It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Seeking Persona Management Software (Fake Web Users) to manufacture concent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this; in my opinion this needs to be on the front page of ATS, so S& F in the hope that it gets there...

You can bet your bottom dollar that if 50 licenses are being sought, then we have already got a few hundred sock puppet users on this site - some of whom are often-times inactive, perhaps because the persona management aspect became troublesome.

If we get an even greater influx of the sorts of mutual back-slapping from surprisingly mainstream groups here on ATS in the near future, we'll be seeing our tax dollars hard at work. (well, not mine, as I'm in the UK - though I guess something similar might be happening here too. Scratch that - of course something similar is happening here too).

And the whole coordinated attack thing, on posting a controversial thread? Happened to me when I tried to write a thread with images from the USGS re: obfuscation in Antarctica. Clear proof of tampering and obfuscation of surface detail, and within minutes my photo upload facility was disrupted/cancelled, my browser slowed to a few kB/ps (instead of the usual 10MB avg) and several strange things began to happen (like links being highlighted when I wasn't touching the mouse]. These weirdnesses continued until I abandoned my attempt to write the thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
Persona Management Software

This type of software is inherently dangerous to our conversation here on ATS as well as on other similar sites. Now just a hand full of government or corporate agents can magnify their numbers and control conversations online.

This will likely be used to great extent to derail critics or government or corporations and can be operated by just a few dozen agents controlling 10 or more persona program identities at once. I thought everyone should be aware of this technology. It is likely already being used since this solicitation seems to just be seek licenses for the technology.

Surely you realise that it has been happening already on here? Am I the only one who knows? Come on now!

Bumped!

More on this later....

edit on 20/2/11 by Pimander because: Bumped

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by exile1981

I heard on the news this morning that last Summer the white house was gaming this very scenario in the middle east. Doubtful a coincidence.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It could be that a "software / internet" agenda program is at work in the Middle East / North Africa uprisings.....all have happened and are continuing in what looks like a concerted harmony and appears to have carried over to the U.S. states protests also!

a common "missing link" to Google / George Soros is highly probable too!

Soros owns a large portion of Google stock!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it raises suspicions that the internet comms were only "shut down" AFTER the "protesting" was well underway!

AND, how strange is it that a "few thousand" protesters in more than one Nation of "100's of millions" can SO EASILY "take down" super powerful dictators and leadership ??????

the MSM is making it look as if it is all meant to be!

the U.S. and other countries are double talking and showing their hands too much!

Its TOO obvious.

the Business-Merchant Class is behind the whole thing!

We are witnessing History as it happens before our very eyes!

Its a classic Roman style financial consolidation!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

It was new to me anyway. I knew about various agent software that was basically a bot and info miner but not this. It seems this software can help keep 10 different persona managed from one console using a different USB drive for each one. The browsers and cookies, passwords and emails are synced with an aged persona. The email address and the browser is even set up to run through proxies that match the fake user persona location of record.

This is some pretty hard to catch spook kit. It must be fairly new or it would have been a major discussion topic on ATS by now I would think. If I have missed it please point it out to me. I do drop out from time to time to write or travel or do intensive research so I guess I could have missed it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dream of the impossible, and then dream farther... This is nothing... This is only the beginning...

btw, I am not a bot...
or am I?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It was new to me anyway. I knew about various agent software that was basically a bot and info miner but not this. It seems this software can help keep 10 different persona managed from one console using a different USB drive for each one. The browsers and cookies, passwords and emails are synced with an aged persona. The email address and the browser is even set up to run through proxies that match the fake user persona location of record.

This is some pretty hard to catch spook kit. It must be fairly new or it would have been a major discussion topic on ATS by now I would think. If I have missed it please point it out to me. I do drop out from time to time to write or travel or do intensive research so I guess I could have missed it.

My point was it that sock puppets have already been used on ATS - without the use of such software. But obviously the site administrators would have to turn a blind eye to it, not bother making sure it isn't happening or be doing it themselves.

I am waiting for permission from the site owners to post an accusation that this is the case. The accusation comes from somebody who claims to (and if it's really them does) have inside information.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

What? You going to grandstand in my thread? I know you aint grandstanding in my straight up important information needs sharing thread are you? Say it aint so.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

How about this instead. It's about an interview with James Carrion, former International Director of MUFON.

