It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libian Colonals Defect to Malta:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
After being ordered to bomb their own people the two Senior Pilots have defected unanounced and landed in Malta with two fighter jets and a number of Helicopters.
It also been suggested that Mercenaries bussed in to fire on the protesters were hired by Belaconi of Italy.
Gaddafi and Family have left Lybia however Venezualia deny he has flown there.

Aljazeera News.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's getting crazy we are expecting a lot more, I am at Luqa airport as I type. Air traffic seems usual for now though.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
It's getting crazy we are expecting a lot more, I am at Luqa airport as I type. Air traffic seems usual for now though.

Peace

Sorry I'm not familiar with the name of that Airport excuse my ignorance - can you clarify.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry, of course, Luqa is Malta's only airport.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Aljazeera have reported that 7 Embassy Diplomats throughout the world have now resigned but London Embassador still hanging on and creating unrest in London outside Libyan Embassy.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Defectors

Story up on Drudge. I would like to think no pilots would bomb their own people!
edit on 21-2-2011 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This from the BBC:

Ominous news from our colleagues over at BBC Monitoring: "'Libyan military source confirms orders were issued for the aerial bombardment of Benghazi within two hours,'" reported Al-Arabiya TV in an urgent screen caption at 1947 GMT."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If he is part of Gaddafis tribe then he will stay until the bitter end I fear.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This is very close to Europe and it seems Italy will be in a very difficult position (if WW11 is anything to go by - they didn't know who's side they were on - usually the wrong side)

Several Countries assisting their Nationals to get out of Libya.

BP and other Oil Companies removing their staff. Apparently 79% of Libyas Oil goes to Europe.

The whole world is changing fast!

This amount of unrest could well lead to WW111 - It's changing all boarders and stratigic points/footholds.

top topics

join