It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Announces Run for Presidency -- Indirectly. Let's Give Him a President's Day to Remember

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Please delete the double-post.

Before I forget, S+F for the OP.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ron is for sure, my choice because it would be nice to send to the office of President, someone who isn't a puppet for big business, biug pharma, lobbyist's poster boy, a DC insider to get this nation in order once & for all. My concern is that (as some have touch upon in this thread) are the two major political partys' spin machines ruining his chances as they do with information and propaganda that are rooted in flasehoods, lies and half truths. The American people deserve someone with the common sense such as Ron Paul has that can run our nation for the people rather than against the people as the recent collection of crooks have done in recent decades where we now will face invisible enemys for years to come only because of the lies of some certain administrations desires to make war for self serving purposes and profits for their military industrial complex friends. No longer would good people go to jail for growing a plant that was outlawed on the Senate floor in the 1930's based upon lies along with spin based politics. No more would America have to be forced to select from only dangerous man made drugs from Big Pharma enforced by the puppets in the DEA. America would have a real chance to pay her debts due to the obsolete agencys & departments Ron would get rid of like the Department of Homeland Security, The Commerce Agency, The IRS and others. No longer would the American people be burdened with funding and paying for agencys that often time work against them rather than for them.

America would have an ally in the White House rather than just another big mouthed lying political career lawyer or business crook whose agenda is to do all the right things to get in office, then to resort to bailing out his buddy's companys & firms who supported him, and place a few select friends into positions of authority within agencys, departments & cabinets. No longer would Americans have to be ashamed of being an American while visiting overseas locales and endure the rath of locals who have experienced the efforts of "spreading of freedom" while burying their children and loved ones. Americans could feel at ease as well as proud about their President if Ron is elected because they could sleep well at night knowing that finally, common sense was placed into the White House instead of just another puppet controlled by the same tired and worn out institution as we have become accustomed to.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If only there were a pro liberty candidate on the left! Two pro liberty candidates could very well be the means to thwart the media puppets that are foisted upon us by the mainstream media every day. This is of course assuming that neither candidate would be assassinated, bought out or otherwise brought into "the fold".

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakenone
If you want Ron Paul to be the President, then take it upon yourself to put him in that position. Face it, the media will not cover him as much as the other candidates and with lack of exposure means no win. The best way is, we need to create a "hype" much of it in marketing. Lets take the revolution in Egyp for example. How that started, and how that came to be? The power of Social Networking. You want him to be the president? Then band together and start networking.
edit on 20-2-2011 by awakenone because: (no reason given)
Very well said,Social Networking is all that they have in the Middle East and look what they are doing with it.

Also with unity, demonstration and boycott we as a force can make the media report on Ron Paul,its all about rateing's in this country so the more news you create the more coverage you will get.This will also make the Tea Party show it's hand as to weather they want real change or just the status quo.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a well educated american who wants good things for the american people.
Even if he doesn't win...at least his message will get covered by the MSM and hopefully
spread the word that the constitution is the answer.

reLOVElution.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Until I started listening to Ron Paul I did not know that the banks actually loaned money to people that they did not have. He was talking about the Federal Reserve and the banks and the fractional reserve banking system and It made me think.

If the bank makes a $500.000 loan to me to buy a house and I put down 20% or $100,000 and then sign on to pay them 6.5% interest per year on it for a 20 year note they will have made a total of $315,750.21.

With fractional reserve banking the bank did not really have the initial $500,000 since they only have to have about 10 cents on the dollar in reserve. In reality they brought less to the table then I did with my 20% down. In reality they could loan a million from my new loan because my $100,000 down would now be on their books so they could have had no money and still made double their money from their fractional holding.

I started to think about this obvious fraud and I have to thank Ron Paul for that. I would have no dealings with banks at all if it was possible. They are the worse kind of thief. They are thieves that have government approval and support and are fully sanctioned to allow their criminal enterprise.
edit on 20-2-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

RP represents my congressional district!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't want Ron Paul to run for president. I want the people to appoint him.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
If only there were a pro liberty candidate on the left! Two pro liberty candidates could very well be the means to thwart the media puppets that are foisted upon us by the mainstream media every day. This is of course assuming that neither candidate would be assassinated, bought out or otherwise brought into "the fold".

... Or America can wake up and see that his goals transcend party affiliation. If he wanted to run the country like any other president, he'd scare the crap out of me as I oppose several of his personal views but... it doesn't matter!

