It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fox news slams WI protests but cheered teaparty protests....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Fair and Balanced?
Just asking...........

edit on 22-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

yea everyone else is having to suck it up....except the government of course huh? i bet all of those are still getting full pay and i bet their pensions are safe huh?...or all these corporate fat cats that are getting tax relief?! while the poorer people of the country are being worked to death for a pittance?!

so uhm no..sorry i disagree, most of these people have worked for many years and EARNED thier pensions, but instead of budgeting better WI officials have sed "oooh ok were running out of cash here..oh i know we can stop contributing to these people in the public sectors pensions"

the same kind of thing is happening here in the UK, because the government is feeling the pinch..(i laff when i say that cuz lets be honest its the taxpayers who are feeling the pinch) so what do they decide to do?..oh lets close down the learning centres for the handicapped, lets close down nurserys, lets close down things that we the government dont use but the people of the country depend on....lets hike up all essentials such as electricity, gas, petrol, food, instead of doing away with things that arent essential such as bonuses for the ever growing elite!

its disgusting...yes WE THE PEOPLE are all having to suck it up....what about the ALREADY RICH?..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Probably because the TP people aren't a bunch of commies.

Probably because Union thugs are going to Republican representatives HOMES
and scaring the crap out of their families.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/434aecb5398a.gif[/atsimg]

When you've got nothing left to argue with.

I'm a Hispanic immigrant. Not yet a citizen. I'm a Tea Party member.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I take that to mean we, who as Libertarians and Tea Party members that think we only seek justice are in fact considered as simply being racist who hate immigrants. Far from the truth! It is about protecting our borders. The passion for the obesvance of blatant law breaking and the government being so weird about handling the violation of national and state's law has sparked a flame of defense for more than just the border.

I have several foreign born friends who I dearly love that came as immigrants from places like India, Europe and S. America . There is plenty of room in my heart and life for these very people. All of these people followed a vetting process and had to wait for clearances that some people don't seem to understand the importance. Plus, are we supposed to accept freeloaders from all corners of the world who come here with hand out seeking freebies while our own children suffer? The undocumented freeloaders are draining resources we need better command over anyway. Those that went through the vetting are legal American Citizens and I notice they are largely Conservative because of their grounded in financial practicality. They understand the idea that one can't be spending more than they take in. Nor do they forget the cruelty of the government in their country of birth. Asylum yes, fence jumping... Please understand, we need to consider the needs of these people better who want to come here to live and work, too. We just can't allow millions to jump the border and then hear them claim they are taking it back without wondering if this is really an invasion of a subtle cooking the frog slowly kind. For the truth about that, observation or the results is all we have to go on when we decide how we feel.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

And likewise CNN/ABC/CBS/MSNBC/PBS/Al Jazeera demonized the Tea Party Protests but cheer on the Wisconsin protests.

Is it clearer for you now?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Probably because the TP people aren't a bunch of commies.

Probably because Union thugs are going to Republican representatives HOMES
and scaring the crap out of their families.

I suspect from your accusation that you wouldn't know a communist if Karl Marx wass tandind beside you.

As for Union thugs going to Republican homes...you mean protestors? Protesting outside the Govenors Mansion? Otherwise show me a credible link.

If anyone qualifies as a communist dictator here it would be the new Govenor who....

Denied access to the oppositions websites...

Sent State Troopers to the opposing politiciians

And now admits he considered PLANTING TROUBLE MAKERS IN THE CROWD..
www.buffalobeast.com...

and by the way if there is any question who the Gov of Wisc works for...listen to the call above where this guy pretends to be David Koch and calls the Gov.

Seriously....the Govenor is a corporate tool.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

The same people that organize this crap are the same people that organized One Nation.

Commies at One Nation

Trumka head of AFL CIO at One Nation

Trumka at Wisconsin

Commie revolutionaries at Wisconsin rally

They identify themselves as commies...So ask them if they know what they're talking about. K?

edit on 24-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks this is about the budget deficit is DELUSIONAL!!

This is about one thing, and one thing only: POLITICAL POWER

Right now, the 10 largest political donors in Wisconsin are composed of 8 Republican sponsors, and 2 unions sponsoring Democrats. If they take out the unions, it's smooth sailing. Also, the unions already agreed to the cuts, so that's not even the issue. What is the issue for them is having to give up any future bargaining/negotiation rights...so it would give the state the right to do whatever with those employees in terms of standards/salary/regulations/etc.

