It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another large quake hits Christchurch New Zealand

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Another strange co-incedence was that the NZ army were were doing an excersise in Christchurch city this afternoon. They were straight on hand to help out.............

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Hey Grantbeed theyve been mentioning recently on TV3 about the Lyttelton suburb being supposedly in an unlivable state... im assuming they means its flattened any idea if this is true or slight exaggeration?

Im ashamed to say that while a NZer I know little about Christchurch
im assuming its the same Lyttelton the quake was centered on. Always thought of Lyttelton being a separate place, although I guess its like the Northshore in Auckland and Orewa etc

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Lyttleton is a small port on the other side of the mountain from Christchurch (a seperate place about 15min drive). The two are connected by an underground tunnel (which is now closed)

They are stating on the news that both Lyttleton and New Brighton (in christchurch) are unliveable. I'm guessing they mean that many buildings are destroyed and there may be massive amounts of liquifaction.

The liquifaction I saw on the way home from Central Christchurch was shocking. Sandy water was bubbling up from the ground. Main 4 lane motorways were raised up and water was flooding them upto 1-2 feet deep in places.

I should add that Lyttleton harbour is an extinct volcano

edit on 21-2-2011 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Largest aftershock so far has been 5.7!

I expect a sleepless night for most of us here in Christchurch. A level 3 emergency has been declared which is the highest for a regional disaster in NZ.

Teams are using sniffer dogs now to locate trapped people and fires are still raging in central city.

The central city looks like a war zone, it looks unrecognizable.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Our thoughts and prayers are with you in NZ. Stay strong for one another. The world knows of this, and help will be on the way.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the updates all...i am in amazement i hear barely anything on the news here in Canada, or even on this site.

How is this not on the front page or anything?

I hope everyone remains as calm as possible and band together.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am in Auckland, watching TV3's live coverage - it's appalling! I know no one in Christchurch, but my son (who works at Welly hospital) does..
He told me Christchurch hospital is being evacuated - or at least, they are preparing for that in Wellington.
People with faces covered in blood and a woman rescued from the roof of a collapsed building Horrific! My prayers are going out to them..
Vicky

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
65 now confirmed dead. wow

my thoughts and prayers go out to our Kiwi brothers and sisters

Wal
edit on 21-2-2011 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Just off the News, they say the Prime Ministers announced the current revised death toll is 65 at the moment. It'll get higher most assuredly unfortunately, inevitably.

Edit:- Opps, beaten to it while typing.

edit on 21-2-2011 by BigfootNZ because: Hmmm

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What pisses me off is that while people are speculating about a "certain ice age" and Nibiru there are people dying in Christchurch.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Live Coverage from Christchurch: www.3news.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Helicopter footage of Christchurch after quake - Video

www.3news.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

And gee, another huge quake right after a massive solar flare. Of course, I don't dare mention a possible connection between the two, because then every skeptic on ATS would be on here, trying to debunk the connection between solar flares and earthquakes....but yet, all I will say is....it happened again.

I don't care what the debunkers say.....I know that there is a connection between massive solar flares and increased earthquake activity.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Whales stranded themselves in Wellington too!!

Stranded Whales

There must surely be a connection.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Solar Flare. Yeah and a black cat jumped my fence 10 minutes before it happened too.

However, visit www.stuff.co.nz for updated photos. Some amazing shots and amazing resues. 65 dead so fra. I'd say it will be at least 235. Lets see. We haven't even seen the suburbs but a friends house is wrecked and the hill suburbs over the hill are cut off.

It's a lesser but shallow quake and thereofre most devastating. Christchurch will recover from this.... maybe!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Co-incidence? Are you suggesting the army could set off an earthquake? What are you suggesting becuase this is a type of comment I'd expect from paranoid Americans not a Kiwi!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by matthewm
It's time to put our faith in God

But.....but.... Christs-church was just destroyed by an "act of god".

Have you seen the steeple?

Maybe God is sending a sign for people to stay away from religion, who knows.

edit on 22-2-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

My thoughts go out to all the chrischurch residents, I have been following the coverage on tv3. I am so sorry for your losses and can only hope they are kept to a minimum.

Kia kaha to you all.

A big thankyou to all the international countries offering your aid, Aussie, Japan, America, just to name a few of the ones I heard reported.

Im so sorry, i wish there was somthing i could say to make it all better . . . . but there isnt

I feel useless sitting here in the waikato doing nothing but typing useless words, I not sure what i can do to help,

Keeps your heads up, im sure it will get better.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Co-incidence? Are you suggesting the army could set off an earthquake? What are you suggesting becuase this is a type of comment I'd expect from paranoid Americans not a Kiwi!

I dont think he's really implying anything like that, it is just a co-incidence. But remember where on a conspiracy website
so you never know... **looks suspiciously to his left and right**

Kiwisoul:- Another Waikato resident here also. We cant really do anything, paying attention to the situation is good enough really since I still think the notion of directed positive thought has some benefit either pray or mass mental focusing on an event. Along with donating some money when its eventually asked for also, they'll need it.

Its interesting how in the afternoon when they where doing a press talk with Bill English and the head of CD that they mentioned something along the lines of financial aid to those Christchurch residents that would choose to leave the city and area to live elsewhere due to the quakes. Wonder how many would want to abandon the place?.. thats if what I heard was correct wasnt paying a huge amount of attention during it, dont like listening to politicians during events like this. I dont see many NZers doing any like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join