It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by elouina

the first google result in my search...

"2 Ark. injection wells may be closed amid quakes"

Edited... I just noticed that this was posted earlier. Well, this is a good time for me to mention the swarm in yellowstone. And the injection in its hydrothermal areas also. Along with all the swarms in CA that folks are living with. Is this how government does business? Money comes first? They knew all along....
edit on 3-3-2011 by elouina because: Injection wells cosing was Posted already...

I wouldn't exactly claim victory yet.....we are talking about an oil company.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
My radio woke me at 6.00am today with our local news. The second story in was about Fracking.
I live in the UK - England - Lancashire and it was news to me that 'Fracking' is also being done on my doorstep. Apparently the news reader said that the 'Fracking' on the Fylde coast was to be put on hold due to safety concerns.
I will try to find more information, but as yet I am struggling.

On a side note, this is an interesting short doccumentary on Fracking.... great for people new to the issue.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3/3/11 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Not sure how many people actually read the content of posts. But like I mentioned earlier it has been aknowledged and accepted that Enhanced geothermal Systems definately cause Induced Seismicity from the deep-well injection. And the folks in California live with microseismic events and EQ on a regular basis from this.

Current studies of The Geysers Geothermal Field seismicity have reached the conclusion that deep-well injection in the field produces mostly microseismic events between magnitude 0.5-3.0 on the Richter Scale (M).[7] As can be seen in the figure, the seismicity between magnitude 3.0 and 4.6 (the largest event recorded in The Geysers field which was in 1973) is on the order of a few M4 events per year and on the order of 20 to 30 M3 events per year. Although the M4 events have been increasing, the number of M3 events have been relatively constant since the mid 1980s.

The Geysers

Why are you not furious over this? Why was this mostly passed over?

Californians should not be living like this, and neither should Arkansas residents either. It is not up to our governments to decide that political contributions and big business are more important than US citizens.

Tomorrow when I get home from work, I am going to investigate just what ground those AR injection wells are sitting in.

And does anyone here even know that the massive mud volcano in Indonesia, was proven by a panel of worldwide geologists, to be caused by fracking? That thing may be spewing for 10 or more years!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbduff
My radio woke me at 6.00am today with our local news. The second story in was about Fracking.
I live in the UK - England - Lancashire and it was news to me that 'Fracking' is also being done on my doorstep. Apparently the news reader said that the 'Fracking' on the Fylde coast was to be put on hold due to safety concerns.
I will try to find more information, but as yet I am struggling.

On a side note, this is an interesting short doccumentary on Fracking.... great for people new to the issue.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3/3/11 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

Didn't you have some small quakes up in the Fylde/NW area of England at the tail end of last year? Related perhaps?

December 21, 2010 Coniston, Cumbria[21] [22] 3.5 Felt across Cumbria and also in Dumfries & Galloway, Isle of Man and Lancashire en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Wall Street Journal ran a report late yesterday afternoon.
Arkansas television had started to run the story as well.
Now the rest of the chamber will echo today.
AP is reporting on the emergency meeting.

Subject, the two injection wells amid the swarm earthquakes.
I kept my laser on the target. Now the artillery is directed and landing in range.

www.businessweek.com...

www.ajc.com...

If you're observant, you should start to see the counter-attack soon.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Off topic maybe but interesting -- the Fly Geyser in Nevada, accidently caused by drilling a well in early 1900s -- it's strange-looking but beautiful.
en.wikipedia.org...en.wikipedia.org...
youtube video: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
And the quakes haven't stopped. They're just smaller. Here's a 1.9 mag. I'm surprised it made the list.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Drilling causes mud-volcano in Indonesia.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Hi Robin!

This is a website I use to see the smaller quakes.

Recent Earthquakes in Central US

So far for today here are the quakes listed:
1.9 2011/03/03 08:05:23 35.282N 92.337W 4.1 5 km ( 3 mi) S of Guy, AR
2.3 2011/03/03 02:13:17 35.282N 92.337W 4.3 5 km ( 3 mi) S of Guy, AR
2.2 2011/03/03 02:09:14 35.284N 92.332W 3.4 5 km ( 3 mi) S of Guy, AR

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Reply to post by Robin Marks

Didn't you mention Oklahoma the other day. There was one that showed up there yesterday.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Yes, yes I did. I mentioned it because I was curious about the inactivity. For months and months I've watched Oklahoma light up. It's been quiet and that's not normal.

I haven't had time to look on Google Earth at the location to check for fracking pads. I know they are fracking and injecting, because they've had many stories in the past wondering if the drilling was the cause. Same as in Texas.

Since there's been a moratorium in Arkansas on new injection permits, drillers have been sending thier waste water to Oklahoma.

Swarms in Arkansas. Swarms in Texas. Swarms in Arkansas.

What do these places have in common?

Injection wells.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We just had a pretty good jolt

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

Yes, I just saw it show up on the webicorder. 3+ at least.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

If you look at the water management report I posted my previous post, you will see that a lot of the used frac fluid from the Marcellus Shale play indisposed of in OK, inthink the report even shows the location of many of the disposal wells.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Magnitude 3.0
Date-Time Thursday, March 03, 2011 at 15:31:49 UTC
Thursday, March 03, 2011 at 09:31:49 AM at epicenter

Location 35.266°N, 92.371°W
Depth 6 km (3.7 miles)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
and another good one.....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I hope it doesn't start back but GEE is looking like it might. Have some errands to run and things to do.

Where is the safest place on this planet to live does anyone know?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yup...looks like another 3.0+

Don't think we've two big ones that close together before?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I live where it's cold. But it's pretty safe. Near Winnipeg Canada.

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join