It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Shadow over Moon feb 18th 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
First off, this is my first post here on ATS and I am very excited to be a part of this site.

I live in Raleigh, NC, and as I was driving home tonight, February 18th, 2011, I noticed the moon as it was low in the sky, about 7:08 PM EST. It caught my eye because only the top half of the moon was visible, divided along almost a perfectly straight line, the bottom was not visible. I have never seen the moon divided horizontally, always vertically. but i keep driving and about 30 seconds later i see the moon through the trees again and the shadow appears to be receding toward the bottom, about 75% visible. Thinking that this was odd i turned around and as i got back up to the top of the hill, the moon was completely visible, a full moon.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this happening, it happened over a period of a little under 2 minutes.
I searched to see if their was a lunar eclipse of some sort tonight, but nothing i could find suggested this, and eclipses usually happen over a longer period of time, i believe about 30 minutes? there were no clouds in the sky that could have been blocking my view, nor houses or any other type of major obstruction to view.

So any explanation for this? or other witnesses?
edit on 18-2-2011 by ALindsay65 because: Edit title

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ALindsay65

Hi ALindsay65, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

welcome!!

people all along the east are saying all sorts of things about the moon tonight,,

i'm in Washington st.. and full of clouds

welcome to the family
edit on 2/18/11 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Welcome to the community!! Sit back , relax and post!

I'm about 30 miles west of you, so I just ran outside and I don't see anything odd with the moon. It is lovely tonight though!! Perfectly full and low on the horizon.

Enjoy yourself here!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, didn't notice any moon issues, but your in the right place. Lots of people on here are super observant and will post what they notice. Enjoy the site.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
dude i saw what youre talking about completely. I also saw them chemtrailing in front of the moon, and i saw these crafts giving off HUGE bursts of light. it looked like lightning. craziest thing ive ever seen, i got a bit of footage ill try an upload tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I live in Florida on the east coast and I was just outside with my telescope looking at the moon and it looked just beautiful. I didn't see anything different about it and I watch the moon nightly.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It was really really foggy here in southeast Kentucky... but i did notice what I thought was my eyes playing tricks on me... like the person before me said... bursts of light to and fro the moon... odd to say the least that i'm not the only one who seen this... might be something to it?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

It seems as if something could of been in the way but that you may be unaware of it. Did you say you were viewing the moon through trees? And there can be dark clouds and night that you simply can not see at all...until you watch how the stars or moon become covered here and there as clouds pass by them. I have seen this with stars many times and was unaware of the spiratic clouds in the sky because I could not see them.

Just thoughts
LV

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by iversusvsversusi

I'm here in Pennsylvania and I saw an extremely distinct "X" made of two chemtrails going across the moon. Otherwise, I did not see anything too strange except a thin layer of clouds which reminded me of a wedding veil over a brides face. It covered the moon but you could still see it fairly clearly. It was odd to say the least.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

welcome!!

people all along the east are saying all sorts of things about the moon tonight,,

i'm in Washington st.. and full of clouds

welcome to the family
edit on 2/18/11 by darrman because: (no reason given)

Not just the east coast, but where I am in the midwest, I was looking out my window about 2 hours ago and saw a spectacular mirage. The moon was sporting a giant ring around it, but this ring was really big in diameter, went way out from the moon. Was really cool looking, mon!

top topics

join