It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have spent the past half hour so far, with my remote, going from one to another of these cable news networks. Occassionaly.........they will show a one second snippet of one of the --several-- World-Significant breaking ongoing crisis/events. MOSTLY I have been -trying- to be dodging these OBNOXIOUS STUPID ANNOYING STINKING lighthearted irrelevent commercials with the prancing skinny/shiny ugly ugly grinning c er, women in them. In between 'news' about musicians or whatever they are, I never heard of and paid attention to.

Someone, help lets get a crowd together and try to pull themeselves out from themselves. Oh the humanity, Aaaaahhhhggggg!!!

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on Tue Feb 22 2011 by Jbird because: Title edit to remove censor circ.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

That's the advantage of having the BBC.. No adverts

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ultimately it is the public's fault though.

We leave our TV on thus triggering ratings and promoting even more of the garbage.

The only solution is to turn the TV off. And to convince others to do the same.

No matter how much we disagree with their absurd bs, leaving the TV on says "I agree".

Thank God they made an "off" button!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
STOP WATCHING TV ALL TOGETHER !

It is poison for your mind.

Why would a person choose to be lied to all day.

I haven't watched TV since 1998. Best thing I ever did.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I have spent the past half hour so far, with my remote, going from one to another of these cable news networks. Occassionaly.........they will show a one second snippet of one of the --several-- World-Significant breaking ongoing crisis/events. MOSTLY I have been -trying- to be dodging these OBNOXIOUS STUPID ANNOYING STINKING lighthearted irrelevent commercials with the prancing skinny/shiny ugly ugly grinning c er, women in them. In between 'news' about musicians or whatever they are, I never heard of and paid attention to.

Someone, help lets get a crowd together and try to pull themeselves out from themselves. Oh the humanity, Aaaaahhhhggggg!!!

I think I know what your trying to say and I tend to agree. However, I genuinly believe you are wasting precious energy trying to accomplish this "from" ats. At the time of this post, 218000 members....even if we all could agree on a particular issue, 218,000 people (in percentage terms) is not even a drop in the bucket. Now factor in some members are from countries that literally "hate" americans, because of the behavior and actions of our "diplomats". I guess I am saying, not enough people on here really care...they just like hearing themselves "talk" or seeing what they themselves have typed.IMHO

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You are right , I turned the TV off out of disgust. I wish an epicenter magnitude 9 would occurr directly underneath the buildings of where these stinking whores are plopped.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
if your going to be lied to by the tv at least choose a better quality of lying, watch al jazera (from what I've seen of them they seem to be the most honest tv news.) my grandfather also swears by the russian news, its called "russia today" or somthing, not watched my self but apparently from time to time there brutally honest about america

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
when i was a kid my mum would call the TV 'chewing gum for the eyes'...took me 20 odd years to finally agree with her.....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow take a chill pill dude,. If your going to watch TV......your going to have commercials.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Things seem to be warming up everywhere! Could this be global warmings real meaning? I too am so sick of the cable networks pathetic renderings. So much so that I've cancelled my contract and can live free of the nausea of the news "shows".If we all did the same, even though we're only 218000, it might get the ball rolling. Everything seems to be rolling right now, so let's gain momentum.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Turn off the TV already!!! Get online and goto Al Jazeera!! Thats real news there... I started watching it when egypt broke out in protests, and american media wasnt covering it, but now the only thing i bother to watch is Al Jazeera English.

I think Al Jazeera needs a new name, to most americans it just sounds like "terrorist network" or something... but it actually stands for "The Island"... I would trust their story coverage over any MSM outlet

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by titelipt

The building I'm in, my landlord provides cable. NO WAY IN H**l would I purchase and monthly pay that stinking poop. All they run is mostly such stupid stupid brain anasthetic ooz, it's obscene.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I will check out Al Jazeera.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012
Wow take a chill pill dude,. If your going to watch TV......your going to have commercials.

You are not wrong, but what sucks is knowing that the cable /satellite t.v.providers, get paid by customers to view the commercials that the advertisers pay them to disseminate.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If the Federal Government/military tv's weren't always on CNN.....they'd have like 5 total viewers.

Americans ceased buying newspapers and the big media mafia's been trying to get Obama to give them a bailout since they're no longer generating revenue.

GM ran with "An American Revolution".....sure was. Americans voted with their wallets running away.

Thank god I get Australia's news from my cable provider. It has NEWS on it. The commercials aren't 30 decibals higher than the normal programming. Sweet.

top topics

join