It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fox news slams WI protests but cheered teaparty protests....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by whaaa

Public sector collective bargaining should be done like Texas does it.

Under Texas’ Local Government Code, local police and firefighters can obtain collective bargaining rights if they follow certain statutorily mandated steps. First, they must collect signatures from the lesser of 20,000 voters or five percent of the voting public. Once that threshold is met, then the majority of local voters are given the opportunity to vote in a referendum. If a majority of the voters elect to confer collective bargaining rights on their police and firefighters, only then do labor unions have the ability to negotiate with cities and counties on their members’ behalf.

FFS, even FDR, who was extremely pro labor, said that public sector unions were not viable.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The way I see it....You want the lone individual at a disadvantage when dealing with a collective entity ex corp. govt; that's tyranny and fascism giving the control to a powerful group over the individual. That's not the democracy the constitution intended.

The individual can choose to work somewhere that allows collective bargaining if they feel that way, forcing employers to allow it though is wrong.

If they're a valuable employee they will be compensated well or the employer risks losing them to a competitor (they have no need to enlist the help of a mob to be compensated justly).

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by MrXYZ

And yet everywhere you look you see commies...

Hmm..

You can dismiss it if you want, but where I'm from if it walks like a duck....

Check your glasses. Look for "Commies" everywhere and you will see them. Just ask Glen Beck.

Ironic that you spend the rest of your energy explaining that White Supremists attending Tea Party rallies does not make the Tea Party White Supremists...like I said...check your glasses. Your logic has been subjegated to your idealogy.

Secondly...you claimed "Union Thugs" were going to GOP member homes and threatening thier families etc.? Where is that proof? Second time I asked.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

yes its even more clear to me that fox are biast if thats the case.
2nd

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So two sources...And it's not even FOX News!

Next time do your own research.
edit on 25-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

(1) It's not my research to do. I provide sources for my claims...I suspect from your status that you have been around long enough to know how to do the same. Your claims...provide backing.

(2) You claimed that Union thugs had been sent to GOP lawmakers homes to scare the families....This was misleading. Protestors have protested at the homes of some GOP lawmakers...not "thugs" and not knocking on doors.

For context...
Walker Sends Wis. Troopers After Dem. Leader
www.theblaze.com...

It is amazing how much folks are willing to morph reality and compromise principle to serve an idealogy...

Sending State Troopers to peoples homes without legal justification...Sounds good!!

People assembling and protesting peacefully as thier constitutional rights afford them to..."Threatening thugs"!!!

Principles only mean something if you stick by them when they're inconvenient.

Take off the colored glasses...you can recognize that Walker is behaving like a corrupt dictator while at the same time being in favor of the policies he is trying to institute. I know you are not so mindless as to allow your sense of right and wrong to be lost in the fog of political passions.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Gov. Walker sent state troopers to their homes because BY LAW they are required to be present for the vote if they are in the state.

They left the state. You may not like it, but that is the law.

Secondly, these people ARE THUGS. They threaten people, and considering these idiots are salivating at the notion of turning Madison, Wisconsin into Cairo, Egypt-If these morons showed up to my home I'd be afraid for my family as well.

Also consider the fact that since this story made it to the national news real credible threats have been issued to nearly every republican senator in Madison.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So wait...Are you saying union thugs and State Police are the same thing?

Talk about twisting reality.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Fox News also shunned the Ron Paul Revolution and yet cheered on the Tea Party. The reason is the Tea Party is FOX's hijacking and rebranding of the Ron Paul Revolution. Tea Party is completely fake.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Gov. Walker sent state troopers to their homes because BY LAW they are required to be present for the vote if they are in the state.

They left the state. You may not like it, but that is the law.

Wow...here we go again. What law? That is funny because Walker and the GOP said they sent the troopers thier to intimidate and acknowledged no law was being broken.

Support your claims...do I really have to tell you that?..here is an example.

Wisconsin law does not allow police to arrest the lawmakers, but Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said he hoped the show of authority would pressure them to return. He would not say how many Democrats were being targeted, but said it was more than one.

dailycaller.com...

Wisconsin Governor May Have Violated Labor Law in Koch Call
www.thenation.com...

Former WI AG Says Walker May Have Broken Laws During Prank Phone Call
www.alan.com...

Watchdog Says Walker's Use of State Troopers Broke the Law
nationaljournal.com...

WATCHDOG EXPLORING CAMPAIGN FINANCE AND ETHICS LAW-BREAKING BY SCOTT WALKER DURING FAKE CALL WITH BILLIONAIRE “DAVID KOCH”

www.campaignmoney.org...

Secondly, these people ARE THUGS.

Opinion...and like certain parts of anatomy...everyone has one.

Unsupported opinions are about just as useful as unsupported claims...see above.
edit on 28-2-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So wait...Are you saying union thugs and State Police are the same thing?

Talk about twisting reality.

Not just colored glasses but now your idealogy has altered basic comprehension skills?

"Union thugs"...are what you call protestors excercising thier right to assemble and free speech.

State Troopers (no quotes required) are law enforcement employed by the government and in this case illegally deployed to intimidate politicians. Not opinion, the GOP in WI proudly admits that was the purpose of them being sent to homes.

It is a testimony to your emotional bias ruling over your logic centers that you continue to not be able to acknoiwledge those facts or distinctions..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Every news outlet uses these tactics.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Fox News also shunned the Ron Paul Revolution and yet cheered on the Tea Party. The reason is the Tea Party is FOX's hijacking and rebranding of the Ron Paul Revolution. Tea Party is completely fake.