He wants to give the power back to the states so I'd vote for hims regardless of his personal views. I LOVE the state and bio-region I live in... I'm just not to thrilled about being in the States. If we got the sovereignty Ron Paul wants to give us, it wouldn't matter if you agree with him on health care or immigration or whoever took office after him. I'd vote for anybody that aimed to do that and I wouldn't care if they promoted bestiality or pouring toxic waste in my back yard because it would not matter as they would not have the power to do so.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The problem is he is OLD - the past losers were Bob Dole & John McCain - it appears we can't get anyone young to run (aside from GWB). So we need a young, smart, able to beat BO person to run.
Rand Paul would be great if he follows in his father's footsteps. After all he will be in the Senate longer than BO when he started his candidacy.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Unfortunately, Ron Will be elected without much of ahitch, there will be a little bit of showcasing by the opposition just to make it look good. In my opinion.

After he is elected he will have ended the federal reserve system just like Andrew Jackson did, this will go as planned because TPTB will NEED to have someone to blame and an opening to institute the chip for everyone, no paper money and what will we use for "purchasing power"? Does no one else see it coming? Having Ron Paul as the scape goat for ending paper money and causing the coming crash, then they assassinate him and put in their own puppet who will convince the general sheep to accept the chip because it is safe and there is no other way.

Pretty damn obvious if you ask me. It solves all of TPTB's problems with getting the sheep to accept a one world government and one world currency. What currency, you will be chipped and tracked that much easier, then they can start to eliminate us one by one and fullfill the Georgia Guidestone claims!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Only two candidates at the last election were NOT CFR! They were Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich. Dennis is way out in Left Field. Ron and Rand Paul are great Pariots!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have little to add, but I wanted to leave this bit of Ron Paulia for you all.

Even though I disagree with him on many things - especially his opposition to abortion - I do find him to be a charming, likeable old man.

Be careful that you don't turn him into another Obama! Pretty face, idealistic, but when he gets elected, the grim reality of the duties of the office set in...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

And your answer is what? To re-elect Obamascam?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
I have little to add, but I wanted to leave this bit of Ron Paulia for you all.

Even though I disagree with him on many things - especially his opposition to abortion - I do find him to be a charming, likeable old man.

Be careful that you don't turn him into another Obama! Pretty face, idealistic, but when he gets elected, the grim reality of the duties of the office set in...

Except Ron Paul is experienced! Obamascam is only experienced at Organizing union thugs!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
To early to know the players but if he did run again he would get my vote.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to see him be elected, I highly doubt it'll happen. TPTB won't allow it. He will probably end up having a conveniently-timed heart attack.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by daddio

And your answer is what? To re-elect Obamascam?

My answer is for all of you to wake up, file a 1041 tax form as you should, understand that YOU are the representative/fiduciary of the "Trust", claim ALL your earnings back and stop the feeding of the machinations. If WE the pople shut down the government and re-organize it the way it should be, there need not be any situation where Ron's life is at stake.

File your UCC-1 and YOUR Power of Attorney in Fact and set the record straight that you are NOT a corporate "person" and let the "elected" representatives know that We the people will not tolerate this imperialistic British rule or Roman civil rule, keep us enslaved.

It is that simple, electing another puppet and NOT being responsible for ourselves and OUR posterity, will eventually lead us into oblivion. It is up to EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US to be reponsible for OUR lives and NOT depend on elected officials who believe WE surrender OUR rights by electing them. We RETAIN our rights completely. WE must be the responsible party.

Those who would surrender liberty for safety, deserve neither........ Benjamin Franklin

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
As much as I love Dr Ron Paul and embrace the man and his honest message, I am also a realist.

He will never get the Republican nod for president because it would be suicide on their part. It would mean that the 50 year long pizza party they have been throwing on the tax payers dime would be no more.

Asking a Republican corporatist shill to endorse a man like Dr. Paul would be like asking a bank robber or rapist to vote himself into prison. It just wont happen.

And considering the fact that even if he does gain any ground, the bought and paid for media will do what they did last time in 2008 and defame the man and throw every false lie and accusation at him, not to mention he will be banned from the debates....again.

I have given up hope on ever using this current corrupt two party voting system to ever implement any real change. Its like trying to win the old Coney Island shell game, you spend all your time guessing at which shell the ball is under, not realizing that there is no ball, and in this case there isnt even a shell.

The system is corrupt and damaged beyond our repair. I dont like to sound defeatist and say Ron Paul cant win. If it were a fair and honest contest where the best man had a chance, then yes.

But this game is rigged. You will once again be voting for either big giant douche or turd sandwich in 2012. Hold your nose and cast your vote for democracy LOL

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

My eyes are all watery from Ron Paul's speech! Every nation needs to elect a Ron Paul! What an incredible speech from what I know came from this mans heart!

Ron Paul for President!
edit on 20-2-2011 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join