It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron arrives for Egypt visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

David Cameron arrives for Egypt visit

www.bbc.co.uk

David Cameron has arrived in Egypt, the first world leader to visit the country since President Hosni Mubarak was forced out of office.

The UK prime minister will hold talks with officials from the country, which is under military rule.

He said his visit was a "great opportunity" to push for democracy to be established in Egypt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It is interesting to see the SPEED at which an important Western leader has visited and engaged the New Egyptian authorities....

It goes to illustrate that TPTB feel a little threatend and de-stabilised by recent events.......... By getting in quickly is it a sign to try and maintain Suez canal passage or is Egypt seen by the West as the most powerful and Strategic partner in that area.........Time will tell i guess....

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-2-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Cameron has gone there because the israelis have told him to patch up things before IDF decides to blast the iranian warships out of the Suez canal.

Cameron & Co are just moulding the new leadership of Egypt to something simillar or worse than Mubarrak.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

forklift

If they are there to 'mould' the new regime then I guess (if we are all here in 10 years) that the public of Eygpt will again be rebelling against their masters...... I suspect that after readin and watching a few threads about the USA recently that possible civil unrest and disobiedience is closer to home than TPTB would ever want it to be..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It will probably be kept under the carpet as much as possible, but he like other Countries leaders are only interested in molding a new leadership that are on good terms with his country.

It's a shame really, they had & still have an excellent opportunity to show the entire world they actually care about us (normal everyday citizens).
With these protests going on, innocent people being killed by their military. There is a very real chance to stand up & shout .. THIS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

If only

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i'm NOT so cynical about the motives here ..

I think this visit is a Positive recognition of change, coming so soon after the great up-heaval of the past few weeks.
Granted, there maybe be a political adgenda for the UK PM to follow with the New Military leaders of Egypt, BUT it should act as a recognition to the people that THEIR change has been endorsed....

It is also a brave action to put yourself in such a place of current turmoil...... How many other 'leaders' would do this so quickly ??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I would imagine the trip wouldn't have been made unless his safety is absolutely guaranteed. As if they were visiting Iraq or Afghanistan it would be to the safe zones.

I realise I sound very cynical, I would try to be more optimistic towards Government, but it still seems like they serve the few instead of the many & that never sits well with me.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JustCurious1

JC1

I agree with you, currently the Government of the time appears to serve the minority in the face of the majority.......However when the majority speaks it is usually incoherent, self centred, woe is me attitude that I sometimes think is a pointless way forward.....

We all (me included) have this wonderful Ideal that everyone should be free to do and say what they want, to go and have everything they want, to be tended to and looked after whenever needed........... unfortunately that will never happen for many reasons.....it is a romantic notion of how the world should be ...

Regarding safety, in this world, nothing is Guaranteed anymore...

Regards

PDUK

ps - I love the Pembrokeshire coast, brilliant for some surfing and coastal walks..... one of my favourite locations to visit..

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
the west are trying to steer the outcome.... its a democratic revolution...with an islamic twist...hahah ride it cowboy.....

to add...what a bunch of lame geeks these new uk leaders are...cameron and the lame oppositin leader, i forget the name...what does cameron think hes gonna get from going there....there are top guys in egypt who will laugh in his face and belittle any comments/suggestions he has

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

TP

I really do not think the West will have much influence over these changes of power and I fear that they will become more radicalised over time......... I guess if we appear friendly then it's the least we can do.....

Without going all political, I get a feel for your dislike of the current UK Government, but do you think the other lot of half breeds could do any better...... really ??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

TP

I really do not think the West will have much influence over these changes of power and I fear that they will become more radicalised over time......... I guess if we appear friendly then it's the least we can do.....

Without going all political, I get a feel for your dislike of the current UK Government, but do you think the other lot of half breeds could do any better...... really ??

Regards

PDUK

i dont have a dislike...i think our standards of leaders has dropped drastically after blair...just look at cameron and miliband...they look like losers from day one...

they are blinded by agendas they are hiding...good luck to them.
TRUST ME...THE MORE THEY INTERFERE AND PUSH...THE MORE CHANCE THEY HAVE OF MAKING THIS SITUATION VERY BLEEK.

