It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A meteor that changes direction???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Now I have officially seen everything

I mean, come ON........how can you even begin to explain this???

I actually found this after watching a 'meteor' SOHO video which I'll post after this.
But c'mon debunkers, believers, explainers and knowers, I am dying to hear what you think.

This is also extremely reminiscent of another UFO video that I'll include after this.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It reminds me of this from September:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
And I stumbled on the OP after watching this one:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Human, you always find the most interesting things. That cannot be a meteor since the only force acting upon them would be atmospheric friction and gravity. They cannot move like that. Also, it was moving way too slow to be a meteor. If it was an aircraft we would have heard about a horrific crash like that in the news. I don't know what it was. Fireworks? Failed rocket? I wonder why they said somewhere in Brazil? Surely the location could be pinpointed to somewhere more specific.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Both of them look like CGI particle effects, the "shaky" camera movement doesn't look natural I noticed that straight away, plus the background is too uniformed black to really be the sky...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

The first video looks like the one in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

... and I think I have seen it on ATS earlier than that. I think it was explained as some air acrobate skydiver or parasailer someone with a flare or something, but I can't remember exactly. And I can't find it when searching ATS.

It's an exciting sight either way.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ever seen a gyroscope in action?

I imagine the same kind of effects are working here. Something spinning at high revs in our atmosphere and changing shape an mass cannot keep to a set path.

If at a certain point, part of this METEOR broke off and caused the spinning to increase greatly or change it's axis, then the change in course would be accountable.

I believe everything seen in this clip is natural and is in accordance with our laws of physics.

Not a UFO imo. Could be an acrobat/parachutist like the above poster said too.
edit on 18/2/2011 by nerbot because: addition

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Cool video regardless what it was but it falls into one of my more irksome types of vid where the camera shakes way too much and constantly moves so that the subject in the vid goes out of shot sometimes.

If it was me I'd try to keep it in frame the entire time till the moment either it disappeared or I ran out of film.

Funny cause I never understood the complaints about the shaky camera in Cloverfield, I didn't have a problem with it but shaky cameras in UFO videos just go way too far and shake like the person holding the camera is having an epileptic fit while documenting the object.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by belsce
I think it was explained as some air acrobate skydiver or parasailer someone with a flare or something, but I can't remember exactly. And I can't find it when searching ATS.

There have been various threads of "UFO" videos that probably actually showed skydivers at night.

Here are a couple of videos to compare with the one in the OP.

One of the problems within ufology is someone saying that a certain explanation (e.g. a meteor) does not explain the evidence, when no-one ever suggested that it was in fact a meteor!

Basically, a "straw-man explanation" is set up and then attacked - rather than all possible explanations given proper consideration.

For ease of comparison, here is the video in the OP again:

Originally posted by Human_Alien
(snip)

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 18-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Your first post reminds me of the video of the burning object in the sky (during daylight hours) over Germany that you posted a couple of days ago.
Good finds. Keep 'em coming.

edit on 18-2-2011 by BruceWayne because: grammar

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I actually found this after watching a 'meteor' SOHO video which I'll post after this.
But c'mon debunkers, believers, explainers and knowers, I am dying to hear what you think.

This is also extremely reminiscent of another UFO video that I'll include after this.

Para-flare maybe? Acts like a para-flare following a thermocline as it descends.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

edit on 18-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

I am not going to waste time... obnoxious intro, then cgi garbage..

POINT OUT WHERE THE OMGWTF is.

thanks.

or its just more crap..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Looks to me like either Skydivers or Launch engine separation, change of direction easily explained as when they separate, they continue to rise, then drop due to the speed they are travelling.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've never heard or considered parachuting (sky-diving) at night.

What is burning then? Special effects?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I've never heard or considered parachuting (sky-diving) at night.

What is burning then? Special effects?

See the title, and start, of the second video I posted above, i.e.:

Magnesium flares.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Okay, I considered sky-diving at night and now I've un-considered it.

First, how does a sky-diver 'dive' parallel to the ground unless he has a rocket launcher attached to his back.

And secondly, kindly point out, from the screen-grab, where the diver of is located please. Just show me which side of the fire-ball would he be piloting from.
Thanks

edit on 18-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: changed parallel

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Okay. Thanks.

But would you agree that your video shows them falling perpendicular though (which would be in sync with this-here gravity-thing we have going on here on Earth)?

I do appreciate you showing me something I never knew about before though. But I am just not seeing that, here.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Watch the video IsaacKoi posted...

See the title, and start, of the second video I posted above, i.e.:

Magnesium flares.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I've seen various one's like this, all very similar to what you are seeing in that video. This has duel boosters.

This could also be a probe ariving back from space, if it is very distant, then will look like it's going up and then down as it drops over the horizon, same as meteors can do some times.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join