It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are 500 million planets in OUR OWN GALAXY capable of producing life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by SystemResistor

how long do you think it would take us to search the universe?

Thats an easy one! Since the universe is Infinite, it would take an Infinite amount of time to search it!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

"The hour has arrived to change our militant attitude and to offer our friendship and affection to our brother visitors from space, since they come to help us, not to destroy us."

Cosmic Ships by Samael Aun Weor

See also: About the "Red Star" of Hopi Prophecy or the Red Planet Hercolubus.

"The ego is not unique to this planet, nor is black magic. There are other planets with degenerated humanities. It just happens that we have a bad reputation in our neighborhood."

"The consequences of the Kundabuffer Organ are always the Egos, in any humanity! Other planetary humanities develop ego, up to 10% and thereafter, their Monads (through the Great Work) control the fires of desire and become Gods, Angels knowing good and evil.

"This Humanity of the Earth has 97% ego because a miscalculation of transfinite mathematics made by the Cosmocreator Sakaki. Many Cosmocreators, Avatars and angels were sent to the earth in order to correct this cosmic mistake; many of them fornicated with the women of this humanity and became demons. This mistake is very rare in the cosmos and has its roots in Karma of previous Mahamanvantaras.

"The Master-Monads that emerge from the mud of this planet Earth develop a great amount of willpower and their Mastery is above the average in the cosmos, but "Many are called and few are chosen"."

edit on 20-2-2011 by Tamahu because: edited link

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
Looks like an interesting article ty for posting the link
I'll read that properly after tea.

There are 2 articles there. The www.unexplained-mysteries.com... one is most relevant to this.

Originally posted by Versa

Lots of UFOs display signs or inter-dimensional behaviour.

Pure speculation so I'm not going to agree with you on that point just yet

Take a look at Jacques Vallee's work. His book Dimensions explains. Basically a purely physical 'this universe' explanation cannot explain all of the UFO and alien data.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Tell this news to the UFO skeptics and watch their face turn red as they frantically shower you with their typical mind numbing two dimensional arguments. I just laugh at everything they say hysterically. It's not like I'm going to get very far with them in a debate, as they have zero common sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

its actually quite disapointing most astronomers were expecting more. But we have to wait for the full results before we can say for sure. Just look at this estimate from 2002 news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 20-2-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by hotrice

Well then , scientists AND NASA , are caught again with "their pants down"...
I mean , in all those 500 milion planets , NOT IN ONE OF THEM THERE IS LIFE?!
how so?!

I think the 60 alien species visiting earth should seriously be reconsidered and the governments THAT KNOW OF INTELIGENT ALIEN LIFE to say it to the public!

thanks for taking a cool, scientific thread about astronomy and turning it into something about aliens visiting earth and government coverups

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by hotrice

Well then , scientists AND NASA , are caught again with "their pants down"...
I mean , in all those 500 milion planets , NOT IN ONE OF THEM THERE IS LIFE?!
how so?!

I think the 60 alien species visiting earth should seriously be reconsidered and the governments THAT KNOW OF INTELIGENT ALIEN LIFE to say it to the public!

thanks for taking a cool, scientific thread about astronomy and turning it into something about aliens visiting earth and government coverups

Scientists have never discounted the chances of life on other planets, but they are rightly sceptical of any chance of visitation

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don't get mad when people don't believe that we are the only intelligent species in the universe. i consider them ignorant, but not in a negative way. they simply lack the knowledge of how incredibly vast our universe/multi-verse actually is. this information will not make everyone believe unfortunately. there will still be those stubborn and close minded. we, the citizens of earth are ready for disclosure. for complete disclosure is the only way we can advance as a species.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
according to the Plieadians there are 4.6billinos planets in our galaxy with human life on it. and they are all having the same problems as we are, some have already begun nuclear warfare.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

eeps! don't overload me! I have a small brain that barely functions

with regard to the plasma lifeforms being studied this sentence did jump out at me

The researchers studied environmental conditions similar to those that existed on the Earth before life began, when the planet was enveloped in electric storms that caused ionized gases to form in the atmosphere.
SOURCE

So, while I accept and agree that there may well be other forms of life that we are not currently able to recognise or understand, wouldn't this particular form of 'life' would need conditions similar to those that previously existed on the Earth?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a very interesting study nevertheless. For all we know, the universe could be teeming with life.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You all realize that...

