It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

No expert here, just stating the facts and searching for answers myself. That cloudsinthesky asked me, was truly bizarre and alarming as we are as far apart as Greeneyes (sp) and me.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
This thread is about FEMA suddenly ordering enough meals for 14 million people:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this is in addition to the meals for the test day - but I'm not sure.

Enough meals for 14 million people?

The 2010 Census put the population of Arkansas at just over 2.9 million people. Where will the resources for the other 11 million people be needed? And how long are these supplies supposed to last the 14 million people?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Robin,i may have found a possible Explanation for these Earthquakes. Dont know if someone thought about it already,if yes,ignore this Post

Someone mentioned an inactive Volcano underneath Arkansas. Which could indeed be the Reason for these Earthquakes...What if the Water with all those Chemicals eroded/liquified (sp?) the Ground to such a degree,that the Magma has an easier Time pushing up?

This could also explain why the Ground is moving so much. Because Earthquakes in looser Grounds move faster/different than in Hard/Rocky Locations,right? And why this Quakes only started happening recently in this particular Location.

Though im starting to ramble,another thing i thought about is Volcanos in General. Isn´t Magma the same? Meaning it can move faster in looser Ground and erupt more often than others which are located on harder Ground?

Just wanted to get this out,back to Sleep,nighty night

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Makes me a bit concerned when it is so.....silent for this long.

It seems the longer it goes, the bigger they are.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by Daughter2

Coolottie(sp?) had a thread on this very subject. It was also discovered that FEMA had RFIs in for blankets and hydration supplies for the same area in the same numbers (7million survivors)

The thing is, I can't find either of those now. They were all listed here but are now gone

I m ownthe period has expired on them but they were still searchable recently

Anyone know anything about this?

I recall they cancelled this original proposal. Didn't they? Anyways, here are the more up to date links. They are counting on 7 million survivors in the New madrid fault line area. My question is what is the population there right now?

in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations. FEMA is considering the following specifications (14M blankets per day):

14 million blankets

Shelters

Hydration supplies

Meals(cancelled)
edit on 2-3-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
SO when do you all think this story will step out of the conspiracy shadows and into the light of mainstream media? After a few million die?

Oh...looks like the quakes may be starting again. Small one coming through now (GEE is finally working again)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I live in NE Ohio. About 15 minutes ago (4am local time) I heard a muffled boom and my house shook. The neighbor needs a new muffler bit it wasn't him. It is not thundering. I can't find an explanation. Thought I would post this just in case it could be related somehow.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
All the effort and time and passion put into this thread is greatly appreciated.

Something I am curious about. Can anyone tell me why, if true, there are no underground bases on the east side of the US? Are there any underground bases on the east side? Does anyone know? I can't imagine why someone would want to build under or around a major fault line or near the NMZ.

I have no idea if this map is an accurate representation of what's really down there but if this map is correct, it sure would fit in with the New Madrid, Guy and other faults.

Iwww.bibliotecapleyades.net...

It could be bunk. : /

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

Originally posted by Daughter2
This thread is about FEMA suddenly ordering enough meals for 14 million people:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this is in addition to the meals for the test day - but I'm not sure.

Enough meals for 14 million people?

The 2010 Census put the population of Arkansas at just over 2.9 million people. Where will the resources for the other 11 million people be needed? And how long are these supplies supposed to last the 14 million people?

I'd read multiple times that they were looking to price items for 7 million people to cover a 10 day period; info was originally on FEMA website. I'd also seen elsewhere that they were looking for waterproof coffins! DUH? I'm sure the 7 million was figured to cover a multi-state area. A rather scary requisition for just a preparedness "drill" , considering this country is bankrupt, huh? But, not to worry if you're an elitist or someone with a minimum of $45K to spare for a space in one of many underground bunkers which are designed to be self-contained small cities, reportedly impervious to any disaster. Here's a list of the cities that have them:

Currently, ARC Bunkers will be located in the following 38 cities:

In alphabetical order: Albuquerque NM, Atlanta GA, Austin TX, Baltimore MD, Boston MA, Charlotte NC, Chicago IL, Columbus OH, Dallas TX, Denver CO, Detroit MI, El Paso TX, Fort Worth TX, Fresno CA, Houston TX, Huntsville AL, Indianapolis IN, Jacksonville FL, Kansas City KS, Las Vegas NV, Los Angeles CA, Louisville KY, Memphis TN, Mesa AZ, Milwaukee WI, Nashville TN, New York NY, Oklahoma City OK, Philadelphia PA, Phoenix AZ, Portland OR, San Antonio TX, San Diego CA, San Francisco CA, San Jose CA, Seattle WA, Tucson AZ, and Washington DC.

For more info, clickwww.archbunkers.com....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The boom and shake at 4am was from another house explosion about 20 miles away. This one was due to propane. Sorry off topic but I'm getting paranoid with all the quake activity.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Glad to see that today Fox news reported that these may be man made...yeah! Someone is wising up. WWW.foxnews.com... I hope that link works. I can't log into ATS from work so I had to manually type in the link.
Keep up the great work. I watch the EQ activity and am addicted to this thread. Appreciate all the hard work and effort!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm glad that there were no quakes big enough to rattle Arkansas overnight. There were dozens. But all relatively small.

One key thing to note is that the soils are saturated. And the forecast is showing more and more rain. There are already floods in some locations.

