It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Interpreting Dream about Alien attack/End of the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi

I recently had a strange dream in which I was standing on a balcony with my Father, my estranged teenage best friend and I think a couple of other people (whom I can’t recall). Great devastation was occurring all around us – and I think we were watching it all unfold from the vantage point of the balcony.

I can't recall the devastation very clearly, but I think it involved buildings crumbling down, earth quakes, fires ect.

Considering the situation around us --- everyone seemed to be pretty calm but very sad. And I remember turning and saying to my Dad “it’s the alien’s isn’t it?” and my Dad nodded. (Which was impressive to me, because my father doesn't usually believe in stuff like that)

A little bit later, I remember patting my friend on the shoulder and telling her that I was happy at least that I could spend my last few moments here with her. And she seemed to agree. And finally I remember sitting on the floor of the balcony, looking up at the dark chaotic sky and saying “well I guess we weren’t chosen.” The feeling I got was that we were all very sad about the earth falling apart but that we had kind of made peace with it. And also we realized that nobody was coming to save us.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure where this dream took place. It was on earth, I'm sure --- but it seemed like I was in a large city and in real life I live in more of a large town than a city. (much smaller)

(As a side note, I'm not sure if this dream is related but earlier that night I awoke from a very foggy (hard to recall) dream in which myself and perhaps a close friend or family member were running from an enemy attack. I don’t think that the fighting had much to do with me or my friends --- but still we knew we had to get away or we’d be killed. I think it might have been aliens or a very advanced military squad that was flying overhead and dropping bombs all around us. I seem to remember big dark circular crafts dropping powerful weapons. (However, most of this dream is very hazy. And after I woke up --- the next dream that I recall from that night was the one I mentioned above)

Anyways, Thanks so much to anyone who might be able to interpret this dream! It probably means I've been reading too much about aliens
But if anyone can share some insight into it --- I would very much appreciate it!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It means you have been on ATS too much before you went to sleep. What's with all the people thinking they are having visions of the future from dreams. I know your are asking for an interpretation but it also whispers, guess what might happen.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
me and my GF have been having dreams in which aliens come to help. but, when they come many people die, or kill themselves or others because they just cant handle whats happening. they never wanted to hurt or kill anyone but obviously will defend themselves.

But, my gf did have a dream that covered 50 years. wherein after 20 years of the benevolent alien race staying with us, the earth was attacked by another alien race. the war lasted for 2 years and was the most devastating thing to ever happen to earth and the life on it. the only reason any of the nice aliens died was trying to protect us. we did win the war (by we i mean the nice aliens because humans were mere bugs compared to the bad aliens). humans were mad because we didnt attack them back, ie. go to their planet. but the nice aliens were trying to teach us about the cycle of violence and how terrible it is.

I could type out her full 50 year dream but i'd have to write a novel. and thats not going to happen lol.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

Lol,

Yes that's pretty much the first thing I thought too

But I do think that sometimes our subconscious is trying to tell us things with our dreams and I sincerely, would love it if someone who can understand dream symbolism ect. can shed more insight into it. For example, I'm not sure if it meant anything that my old best friend and father were in the dream ect.

But yeah, the obvious answer is that I've spent way too much time hear lol!
edit on 19-2-2011 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenandNoelle

That is so strange! i have just posted my own story about my dreams
and i was going to put that some were about a massive war between aliens
and humans.
Very graphic and i am having more and more of these lucid type of dreams
or should i say nightmares!
I don't have any answers for you as i am seeking them myself.interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

for over a dozen years now, i have had similar dreams with various levels of intensity, revelation and devastation, many, if not most, of which involve an alien presence (ships. greys. other entities, etc.)

this has perplexed me, and at times, played a bit of havoc on my sense of sanity. i mean, re-occuring dreams about losing one's teeth is one thing, about the alien holocaust is another.

anyhow, i am not sure what to make of them... are they expressions of my own sub-conscious? am i picking up on some earth shifts, and translating them to "aliens" to cope with them in dreamscape, or has my dream antenna crossed wires with the possible scenerio that yes, indeed, aliens are here and they are up to no good (at least some of them)?

i am not sure, therefor i cannot offer you much further insight, other then to say, record the dreams. decipher any patterns. you may come to a different understanding of them as time progresses. perhaps their will be a seemingly unimportant detail that may reoccur in you life that may offer you a better understanding of what your sub conscious is trying to say to you.

good luck and stay sane.