That is not true. Fox's version of the Tea Party is fake, and irrelavent to the actual Tea Parties going on in each state and community. Here in Tallahassee we formed the group, and we started meeting and planning rallies, and then we added the Tea Party name, and then later on Fox News and the Palin Express grabbed on to the name.

The Tea Party is real, and hopefully it will survive the railroading by the GOP and FOX news opportunists.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Freedomworks/Dick Armey'Koch brothers/FOX et al...They are like an elephant trainer using one of those electric prods and sharp neck hook to train the elephant to do tricks on command.

The day that elephant/TP movement realizes it can crush it's abuser, there will be a reckoning and I will be a happy man.

Until that happens I can't back a movement that strangely prioritizes tax breaks for corporations before citizens and speaks of the constitution with a red pen in hand. Tax breaks for people first and freedom for everyone, not just those that agree with us or go to the same church....anything short of that and the TP is just a docile, abused elephant stomping loudly when told to.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The elephant came about before the trainer arrived, but otherwise I agree with you. The people you mention, saw an adolescent elephant, and they started bullying it around to get what they want. I don't agree with everything the Tea Party proposes, but I agree with the movement. We need some opposition to the establishment, and the 2-party system, and we need some mechanism to get common people involved in politics, because if we don't get them involved in politics, they will get themselves involved in a revolution! I believe the Tea Party is the only thing standing between real political reform, and outright Egyptian style chaos and revolt.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Looks like thuggery to me....

Uh oh....More commie revolution propaganda..Commie revolution are typically VERY violent, and quite scary.

Talking about class warfare and holding revolutions is a fetish for these people:

Yep...So when you have THUGS like this making threats about revolution and stoking these types of flames, when these people show up to someone's home with these types of signs, making threats of revolution and claiming class warfare...How are people supposed to feel about it hmmm? Or is it only ok to issue threats if the GOP is in power?

As far as what law, I was under the impression it was a continuity law, some state have them and I figured this is why state troopers were sent out. If that's not the case then I accept the correction.

And finally, wanna tone down the personal quips there?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
One thing about Foxnews....

Notice the desk of Glenn Beck on his show? Why's that "G" stand out so? Have we known him as "Glenn".....or merely as "Beck"?

Where else do you see a "G" used as a symbol so largely? The Masons.

Foxnews is Mason news. Otherwise Beck's Desk would have the "B" standing out more....not the "G".

The "G" has a meaning to the Masons. Does anyone know what it is?
edit on 28-2-2011 by Pervius because: spellin

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Yep...So when you have THUGS like this making threats about revolution and stoking these types of flames, when these people show up to someone's home with these types of signs, making threats of revolution and claiming class warfare...How are people supposed to feel about it hmmm? Or is it only ok to issue threats if the GOP is in power?

Yah that old man flicking off the protestors and that girl in glasses talking about defiance and unity...they really looked like "THUGS".

I suffered through all of those TP vids where the commonality is always the strange way in which the vid never shows how the confrontation began...only somebody being badgered by TP folks and then the claim of what thugery?

One man had a camera shoved into his face and pushed it away...The TP folks slow down the vid for drama, but really WTF? Shove a phone cam inches in front of my face and I am going to slap it away as well.

The editing? Footage always begins mid-argument and ends precipitously. How dumb do they think we are? The editing is painful.

The Freedworks tag in the vid tells you everything you need to know.

As far as what law, I was under the impression it was a continuity law, some state have them and I figured this is why state troopers were sent out. If that's not the case then I accept the correction.

"accept the correction"??? Whoa there...please contain your outrage. I am sure you will be OK with a Dem. Gov. someplace sending Troopers to TP minority member homes...just as a "show of authority"

Wisconsin law does not allow police to arrest the lawmakers, but Fitzgerald said he hoped the show of authority would pressure them to return

www.daily-chronicle.com...

...nothing frighteningly undemocratic about that.

Protestors excercising their 1st amendment rights?,...Effen Commie thugs.

Just incredible...mind blowing.

It has been my experience that a crook believes all people are corrupt...a liar believes all people lie etc.

The TPs utter silence on such an action simply confirms that moral relativism is not so much a charachteristic of liberals, but rather a projection of qualities that the far right shamelessy embrace. It's only tyranny if the dictator disagreews with you.

Guess what? Troopers are finally knocking on doors without justification for the purposes of intimidation...just as the far right predicted..ironically it is the far right that is doing it.

Real life politicians are admitting that planting trouble makers within the protests was an option they had on the table...just like the far right and TP always feared was happening...except it is the far right that has been busted considering the tactic.

BTW - What has less political risk than planting protestors?...provoke them and only film thier responses.

Protesters as "commie thugs" hell bent on revolution...At least Gadaffi was creative and claimed his protestors were young people on drugs given to them by Al-Qaida.

Both hold as much veracity IMO. Not to say some of the protestors in Libya aren't on drugs and that some of the protestors in WI aren't self declared communists....but c'mon...seriously? There have also been streakers...Is this really a revolution of Nudists to make the rest of the USA become nudists!!

Dictator tactics, Abuse of power, Propaganda..

I find every tactic employed by the TP, Freedomworks and Walker to be unamerican and offensive to our democracy and wait for it...our founding fathers would be in the streets if they were alive today and sure wouldn't be carrying TP signs...and I do know how many of them were alive when slavery was abolished
...does that make me an "elitist" educated in a "Commie" school?

edit on 1-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (expanded on moral relativism to explain my meaning)

edit on 1-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join