It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A meteor that changes direction???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Looking at it again, scratch that, looks nothing like those, more than likely light acrobatics aircraft with flares, skydivers with magflares, and more possibly, hoax as that background music an intro just reeks lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hi H_A, I think the first video you posted COULD be a skydiver (or Silver Surfer taking a walk in Brazil) but the two pics from SOHO are truly amazing. I do believe the Sun has the strenght to change comets path.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
But would you agree that your video shows them falling perpendicular though (which would be in sync with this-here gravity-thing we have going on here on Earth)?

Strangely enough, I am familiar with "this-here gravity-thing we have going on here on Earth".

I would not agree that the videos I posted showed the skydivers "falling perpendicular".

If you watch the entirety of the first video I posted (which is only about 40 odd seconds long) you will see two separate types of motion:

(a) During the first 15 or so seconds, the first skydiver is falling without his parachute opening. His motion is rapid and basically straight down.

(b) After about the first 15 seconds, the first skydiver's parachute is open (and then you also see other skydivers with their parachute's open).

Are you really suggesting that the skydiver's motion continues to appear to be straight down after the first 15 seconds of the first video I posted?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 18-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ok, I'm not an expert on magnesium flares, but doesn't it sound crazy to anyone else here to even attempt that? Isn't there a good possibility that the sparks from the flares might burn or melt your parachute? Just sounds a little too risky for me.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Perhaps this vid may help

It features a parachutist night time show with pyrotechnics on their ankles.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
What I see in here are a lot explanations that "could be" true, that doesn't mean they are fact. But once someone comes out with one that seems to be a decent scientific explanation, the rest of the commenters seem to follow the leader with the best Matrix debunk explanation and star it.

The question should always be asked, "is it likely?" So is it likely that a solo skydiver with magnesium flares just decided to do a night time dive and parachute over the city last night? No, it is not likely, but it is possible.
It's also possible that you are all just in my head and don't really exist, it's not likely but it is possible.
edit on 18-2-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

One of the problems within ufology is someone saying that a certain explanation (e.g. a meteor) does not explain the evidence, when no-one ever suggested that it was in fact a meteor!

Basically, a "straw-man explanation" is set up and then attacked - rather than all possible explanations given proper consideration.

This

(a) During the first 15 or so seconds, the first skydiver is falling without his parachute opening. His motion is rapid and basically straight down.

(b) After about the first 15 seconds, the first skydiver's parachute is open (and then you also see other skydivers with their parachute's open).

and this
Plus the video below .

edit on 18-2-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
is it likely that a solo skydiver with magnesium flares just decided to do a night time dive and parachute over the city last night

What makes you think the video last made last night (other than the - wrong - date given on the video itself)?

The video was filmed years ago.

As a bit of fun, let's trace this video back a bit.

The video in the first post in this thread is this one:

The comments by the uploader of that video state that it is a "Re upload from Disclosure..."

If you searching for recent videos on Youtube with the keywords UFO and Brazil then you can find the upload by Disclosure:

The comments in relation to that video mention a date of 2007.

If you search for videos on Youtube with the keywords UFO, Brazil and 2007 then you can find an earlier upload:

The title of the video gives you more details about the location ("UFO in Piracicaba, Brazil") than the later versions of the video and the date (the uploaders comments state "UFO viewed while driving with friends back in July, 2007").

The uploader of the last of the above videos (Youtube user "carlosdv") appears to imply he filmed the video, so may be able to supply more details of the sighting. Indeed, he has posted some information in response to comments upon that video, including:

Isso foi filmado na estrada de Limeira pra Piracicaba, perto de um engenho velho onde estão construindo um condomínio novo. Dá pra ver no 1:15 que tem a placa pra Rio Claro, onde você pode pegar a entrada do anel viário

Babelfish translates that as:

This was filmed in the road of Limeira pra Piracicaba, close to an old device where they are constructing a new condominium. Of pra to see in the 1:15 that has the plate Clearly pra River, where you can catch the entrance of the road ring

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 18-2-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If you search for videos on Youtube with the keywords UFO, Brazil and 2007 then you can find an earlier upload:

The title of the video gives you more details about the location ("UFO in Piracicaba, Brazil") than the later versions of the video and the date (the uploaders comments state "UFO viewed while driving with friends back in July, 2007").

Also, the comments on that earlier upload of the video include fairly detailed discussion of the actual location and includes maps and, given the videos I posted above, some information I found to be particular material:

It's a SKYDIVER:Based on the direction of the sign on route SP-147 and the proximity to exit 138 the "UFO" is right on top of the airfield used by 2 skydiving schools.