PS after some of the more unsettling alien dreams, i do feel some sort of "smudge" or cleansing is necessary. if nothing else, some deep dish meditation and breathing to process the warped nature of what my dreaming mind is exposing me to.

cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
all I can say for people with alien nightmares is fear begets more fear, I used to be afraid of aliens, until some stuff... and now I dont have nightmares but amazing dreams of humans interacting positively with et's.

whats going to happen? meh, something. soon. but don't let the future inhibit your present.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I was bored... lol

I can't recall the devastation very clearly, but I think it involved buildings crumbling down, earth quakes, fires ect.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccdc282deb87.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1d02130e4dd.jpg[/atsimg]

Considering the situation around us --- everyone seemed to be pretty calm but very sad. And I remember turning and saying to my Dad “it’s the alien’s isn’t it?” and my Dad nodded. (Which was impressive to me, because my father doesn't usually believe in stuff like that)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb82877e8b65.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8600bf270b8f.jpg[/atsimg]

A little bit later, I remember patting my friend on the shoulder and telling her that I was happy at least that I could spend my last few moments here with her. And she seemed to agree. And finally I remember sitting on the floor of the balcony, looking up at the dark chaotic sky and saying “well I guess we weren’t chosen.”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e7bcb7c5844.png[/atsimg]

The feeling I got was that we were all very sad about the earth falling apart but that we had kind of made peace with it. And also we realized that nobody was coming to save us.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dd4d39a4cc8.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19-2-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i dont think you can/should read to much into dreams. i think of dreams as a brain de-frag.
i have alot of apocolyptic/alien invasion type dreams, i dont think there's anything prophetic about them, just a reflection of my interests.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Fn hell that was cool dude.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Aye, very awesome. I derezzed in my pants looking at that pictures

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Greetings:

Very nicely done! It is always a pleasure to see a fellow traveler help someone else along the path, no matter how trivial oar insignificant or not requested (all the better) it is.

Please allow me to add a couple to the collection.

This is what a CME looks like and what we are experiencing more and more of these days, much like earthquakes. These could be part of a future disaster scenario?

And this one of them ships...

In Peace & Light
tfw

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

That was awesome!

But if my nightmare really was caused by spending too much time here at ATS --- God help me when I fall asleep tonight!
edit on 19-2-2011 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If you gather most of the people here in ATS there might be a higher percentage of them dreaming of alien attack. In my oppinion it is two folds, it is sometimes reflected on what you watch and think about and a growing sense of telepathic message. I for one, have dreams about aliens attacking and I was on the middle of it. In one scenario I was at the battle zone, the other I was flying their space craft right after I beat the !@#$ of the alien flying it.
I told this to my friend and he had told me the same thing that he had a dream about the aliens attaking. But that is just that, right after I told him about the FEMA container he jumps and got scared. Because he dreamt about that too. He is a guy who don't read this stuff so, he was mistified about my information.

My conclution in all of this, I believe that this is another work of the government mind control program where we dream about the bad aliens and have an assumption that when good aliens arive we will consider them as bad.
Just imagine how many alien movies are out now that depicts that they are here to destroy us and take our resource.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Thank-you Mythos, Stealthyauroura and OUNjahryn for sharing your experience with these types of dreams.

It was definitely very disturbing…and it’s left me with a kinda unsettled feeling for the last couple of days.

For sure, it could be just a product of my brain defragging --- like neonitis suggested. I think that’s a really good point and some of my dreams do feel like that. But, I also believe that there is a lot about dreaming and dream symbolism that isn’t fully understood and so I definitely appreciate everyone’s input.

Plus the pictures are very cool!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
It means you have been on ATS too much before you went to sleep. What's with all the people thinking they are having visions of the future from dreams. I know your are asking for an interpretation but it also whispers, guess what might happen.

I know dreams may not mean much but honestly, having been on ATS regularly every single day and night when I get chance since early January, I haven't had a single dream even related to the subject matter talked about on ATS so I think your post is being dismissive for the sake of it without even a thanks for sharing to those who write down their dreams on these forums.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
pardon the randomness, but do your aliens look like dinosaurs at all?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by RANDOMguess

I know dreams may not mean much but honestly, having been on ATS regularly every single day and night when I get chance since early January, I haven't had a single dream even related to the subject matter talked about on ATS so I think your post is being dismissive for the sake of it without even a thanks for sharing to those who write down their dreams on these forums.

You say I was dismissive but the OP replied saying that's exactly what he thought at first and laughed. He did not take offence, so you definitely have no reason to. THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY THANKS THANKS.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

i have had dreams and parts of them have come true, but it is hard to tell which dream may be of a future incident untill the incident happens. i never have a reason to suspect any dream i have of being something in the future, when it does happen sometimes you get deja vu and remember your dream, and then spend a few minutes with that wow feeling. then you forget about it and carry on.

i have had more dreams that have not happened than i have the ones that have. and all the dramatic dreams never happened nor the disaster ones, its only ever the ones where you had a conversation with somebody, then 2 months latter it happens word for word in the same setting.

if i thought every dream i had meant something or would come true then i would be very confused, the moon would crash into earth, nuclear war would end the world, asteroids would end the world.

i would die in many different ways and cartoon characters would become real people, i would be able to float and fly and i would be a professional football player scoring the winning goal in the world cup.

none of which have come true, yet......

if however somebody has a impressive record of dreaming events that happen in real life i would be more inclined to take notice of their dreams, however nobody has a record for getting an end of the world dream right or even a prediction, and it will stay that way untill the end of the world

how do we know who's end of the world dream is correct?

i would not worry about your dream, it has a higher chance of just being a dream than a near future or your lifetime event.

edit on 20-2-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

My bad, real life stuff going on when I posted that, my apologies and my fault for not thoroughly reading before hitting reply.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join