Originally posted by goatfish
Carrion: And I think that's sort of the feeling that I was getting while I was in the organization, that it was a lot of smoke and mirrors. I wasn't seeing real hard scientific evidence. I was seeing a lot of deception. A lot of stories that never panned out. A lot of characters that never panned out. A lot of involvement by these, what i call the usual suspects. They seem to have one foot in the intelligence community and one foor in ufology. And trying to make it all add up; it just didn't. So I thought I'm going to start digging and doing my own research. And I did some original research that goes back all the way to 1947 when this phenomena started, at least in the public eye. And as I started doing my research what I thought was, "hey I've stumbled onto something here that's big." It's not alien related. It's humans deceiving humans on a grand scale. Something that goes right back to the very beginning of June and July of 1947.

It's too long to transcribe but he goes on to explain his belief that the current UFO phenomenon started as a military dis-information program based around Kenneth Arnold's sighting, The Maury Island incident, and finally Roswell. He believes the government was simply trying to convince the Russians that we had some new air-based weapons system when in truth there was no such technology. He also believes that over the years the UFO cover has continued to be used for various purposes, including cover for black projects, and training for information warfare on certain internet message boards.

(Snip)

James: Well I think we're dealing with specifically intelligence agencies who are interested in information warfare and they're interested in psychological manipulation and I think actually the UFO field provides the perfect training ground for their operations. A prime example is what I've encountered over the last year or so of being at MUFON going up against some of these message boards like the the Open Minds forum and Above Top Secret where the UFO mythology is being pushed by a lot of folks who have no real backgrounds, a lot of folks who are just anonymous individuals who can go out and make whatever claims they like and what I find highly interesting, is, I've always thought, "well, what is the goal of this?" and I think I've sort-of figured out that we're the proving ground for information warfare techniques to be used in the wider world. For example I wrote a blog article about wikileaks and how I think wikileaks isn't what it pretends to be. I think there's an intelligence agency behind that and it's trying to build credibility and use it as conduit for dis-information and as a way to influence governments and I think that had it's start in the UFO world.

Interesting stuff. No alien-made UFOs, no aliens, and Above Top Secret is a training ground for information warfare.(edits removed)

James Carrion on MUFON and UFOs

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Is it not sad and intellectually offensive, the depths to which your own government will resort to in order to lie to you?

Is it not morally repugnant that we should be made to suffer such vicious and abject dishonesty?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I hope this thread makes front page news here on ATS. I think this is the most profound assault on our freedom of speech by attempting to undermine honest public discourse.

If it's not a bot, it's a group of agents for TPTB manipulating, directing, dis-informing etc the conversations here and on other sites (like Yahoo comments).

I know I sound paranoid but many of the offending posts I have read sound like very deliberate rehashing of talking points towing the party line. I've also noticed many that pose as such and such spouting bigoted, inflammatory rhetoric meant to portray certain people and beliefs in highly negative light.

I don't even bother with Yahoo anymore, wouldn't be caught dead on facebook, and have been very disillusioned as of late with some of the threads/posts on ats which really reek to me of propaganda and and attempts at thought manipulation.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Thanks. I agree this is important of course since it is a tool for manufacturing opinion from the public in the public space of the forums of ATS and other sites. This technology will only work to obscure real folks dealing with real issues in this type of setting we now enjoy. The party is over if we let the fake government or corporate operated personas control the conversation.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey folks check this out. PC World has picked up the story and expanded on it a bit even.

www.pcworld.com...

I like the infographic they made.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
These fake personas will also vote. Democracy died in the west and is being born in the Middle East. You know they are on this site.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Is it not sad and intellectually offensive, the depths to which your own government will resort to in order to lie to you?

Is it not morally repugnant that we should be made to suffer such vicious and abject dishonesty?

On the other side of the coin, I strongly suspect that this type of software/activity has probably been used to give the pro-democracy movement a push in the Middle East.

This is a tool like any other and can be used for many purposes - good or ill.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Come on members. Where are all of the people who were so keen to criticise both myself and several other members for suggesting that this type of activity is an important propaganda tool? You are conspicuous by your absence on this important thread.

This is a hugely important topic that is being largely ignored. Why is that?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have to wonder how many of these folks posting abut "Union Thugs" and how pensions have bankrupted the country are the product of this sort of thing?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hey folks check this out. PC World has picked up the story and expanded on it a bit even.

www.pcworld.com...

I like the infographic they made.

"404 - Page Not Found"

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
I hope this thread makes front page news here on ATS. I think this is the most profound assault on our freedom of speech by attempting to undermine honest public discourse.

It will likely not make the front page, because to get to the Front Page you have to generate a lot of traffic, and traffic comes from these very same bots coming to discredit a point. And if they came and tried to discredit this topic, they would be outing themselves.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by inkyminds

The link works for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

works now for me as well.

thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>