Well, this is hard for me to type because I am piss ridiculous excited

500 million in safe zone. And that's an understatement:

And that’s a minimum because these stars can have more than one planet and Kepler has yet to get a long enough glimpse to see stars that are further out from the star, like Earth, Borucki said. For example, if Kepler were 1,000 light years from Earth and looking at our sun and noticed Venus passing by, there’s only a one-in-eight chance that Earth would also be seen, astronomers said. www.thestar.com...

So lets multiply that number, not by 8, because that's being optimistic, but by 4. That's 2billion planets in the GoldieLocks zone. Let's say 1% of that number actually sustain life: 20 million. And lets say that 1% of those species on those planets are within 10,000 years of approximate technological advancements (both ways): 200,000 planets. To assume that we have beings out of those planets who have learned to bend space time or utilize Heim Theory (en.wikipedia.org...) for travel let's say its another 1%...that's 2,000 planets. But if you want to dwindle that number down...it could be something like a .1% chance making it 200 planets with species holding god-like technology. And assuming only 50% learned not to destroy themselves in war...you have around 100 planets with species capable of traveling the galaxy with relative ease. Which reminds me of this: www.youtube.com...=399 (Yeah, Greer might be an opportunist, lying prick [from my opinion], but lets ignore the man for 15 seconds)

Now all of that is conjecture, but it makes one wonder. It also fills my heart with hope.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Well i personally think the universe is packed with life, but complex life is rare and intelligent life like ourselves even rarer...but given the size of the universe rare is still a lot. Of course people shouldn't be silly enough to somehow link this information to aliens in spaceships zooming about earth.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

I'm gonna have to disagree with your ignorance as far as that we would be among the intelligent life in the universe.

1) We kill each other out of greed,power and religion just to name a few, by the millions each and every year.

2) We continue to destroy our planet by tossing our trash in dump sites that doesn't break down into material that is healthy for anything surviving animals or people that live close to it.

4) We allow our government to make policies that continue to build industrialized products for the masses and then throw their toxic waste either in the air or in our waters that damages anything that breaths or drinks it.

5) We take from mother earth and we don't give back but thats normal for us because for the most part we do it to each other everyday. Survival of the fittest is our term for it.

I could go on all day like that this but I think you get the jist of what I'm trying to say here.
Earth and its people are mentally ill for the most part. Myself included as I slowly start to realize that what I do or don't do has a direct impact on everything and everyone around me and change my living habits.

If there hadn't been any wars and freedom of religion was accepted as a personal lifestyle choice. Race would never have an issue so we would all have lived in peace and harmony allowing everyone access to the finest education known to man. I wonder how far we would be now?

I feel there is hope for mankind yet! But I'd like to think that there is in fact more intelligent life out there.

Ah well I always have been a dreamer.........

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't think even a UFO/Alien skeptic will argue the fact that there is a great chance that the universe it teaming with life. Life at all stages probably.

The real deal is whether is has ever visited here, and we can't get to the bottom of that questions with the shear amount of absurd lunacy and ignorance that this very subject invokes. Newer to the board, and reading through some of these threads makes my head hurt.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
And if you believe Earth is the ONLY planet out of those 500 million that produced intelligent life so far, I gotta bridge in Kansas I'd like to sell you.

Here's the tricky part though. The Earth has been around for about 4.6 billion years, and intelligent life here has only existed for a very small fraction of that time.

So IF intelligent life has existed elsewhere in the galaxy, then WHEN? And for HOW LONG?

Even though WE are intelligent life forms, we are still "trapped" on our planet. We are not intelligent enough to escape if danger comes. So we could still be wiped out.

The same goes for the other planets out there in our galaxy. They may have - at one point - developed intelligent life, but what if that happened over 1 billion years ago, and they got wiped out by a super nova, or a large collision?

To the contrary, what happens to "intelligent" life that LEAVES THEIR HOME PLANET? Do they spread through out the galaxy? Do they look for intelligent life? Do they live for BILLIONS of years? Do they get advanced enough to LEAVE our universe? If so, how long does that take for them to accomplish?

So even if intelligent life has developed on other planets, our chances of finding them must be very slim. They will either get wiped out, or leave our universe on their journey.