He's using that firework for skydiving that attaches to the skydiver feet.
zemane2010 2 years ago

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the video in the original post is YEARS old. Nothong new at all.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I so wish people would read the thread they created, I'm not trying to be arsey just pointing out that questions that you asked had been answered at least twice and then repeated again but you obviously had passed by the posts.

The point being, if it becomes clear to the nice people posting the answers / facts then they might just not bother and then the forum can become a clueless mess.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

What difference does it make to the debate about when it occurred? Is it likely that people go skydiving and flying around the night sky, by themselves, with magnesium flares, just on a whim or for fun?
It's possible, not likely, especially not likely to be done to simulate a meteorite or UFO, it would be done as in the above videos, for a public show.
Whatever date this was filmed is irrelevant and I do not need to review the comments in them or see what others are saying to have my own opinion untainted by Matrix minded souls.
The odds this is a "person" with magnesium flares by themselves at night are slim to none. It's possible, but like 2% possible.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

What difference does it make to the debate about when it occurred? Is it likely that people go skydiving and flying around the night sky, by themselves, with magnesium flares, just on a whim or for fun? It's possible, not likely, especially not likely to be done to simulate a meteorite or UFO, it would be done as in the above videos, for a public show. Whatever date this was filmed is irrelevant and I do not need to review the comments in them or see what others are saying to have my own opinion untainted by Matrix minded souls. The odds this is a "person" with magnesium flares by themselves at night are slim to none. It's possible, but like 2% possible.

Your independence of thought is admirable yet undermined slightly by failing to support it with evidence. Night-time skydiving hasn't been invented for the purpose of this thread, it's a genuine activity. The fact that some people are agreeing with the evidence of skydivers is because they've checked it first. As far as I can tell, you've arrived at your opinion because it 'feels right' to you. The '2% possible' evaluation has likewise been pulled out of thin air.

On-line retailer of parachute flares.

US Army: Golden Flyers skydiving team....schedule for 2011 and blog

Video of the guys stunt-diving with parachute flares...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I do not need to review the comments in them or see what others are saying to have my own opinion untainted by Matrix minded souls.

If you don't consider the information that I provided (including the fact that the video was filmed on top of an airfield used by 2 skydiving schools) relevant to an assessment of the likelihood that the video shows a night skydiver, then that is up to you.

I don't understand your reasoning in deeming that information irrelevant, but I can simply take that into account when I assess the merits of your opinion.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just to add: There is a big parachute/skydiving club in that city (Piracicaba)

www.clubedeparaquedismo.com.br...

Just go to youtube and search for Piracicaba and Paraquedismo you will see lot skydiving video from that area.
edit on 18/2/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I never once suggested what it could be or might be, all I did was suggest what it isn't likely to be that's all. I don't personally care if it's a UFO, meteorite, or Dick Cheney's soul on fire in the sky, I was just trying to point out how the band wagoneers jump on the 1st thing that makes sense in a debunking argument to whatever the OP's opinion may be.
It could very well be retarded sky divers risking their lives at night, I don't think that is as likely as perhaps a -- falling satellite burning up on it's way to Earth with perhaps some fuel burning off inside it redirecting it's trajectory. Too slow for a meteorite, too weird for a UFO saucer craft or military ops craft.

I'm not here to show evidence of anything and never tried to prove what it is, I usually don't attempt to prove what anything is on a video because that is impossible to do most of the time. There's always more evidence needed to make a conclusion... except in ATS forums, when there is some evidence in here, it becomes a conclusion and no other theories are treated with validity because the band wagon agrees that it's - case closed. That's all I was attempting to point out.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
But c'mon debunkers, believers, explainers and knowers, I am dying to hear what you think.

I think it's probably a night paraglider with a flare.
Slow. Dropping stuff. Etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
How hard is it to hold a camera straight? I'm not talking for 2 hours, but for 2 minutes. I'm so tired of these crap homemade videos where the person can even hold the camera focused on an object.
edit on 18-2-2011 by thepainweaver because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

After reviewing the evidence, it's conclusive.
Skydiving with flares.

Isaack, your a breath of fresh air in here!

If only more here were as open - yet rational - minded and could display a similar reluctance to being goaded, ha ha!

Seeing how you have not been thanked yet for providing the clear evidence to show the original video as being clearly a skydiver (even performing the same maneuver), I'll fill that void.

Thank You.

edit on 18-2-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've got 1300 skydives, and of those about a dozen night jumps, not to mention all the night jumps I've seen over the years first hand. That's no skydiver...lateral movement is way too fast for any ram air canopy on the market today, not to mention the pyro is much more than any jumper is going to risk next to their canopy or rig (average cost for the canopy alone is about 2000.00.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join