It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes! The Uterus Police!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

You're right. I think oral sex is already illegal here in GA, but I don't think anyone's been arrested for that in a while.

And right on the cancer, too. Oral sex is leading cause of increasing U.S. cancer rates, compared to tobacco use in other nations

But he's probably not too worried about that. Sounds like he might have goats.

edit on 2/22/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Yes, thanks. I'm still not clear on if you mean it needs to change through legislation or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
What? That is just sick. So you think that a woman should be able to damage her baby in the womb for life, and not get any punishment? It is one of the worst cases of child abuse. And the stars you got..

edit on 22/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

My ethos:

1) So long as it does not threaten the well being of myself or the people under my care (including friends), do as you will.

2) You can do anything you want in this world, so long as you are willing to accept the consequences.

Nature has a way of dealing with these things. It's not my place to dictate to some stranger what they should be doing with their life. I have my own life to deal with. What some woman does to herself and her offspring is none of my business or concern unless they are under my care.

Yes, it is horrible when a child is abused or disabled by the actions of their parents. It is terrible when people kill each other. It is awful when people rape and pillage one another.

The sad thing is that this is part of what humans are. I simply choose not to sugar coat it under some falshood of "civilized society". I would rather accept my faults and try to grow past them.
edit on 2-22-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Maslo

Yes, thanks. I'm still not clear on if you mean it needs to change through legislation or not.

Yes, through legislation, too. Altough this law is targeted more against abortions, and I am pro-choice, so not this kind of legislation, but legislation against pregnant women drinking etc. So it is a bit off-topic in this thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

What about men who drink and take drugs that cause chromosomal damage?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

What some woman does to herself and her offspring is none of my business or concern unless they are under my care.

What some woman does to herself is not my bussiness, indeed. But when it affects her innocent child, it is my bussiness. Women that damage their children while in womb have to be punished, it is one of the worst example of child abuse.

According to your logic, child abuse is OK when done by parents. Explain, please.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

According to your logic, child abuse is OK when done by parents. Explain, please.

I already did here www.abovetopsecret.com...

And for the record, I did not say it was OK. I think it is awful and despicable. It's not my place to interfere, unless the child is under my care. (And that does not mean I have to be the parent. "Under my care" means family and friends. When you friend someone -- real friends, not associates -- you place a trust in them and share a part of your life with them. That is what I mean by care.)
edit on 2-22-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I think most would agree that this would be limited to the rare "asocials" and would more than likely be taken care of by peer, family, medical, and societal pressures anyway. In my opinion, attempting to legislate something like this is way over the line. Talk about dumbing down society.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think most would agree that this would be limited to the rare "asocials" and would more than likely be taken care of by peer, family, medical, and societal pressures anyway. In my opinion, attempting to legislate something like this is way over the line. Talk about dumbing down society.

Agreed. And to think, my philosophy is not a new one. It used to be a common one as late as 100 years ago. At some point, the government decided that they were a better judge of what was right and wrong for communities than the communities themselves.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Idiotic idea.

2nd line - totally idiotic idea.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would just like to add this content because both genders can be responsible for birth defects, as well as miscarriage.

www.fasalaska.com...

Drinking, smoking and job related hazards as well, so let's spread the blame

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's not my place to interfere, unless the child is under my care.

Well, I strongly disagree with you, then. I believe it is my and everyones moral duty to act when witnessing such evil regardless of such insignificant things like care or family. You are basically saying child abuse should be ignored if it happens outside your little community or your care. That is sick, IMHO.

What some woman does to herself and her offspring is none of my business or concern unless they are under my care.

Yes, it is horrible when a child is abused or disabled by the actions of their parents. It is terrible when people kill each other. It is awful when people rape and pillage one another.

The sad thing is that this is part of what humans are.

Do you want to make an exception to murders of the offspring by their parents, or exception to law against irreversily damaging their health after birth? These things will always happen too, so should we make them legal? If no, why the double standard?

edit on 22/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

This woman and others have some great point in their comments on this blog here...

WELL I AGREE...yes let's figure out what is causing ALL these miscarriages! I would like a FULL chemical analysis for poisons and especially weedkillers from the blood of mothers and fetuses. What the Government has neglected to mention is that they routinely spray weedlkillers all along the interstates, public roads and streets, parks, National Parks...heck even neighbors are spraying Roundup like there is no tomorrow....these chemicals CAN cause miscarriages and DO!

What's causing all these miscarriages? Why do the lawmakers allow poisons to keep being introduced into our air and food and water by the likes of Monsanto and the other demon spawn?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JewelFlip

Haha. Thanks for that link. I asked that same question above. Don't think there was an answer. I'm all for sharing the responsibility and the consequences

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

I will fight you to my death. I swear to God.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Then change them all because the same logic would apply. This idiot singled out rape victims, stalking victims, and clearly shows both is ideology and misogyny.

Well in most cases the victimization is already established so it makes sense to refer to them as victims, and when it isn't already established they are often referred to as "alleged victims."

Rape is a unique case because it often hinges upon whether the accuser was in fact a victim or not, constantly referring to a "victim" is obviously prejudicial. If someone gets beat up it's pretty easy to establish that they were in fact a victim etc. etc.

False allegations in rape cases are a very serious problem.
edit on 22-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

Do you consider it a problem that most rapes are never reported because the people are too traumatized by the system to dare? Is that a problem for you, or is that just dandy?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by searching4truth

You're right. I think oral sex is already illegal here in GA, but I don't think anyone's been arrested for that in a while.

And right on the cancer, too. Oral sex is leading cause of increasing U.S. cancer rates, compared to tobacco use in other nations

But he's probably not too worried about that. Sounds like he might have goats.

now that's funny

At the top it is a union or authoritarian theists and third tier oligarchs

ETA - who like wool

Baaahhhh

edit on 22-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Do you consider it a problem that most rapes are never reported because the people are too traumatized by the system to dare? Is that a problem for you, or is that just dandy?

Of course it's a problem.

False rape allegations are also a problem (but you seem to want to shrug your shoulders as if it's no big deal).
edit on 22-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Do you want to make an exception to murders of the offspring by their parents, or exception to law against irreversily damaging their health after birth? These things will always happen too, so should we make them legal? If no, why the double standard?

I make no exceptions. My ethos is quite plain and simple and I stick by it. My "morality" is not to be imposed on others.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join