conventional and organic varieties. In one chilling example from 2002, a corn crop engineered by ProdiGene to produce a vaccine for pigs contaminated 500,000 bushels of soybeans that were grown in the Nebraska field the next season. Before this incident, a similar thing had happened in Iowa where the USDA ordered ProdiGene to pay for the burning of 155 acres of conventional corn that may have been contaminated by the firm's biotech plants.

ProdiGene eventually went out of business, but not before it received a $6 million investment from the Governors Biotechnology Partnership, chaired by Iowa Governor Vilsack. Vilsack didn't want any restrictions placed on experimental pharma crops. In reaction to suggestions that pharma crops should be kept away from food crops, Vilsack argued that "we should not overreact and hamstring this industry."

Link

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
S&F for this important alert

micro- fungal, could be a mere phase in the pathogen's pleomorphic cycle.

Pleomorphism, Its Discovery and Suppression

affects both plants and mammals? here are the results of all that transgenic tampering.

how many more crimes and mass poisoning are these monsters[=an unnatural thing] going to be allowed to get away with. when are human beings going to realize that we have a twisted sub-species among us in the service of Anti-Life?

Monsanto, it's products,it's management, all it's stockholders, it's facilitators,dupes and bought off officials have long been deserving of an Elie Wiesel and his team sort of response, i think it is high time these abominations be declared Enemy #1 of the human race and removed from the food chain.

permanently.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

crap, this could mean that Huber, having spilled the beans to the wrong creature, will be having an accident soon.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

crap, this could mean that Huber, having spilled the beans to the wrong creature, will be having an accident soon.

Something to keep a close eye on. Remember that guy who was on the tube talking about there being three oil leaks in the gulf not just one? Can't remember his name right now. He died of a supposed heart attack in his shower not too long ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Interesting timing of this post. Did you know that Corn, Wheat and Soybeans were all LIMIT down on the commodity exchange today?
If this pathogen really has the effect this letter states, No one will be buying our grains.
They'll be real cheap here but labeled with "Eat at your own risk"

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here is a thread started today in regards to strange happenings on the grain market. I was thinking these two things might be related, depending on when this info came out. www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have left a link to this thread in theirs also, in case these two things could be related. Probably not, but worthy of consideration none the less.
Of course, we all knew something like this was going to happen and I agree with the poster that said this scientist will be having a horrific *accident* quite soon. I hope this doesn't get swept under the proverbial rug like the rest of the incriminating evidence against supercrops. s&f by the way.

^^^Sorry fltcui, didnt see your post
^^^
edit on 22-2-2011 by mutantgenius because: already posted

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

yeah all this noise 'look at the skies" /2012-hijacked stuff could be so that we don't look at the things closer to home

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Jesus[ and i'm a agnostic-pantheist of sorts]
just like all the funny market manipulation just before 911

let's just hope that the sudden plunge is the result of the rest of the world deciding they are not gonna buy GMO, i know that India certainly isn't interested in buying GMO filth.

because if they are related it means an Eco-catastrophe is imminent

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
OP are you talking about Round-UP the weed killer? I have a solution to GMO, Find them and
them.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The first microbial fungus ever discovered, and it causes abortion and infertility?
Possibly engineered for human depopulation?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
why monsanto always wins

It doesn't get any more evil than Monsanto.
Unfortunately it is late in the game -
they have been poisoning us for a long time.
Buy your organic heirloom seeds while you can and
stash them away for the future -
edit on 22-2-2011 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
The first microbial fungus ever discovered, and it causes abortion and infertility?
Possibly engineered for human depopulation?

My thoughts exactly,who's to say that this isn't something cooked up by Monsanto for their ugenics program.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

i'm glad you joined we could use more intelligent people like you. as for the GMO idiots who knows if they eat their own food. I'd be interested to find out. It'd be weird if a chef cooked you dinner and wouldn't eat it himself...

And there's probably not much else you can do except file a complaint and try to get people to sing a petition against them...hey at least you're doing more than 99% of America

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
Of course, we all knew something like this was going to happen and I agree with the poster that said this scientist will be having a horrific *accident* quite soon. I hope this doesn't get swept under the proverbial rug like the rest of the incriminating evidence against supercrops.

I hope you're wrong, but we should keep our eyes open anyways...maybe we should send an email to this professor letting him know the danger he's put himself into ...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

i'm glad you joined we could use more intelligent people like you. as for the GMO idiots who knows if they eat their own food. I'd be interested to find out. It'd be weird if a chef cooked you dinner and wouldn't eat it himself... And there's probably not much else you can do except file a complaint and try to get people to sing a petition against them...hey at least you're doing more than 99% of America

see my my previous post re Elie Wiesel the Nazi Hunter, look him up
there is the only solution left IMO re Monsteranto
also look up The Bureau of Sabotage

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join