Anyone who is for democracy and freedom should see why this is wrong.

And all that "OMGOMGOMG communist" hogwash is laughable, just goes to show how easy it is to distract the gullible

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And yet everywhere you look you see commies...

Hmm..

You can dismiss it if you want, but where I'm from if it walks like a duck....

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Hmm..

What does government workers being forced to give up all rights to negotiate future contracts have to do with communism? Are you serious??

Every other employee can negotiate their contracts if they chose to...so why shouldn't government workers have the same right? And don't give me the old "small government, we don't need xyz" because we very well need proper teachers, firemen, police and similar services.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

1-Because government workers are dealing with tax payer money. They aren't entitled to more and more tax payer money.

2-It seems that everywhere Trumka is, everywhere unions are, theres a gaggle of commies leading the way.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

1-Because government workers are dealing with tax payer money. They aren't entitled to more and more tax payer money.

2-It seems that everywhere Trumka is, everywhere unions are, theres a gaggle of commies leading the way.

But they aren't getting more and more...hell, they already agreed to cuts!! But taking away their rights for future negotiations (not even reassurances!) is wrong and super easy to abuse.

If you seriously believe the main reason for this isn't the fact that the GOP wants to secure Wisconsin through taking out the 2 largest DEM sponsors, you don't see reality anymore. Again, they are agreeing to cuts, so it's not about deficits or them "taking more and more".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

reply to post by MrXYZ

Hmm..

What does government workers being forced to give up all rights to negotiate future contracts have to do with communism? Are you serious??

Because "they"( especially the business suited intellectuals like Van Jones who try to appeal to humanitarian ideals) are all about provoking chaos to bring down the current system. communist organizations are openly involved allover the world in these uprisings.

Every other employee can negotiate their contracts if they chose to...so why shouldn't government workers have the same right? And don't give me the old "small government, we don't need xyz" because we very well need proper teachers, firemen, police and similar services.
[/
edit on 24-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If they already agreed to cuts then we have nothing to argue about.

The premise of this thread, however, is why Fox cheers the Tea Party as opposed to cheering unions. I gave the reasons I've observed.

I do not agree with public sector collective bargaining of any sort and I believe public sector unions should be abolished.

You and I may not see eye to eye on that. And that's fine.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with it, collective bargaining is a racket. Employers should be free to negotiate independently with each individual that they employ.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Nothing wrong with it, collective bargaining is a racket. Employers should be free to negotiate independently with each individual that they employ.

Can't you see the hypocrisy here?

Banning groups of free men to gather and work in their own best interest. What if the same standard was applied to the Tea Party Movement or private militias.

Why should a government, state or federal, or corporation have preferential treatment over groups of citizens when they in and of themselves are a unified group of individuals.

I find it astonishing that people who trumpet the "constitution" only want it to apply in specific circumstances that benefit the groups THEY favor.

Either it applies to all or it's worthless.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

edit on 25-2-2011 by whaaa because: syntax

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Banning groups of free men to gather and work in their own best interest. What if the same standard was applied to the Tea Party Movement or private militias.

Who said anything about banning?

If someone won't negotiate their wages and benefits on an individual basis (rather than as part of a petulant mob) just fire them.

Originally posted by whaaa
I find it astonishing that people who trumpet the "constitution" only want it to apply in specific circumstances that benefit the groups THEY favor.

Either it applies to all or it's worthless.

Right, which is why employers should be free to fire people who won't negotiate wages and benefits on an individual basis (rather than as part of a petulant mob).

edit on 25-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We're not comparing apples to apples here.
Fox is the red channel, Republican, Conservative, even Tea Party, anti-Democrat.
Unions are 100% tied to the Democratic party thus open target for Fox bashing.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Then it's a philosophical difference we have...

I see companies and governments as groups of individuals wanting to impose their will on the people in regards to employment. Why shouldn't free men be allowed the same respect in being able to bargain collectively?

The way I see it....You want the lone individual at a disadvantage when dealing with a collective entity ex corp. govt; that's tyranny and fascism giving the control to a powerful group over the individual. That's not the democracy the constitution intended.

edit on 25-2-2011 by whaaa because: syntax

edit on 25-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join