The microsiesmic noise is showing on many stations. You can even see a small influence on Yellowstone's webicorders.

And finally! There are finally geologists ready to point the finger at the injection wells and they are speaking out. Maybe we helped a little.

www.foxnews.com...

Let's say the injection wells didn't cause the swarm. Let's say it's completely natural. It still doesn't make sense to operate injection wells right beside an active fault. It was silly in the first place given that it's relatively close to Enola, a known siesmic area.

Oh, in an earlier post I wanted to add some videos on the tides. I forgot.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by opal13
Glad to see that today Fox news reported that these may be man made...yeah! Someone is wising up. WWW.foxnews.com... I hope that link works. I can't log into ATS from work so I had to manually type in the link.
Keep up the great work. I watch the EQ activity and am addicted to this thread. Appreciate all the hard work and effort!

I just got done reading that (independent of your post and link) and managed to read about the first 50 comments (out of almost 300)....I'm done! The ignorance and stupidity is astounding.....EX): "Oh, it's Obama's fault!!!! He is against energy and he will create earthquakes so that they have to stop drilling. lol. You people amuse me with your conspiracy theories." And then there are some obvious gubmint schills posting. I'm still keeping an open mind and will continue to follow this thread. Thank you all, for what you bring to the enlightenment table.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Reply to post by Toots

I didn't read any of the comments but probably should have linked this thread to it! People only want to believe what they want and all the research and evidence put in this thread by alot of time and hard work wouldn't change the thinking of many. Open mindedness isn't a strong point for many.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I just started a thread about my car being covered in red dirty dust... not just mine, all over the county. I live in Western Ky. They explained on the news that it was probably picked up from a dust storm in Texas and rained down on us in the rain storm Monday... don't laugh, I am serious... could it be linked to the NM Fault? or is the excuse the news gave more plausible. I have lived here all my life and have never seen this before.

I looked for your thread but couldn't find it. We've had this 'phenomenon' here too with fine sand from the Sahara being deposited with rain. Was a few years ago and I remember all the cars being 'coated' in a light brown dust. Considering how far the Sahara is from Ireland it's quite amazing what can be carried by winds and weather (chemtrails
) I'm no expert but this is probably quite normal.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

I found Greenize's thread....

What the *Bleep* Is All Over My Car!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance

Originally posted by Greenize
I just started a thread about my car being covered in red dirty dust... not just mine, all over the county. I live in Western Ky. They explained on the news that it was probably picked up from a dust storm in Texas and rained down on us in the rain storm Monday... don't laugh, I am serious... could it be linked to the NM Fault? or is the excuse the news gave more plausible. I have lived here all my life and have never seen this before.

I looked for your thread but couldn't find it. We've had this 'phenomenon' here too with fine sand from the Sahara being deposited with rain. Was a few years ago and I remember all the cars being 'coated' in a light brown dust. Considering how far the Sahara is from Ireland it's quite amazing what can be carried by winds and weather (chemtrails
) I'm no expert but this is probably quite normal.

Not to get off topic on this thread but this "dusting" occurred evidently from Oklahoma to Kentucky…… I live in SW MO and since I am part of the testing the rain project I noticed this dusting Monday morning. Every car in my area was coated from the rain. I contacted Antar who lives about 90 miles east of my location and she had the coating as well that morning.
We had several tornadoes touch ground from this storm system……………That is the only explanation for the dusting I see at this time………I don’t see this having anything to do with the fault…….

edit on 2-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
I live in NE Ohio. About 15 minutes ago (4am local time) I heard a muffled boom and my house shook. The neighbor needs a new muffler bit it wasn't him. It is not thundering. I can't find an explanation. Thought I would post this just in case it could be related somehow.

I live in NE Ohio also and felt nothing. However, I am not sure where you are exactly but there was a house explosion at about 4:30 am this morning.

www.newsnet5.com...

If this is close to you then it could be what you felt and heard.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

I emailed the Fox affiliate in St. Louis, and the local radio station also picked up on it. I am talking to anyone who may listen.

The ground is saturated here and I am located on the edge of a sinkhole. The vibrations from Arkansas travel North, so I feel them on the south side of my house.

This part of Missouri is riddled with so many sinkholes and caves that we have been declared an ecologically important Karst region. We have attended meetings about what we can and can't do to our land because of the holes. This area also has gas storage facilities underground in salt domes. To the north are deep quarries, and the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers. In that area, the land is very flat (and floodable) for miles. Then it gets hilly with caves, mounds, and sinks.

An earthquake of any significance would trigger very bad things.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I hope everyone in this thread is smart enough to tell what information is MISINFORMATION and what is TRUTH. The outstanding evidence shows that our Government knows about an Earthquake of giant magnitude in The New Madrid Fault Zone at some point in the recent future. The Government is also very aware of Arkansas' volcano which is the source of Arkansas' diamonds, hot springs, and natural gas deposits.

Hydro-fracturing or "fraccing" Has NOTHING to do with the issue. While Arkansas DOES have drilling sites, it is not the cause of the Earthquakes of 2.5+ magnitude rolling through in a regular fashion in one single area.

Folks, they're linking you to FOX NEWS, which is an ENTERTAINMENT news source.

Please, citizens of the New Madrid Fault Zone (including Missouri and Tennessee) pay attention to the facts and the opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join