It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darpa Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.....heard of it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I was just combing through information on military projects, weapons, aircraft, navy, and ground systems when I came across this info.
I don't know if anyone has posted about this topic yet. I just found it quite random that there is this info out there about so called top secret military operations ongoing. Plus this kind of gives you some detail about the different operations as well.
Darpa

Check it out and let me know what ya'll think.

Peace,
-N8-

CX

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think "DARPA" may have come up in conversation just a couple of times on ATS.

Do a search up there on the right, should give you some more info if you're into that.

CX.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

Common knowledge and whose funding gave us velcro and any number of other game-changing inventions. I have a friend who was one of the most senior people there (he was once the boss of the guy that is now the boss of DARPA). Even if the goal if to find "defensive" (offensive) military technical advantages, I am glad for these major investments in research. As my friend said, DARPA only takes on projects they call, "DARPA impossible," which means the private sector thinks they are pretty much impossible, such as concepts like space elevators, fully autonomous vehicles, etc.
edit on 16-2-2011 by pajoly because: sp

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
yes,
I saw on the Darpa list, there is a Transformer......yes people, like the ones in the movies but operated my man

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The thing that I find interesting is that wikipedia, says that there are 240 employees for this business and they have an annual budget of 3.2 billion. Seriously each person getting 13.3 million to play with a year. So messed up.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Ever heard of contractors and sub-contractors?

They would have thousands of people working indirectly for them, including the likes from Northrop Grumman, Boeing etc.

edit on 16/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I didn't think there was anyone who didn't know about DARPA. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Common knowledge and whose funding gave us velcro

"The hook-and-loop fastener was invented in 1941 by Swiss engineer, Georges de Mestral[2][7][8] who lived in Commugny, Switzerland. The idea came to him one day after returning from a hunting trip with his dog in the Alps. He took a close look at the burrs (seeds) of burdock that kept sticking to his clothes and his dog's fur. He examined them under a microscope, and noted their hundreds of "hooks" that caught on anything with a loop, such as clothing, animal fur, or hair.[5] He saw the possibility of binding two materials reversibly in a simple fashion,[8] if he could figure out how to duplicate the hooks and loops.[2]"

Straight from wikipedia (though the story I grew up with was that it was a Canadian engineer). Velcro wasn't some top secret DARPA project

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
LONG LIVE DARPA AND THEIR WONDERFULL CREATION INVENTED A FEW DECADES AGO CALLED ARPANET!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
And then you have it's twin brother...Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA)

www.iarpa.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes.

One of the topped threads of this forum is about DARPA, please feel free to continue there.

DARPA, AI, .mil & more

join