It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive troop deployment in gulf of mexico

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
has anyone noticed that the person that started the thread never posted again? Post something inflamitory and stand back and watch the fall out...yeah buddy!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If something is going on of that nature, the Louisiana National Guard isn't involved in it. No out of the ordinary activity at bases down here. There are training exercises occurring any given day on certain bases in the state and around the country, though. So if someone suddenly starts taking notice of activity, it typically doesn't mean anything. For the trash talking about soldiers, I understand that in some cases, policy set by civilian leadership puts servicemen/women into difficult situations, but blame the policy makers, not the soldiers. In other cases, like Haiti for example, our Guardsmen are rebuilding, providing security & support, and delivering humanitarian aid. I'm not trying to be a propagandist for the military but please don't look at it through ideological eyes. Our soldiers are ordinary American citizens just like us. They don't turn into inhuman robots the second they sign the dotted line.
As for this "Gulf Coast Martial Law" deal, Louisiana law doesn't even acknowledge martial law (despite misconceptions, there was no martial law during & after Katrina). Also, keep in mind you are talking about the Deep South. Everyone down here is armed and hates Federal government. Declaring a suspension of the Constitution, particularly the 2nd Amendment, would not be a good idea.Rather than keeping order, you'd more than likely stir up an insurrection.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think your navy buddy needs a little refresher course in aerodynamics. The "CHOP/CHOP/CHOP sound you hear from helicopters is the sound of the advancing blade going supersonic. The UH-60 Blackhawk, for example, has a rotor blade radius of 26.833 feet. The rotor turns at a nominal speed of 258 rpm. So the tip of the blade travels at almost 500 miles per hour. Now, for the blade that is moving forward, you have to add to that the forward speed of the helicopter. The result is that at certain atmospheric conditions the tip exceeds Mach 1.0 and you hear a series of little baby sonic booms. Increasing the alpha of the blade (the size of the bite) with the collective doesn't change the sound, it just increased the rotor lift. Tip speed approching critical mach is a primary limiting factor of the speeds of helos and prop-driven aircraft.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
since the OP guy is MIA lets see if we can get this back on track. So maybe the gulf states residents are gonna get a little upiddy. I dont blame them. those are not the nations richer states plus the economy plus news is now breaking (gone political) that the oil spill has killed PARTS of the sea floor...that means dead and no chance of a livelyhood coming in. I would be pissed to say the least. I dont like what I read and see these days.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CableKing

what you said is interesting, about the cows acting wierd.

I was born and raised out in the boondocks, and surrounded by farms and animals.
You can definately tell when animals like that are acting wierd! they'll seem almost aggrevated and nervous right?

The thing that worries me is that animals supposedly can detect earthquakes before they happen. However, the animals have been acting extremely strange like the last month or so? I really hope there isnt a huge earthquake building up just waiting to spring!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Might of been due to earthquakes in that area at the time.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by CableKing

The thing that worries me is that animals supposedly can detect earthquakes before they happen. However, the animals have been acting extremely strange like the last month or so? I really hope there isnt a huge earthquake building up just waiting to spring!

I have a very smart dog..I live in So.Cal. 100ft from the San Jacinto fault line..my dog hasn't to this day acted strangely before any quakes we have had in the last 14 months we have had the dog

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by leaualorin

I suppose you don't want to talk about Romanian troops slaughtering 380,000 innocent people? Or did you just "forget" about that?

OOOOOOOh Snap,
don't you just hate it when that happens leaualorin. Were the Romanian people still hating on American soldiers then?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Holy unsubstantiated rumor, batman!

Fear! Give me attention!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join