Crazy thoughts.
edit on 20-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
And assuming only 50% learned not to destroy themselves in war...you have around 100 planets with species capable of traveling the galaxy with relative ease

it can be dwindled down further by adding wiped out by disease or natural disaster so take a few off for that, also add in that many of them may be yet to evolve so dwindle it down a bit more in all honesty it could be dwindled down to just us so don't pee your pants just yet

BIG STAR for making me giggle though with this comment

Originally posted by TheOneElectricWell, this is hard for me to type because I am piss ridiculous excited

edit on 20-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

50 Billion planets in just the Milky Way alone is quite staggering.

A German supercomputer came up with a figure of 500 Billion galaxies in the Universe.

www.universetoday.com...

If all the galaxies had about the same amount of planets as the Milky Way, 500 Billion x 50 Billion, we'd be looking at roughly 2.5e+22 planets in the Universe. Of which, 2.5e+20 or 2,500,000,000,000,000,000,000 are planets in the "Goldilocks Zone."

So 2.5 Sextillion or 2.5 Trilliard planets in the Universe, and we are the most advanced? We are the only inteligent life? What are the odds of that?? 2.5 Sextillion to 1?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

There are trilliions of planets , billions of stars, trillions of gallexies, and who knows how many universes.
Space travel takes alot of advanced technology. our nearest stear is 4.2 light years away.
I would speculate that our species is around 1000 years away from having the technology to even come close to traveling to our nearest star. Intersteller traval requires exotic energies that our best sci-fi writers havn't even dreamed of yet. Radio waves even have a physicle limit at the speed they can travel.
Even if there are 10, 100, 1000, 1 000 000 other civilisations out there in the multi-verse, we like them have very little chance of communicating with each other. The distances are too vast.
Inter dimensional travel sounds interesting,but we are a million years away from that sort of tech if its even possible!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think this can only continue to confirm the idea that their must be some sort of life on other planets. And with 500 million+ in the Milky Way by itself, I think we can safely assume it's complex life.

Our problem is that most likely, we could go our entire existence without discovering life on other planets, especially with the lack of interest (in comparison with the 60's and 70's) in space exploration. The vast distances required to travel and the fact that just because there is life doesn't mean that it's life that nessesarily depends on the same things we depend on to exist may doom our search. Hell, the moons of Saturn and Jupiter may have life, in our own backyard. But no one really cares. What we need is most likely a confirmation of life that reaches us from some sort of extraterrestrial civilization or a confirmed habitable planet within our part of the galaxy to get someone to throw out the funding to get there.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mespen
reply to post by hotrice

I would speculate that our species is around 1000 years away from having the technology to even come close to traveling to our nearest star. Intersteller traval requires exotic energies that our best sci-fi writers havn't even dreamed of yet. Radio waves even have a physicle limit at the speed they can travel.
Even if there are 10, 100, 1000, 1 000 000 other civilisations out there in the multi-verse, we like them have very little chance of communicating with each other. The distances are too vast.
Inter dimensional travel sounds interesting,but we are a million years away from that sort of tech if its even possible!

Perhaps we are 1,000 years off from technology of that level. Perhaps we are 10,000 or 100,000 years off. Even 100,000 years is a blink of an eye when you consider the current guestimation by science to age the Universe at 13.7 Billion years.

Let us also consider Earth and are violent past. Look at the different extinction events Earth has endured, but none the less, evolution has been set back or slowed down. Conversely, a comet or other foreign collision may be viewed as the needed catalyst to promote evolution here on Earth. How many of those trillions of planets were left to evolve uninterupted? Or how many evolved fast enough to protect themselves from ELE's? How many of them got a 100,000 year head start on us?

Let us also consider the Radio Wave as a communique. What is the real shelf life of the technology? It appears here on Earth, after 100 years of using it, we may be approaching a faster means of communication. Take a look at Quantum Entanglement. Studies are showing that two entangled particles are "communicating" faster than the speed of C.

Let me be clear here. At this point in time there is no way to use Quantum Entanglement or "Spooky Action at a Distance" as a form of communication. It is the interaction, between the two or three paired particles, that is being measured.

I'm simply pointing this out to show that forms of communication may soon evolve that may render radio obsolete. Will it evolve from Quantum Entanglement, I don't know. If we, humans, are left to technologically evolve without cataclysm, for the next 1000 years, I would be very suprised if radio waves and petrol based propulsion are still the prefered means.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join