MY UNDERSTANDING IS ...THIS IS AN INTERNAL AFFAIR...EGYPTS FOREIGN POLICY HAS NO IMMEDIATE THREAT OF CHANGING....UK SHOULD BIDE THEIR TIME BY ASSESTING THE PEOPLE FROM AFFAR....THEN LATER TALK ABOUT THE DELIVERY OF DEMOCRACY...well it was pro democratic people that started this....but it wasnt them that finished it....IF THEY WANTED TO REMOVE MUBARAK..THIS MEANS THEY ALSO WANT TO REMOVE THE ESSENCE OF WHAT MADE HIM DO WHAT HE DID.. THE WEST! IF THEY ARE SEEN IN THE REVOLT PROCESS...AT ALL...THEY WILL BE CLASSED AS ENEMYS OF THE PEOPLE....cameron needs to sort out the mess in the UK and let william hague deal with this....but his zionistic agenda wont let him.

TO ADD....CAMERON WAS IN THE SAME CLASS AS A ROTHCHILD...DAVID IS A JEW NAME...HMMMM?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Does everything really have anything to do with the Jewish people?

Seems some always bring up the jewish issue,when ever there is a incident,protest,conflict in the Middle EST.

Does become annoying after a while. Do you know why Cameron is there. Easy Oil and Gas Resources, after all,Egypt is a major Stragetic,resource for the UK.

Cameron should not be there. While there is massacarres going on right now in Lybia.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
TP

Names have Many meanings........

David.....
www.baby-names-meanings.net...

Pharaoh......
www.baby-names-meanings.net...

Interestingly the name Pharaoh = He Disperses, He spoils ..??

Regards

PDUK
edit on 21-2-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition of text

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Does everything really have anything to do with the Jewish people?

Seems some always bring up the jewish issue,when ever there is a incident,protest,conflict in the Middle EST.

Does become annoying after a while. Do you know why Cameron is there. Easy Oil and Gas Resources, after all,Egypt is a major Stragetic,resource for the UK.

Cameron should not be there. While there is massacarres going on right now in Lybia.

[snip]
cameron is there to use the uk flag to help ease his zionist friends worries...ie ISREAL.

to add the isrealis wanted to make themselves an issue..,.so why complain now.
camerons not there for oil...stop being naive...he is their to influence and profile/monitor the situation

one more thing...he is not scared of libya...after all it is coastal cities...european mercinaries - NOT african like reported...arrive on boats etc
edit on 21-2-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/2/11 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Are you calling me an Idiot? If so then apologise. I am not taking derogatory remarks from any one here. Or I will pass your remarks on to the Moderators. After all there are rules with regards to personal attacks. You might want to read them.

People in here can see why,Cameron is in Egypt. Not for Israel as you put it. But for the Oil, Gas supplies,Trade and Security.
edit on 21-2-2011 by AnonymousFem because: To Fix Content

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
E.U. Officials are now following suit. E.U.Offiicials are visiting Egypt tonight. Also now there is criticism comming from the EU with regards to Lybia,a little too late in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I do not think the Israelies have any hold over the UK EXCEPT for the fact that they DO own the USA.....

I think D.Cameron is actually trying to build a credile presence by being in on the action early !!! Note EU leaders as mentioned by AnonFem are soon too follow....

Strange that, UK goes in first, Europe Follows afterwards........... Haven't I seen that before somewhere......

As for the Idiot comment, then it takes one to know one and I don't think for a moment that AnonFem is one so that MUST ??? put the others in the clear ???

PDUK
edit on 21-2-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

[snip] you would still blame it on Israel,

After all the UK did vote in favour of condemming Israel with regards to thier settlements.
edit on 21/2/11 by masqua because: Off Topic comments removed

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thank you for trying to stick up for me it is much appreciated!

Would it not be ironic. Cameron goes there to,meet the Egyptian Government and is assasinated. I do wonder how the UK wouldreact to that.

Ops wait it would be Israels fault

edit on 21-2-2011 by AnonymousFem because: To Fix Spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join