It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two SHIELD Acts—One for WikiLeaks and One for EMPs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is so strange. I hope I word this correctly.

I just posted a Breaking Alternative News story about an article from RawStory about Representative King introducing legislation against WikiLeaks and being called the SHIELD Act (thread here).

The news there seems to be related to the other SHIELD Act, introduced in the Senate in December of 2010, this one), "This Act may be cited as the `Securing Human Intelligence and Enforcing Lawful Dissemination Act' or the `SHIELD Act'."

However, upon further digging, I see that the only bill related to King (another King?) with the words SHIELD Act is this one , "This Act may be cited as the `Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act' or the `SHIELD Act'," introduced in the House on February 11, 2011.

So now, apparently, there are two (maybe even three) pieces of legislation (one or two from the House and one from the Senate that I see so far] both called "The SHIELD Act." At first I was wondering if RawStory didn't just mess up
But they have a quote from King and everything.

But now, upon seeing what the rather alarming subject of the House SHIELD Act legislation is, particularly with all the weirdness going on with the magnetic pole shift and solar storms, I'm also wondering if perhaps this isn't some kind of diabolical plan to thwart us from finding out information about this bill when we do a search.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the House SHIELD Act:

(1) According to the Report of the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse Attack (in this Act referred to as the `EMP Commission Report'), the society and economy of the United States are `critically dependent upon the availability of electricity.'.

(6) According to the EMP Commission Report, EMP occurs both naturally, such as geomagnetic storms, and via manmade devices.

and

(5) GEOMAGNETIC STORM- The term `geomagnetic storm' means a temporary disturbance of the Earth's magnetic field resulting from solar activity.

`(6) GRID SECURITY THREAT- The term `grid security threat' means a substantial likelihood of--

`(A) a malicious act using an electromagnetic pulse, or a geomagnetic storm event, that could disrupt the operation of those electrical or electronic devices or communications networks, including hardware, software, and data, that are essential to the reliability of the bulk-power system or of defense critical electric infrastructure; and

`(B) disruption of the operation of such devices or networks, with significant adverse effects on the reliability of the bulk-power system or of defense critical electric infrastructure, as a result of such act or event.

Here is a Congressional report from 2004 about the EMP threat. Report of the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack. Is this the same bill referred to in this 2011 legislation? Maybe it's a report they do every year or so.

According to the Report of the Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse Attack (in this Act referred to as the ‘‘EMP Commission Report’’)...

Anyway, there are absolutely no hits on any search engine that I used for the House SHIELD Act of February 11, 2011, yet. At the same time there are quite a few for the Senate one from December 2010 and a couple for this King story today. Are they trying to keep us from finding or seeing something about the EMP-related legislation? It almost seems to be by design. Three SHIELD Acts, two Kings....

Why would they give two (maybe three now) different pieces of legislation the same name? Is this a common practice? I can see this happening if the legislation is about the same thing, but in this case the two SHIELD Acts appear to be about very different subjects.

Also very interesting, again, is that there are no news reports of this House SHIELD Act of February 11, 2011, about EMPs yet. Again particularly when we are having all these discussions about storms and weather and odd happenings around the world. Seems like a pretty big deal to me, considering.

What do you think? Maybe I'm being too paranoid and this is all common practice? I did also find a SHIELD Act from 2004 regarding domestic violence (HR 2695), but that was not an acronym. But what are the odds of two bills coming up with the same acronym for two entirely topically different pieces of legislation? Seriously.

[Also? When a Breaking Alternative News story about the House SHIELD Act about EMPs does come? It's mine. In fact, maybe this actually qualifies as breaking news?
Isn't ATS an alternative news source in a way?]

edit on 2/16/2011 by ~Lucidity because: I made some typos, of course.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Some of the information that I can add to your search for the truth (and thank you for that, by the way)

www.empactamerica.org...
www.congress.org...
part way down on page

Doing a search at congress.org brings up a lot of letters to congresspersons - search term : shield act, emp act. 2011

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Thanks. Yes, there's tons out there about EMP, in general. Waxman's congress.org page even had the EMP Sorcha Faal story on it.
National Geographic's Electronic Armageddon is pretty dramatic. One quote from it is particularly of note, "...it would change the world order."

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
People need to stand up and not take this censorship. Are they really trying to put the two together so Americans don't notice the one is slipping into the other then it will make all the information disappear online, and illegal to write on this? Is this whats going on?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Julian Assange, wikileaks, the things we're facing in the news, so much of info is just distractions. The pole shift is the big thing they don't want us to wake up to, or the commerce would all stop, their money making cow would stop giving them the cream they want, their goose would stop laying the golden egg.

But what they don't understand, despite all their stargates, and portals, and black magic and freaking science type black op projects, is that the dark side didn't create the universe. The sun is a true window/portal home, a wonderful mystery. That pole shifts wake people up, they have silver linings.

This should actually point the way to the kind of awareness and work that is needed. ET_MAN's thread, warning from the benevolents is all about getting our house in order, and passing the tests here.

Everything else seems to be a distraction.

Reminds me of John Lear and Sleepr/Lou Baldin also, saying to live with integrity, and love your family. Tell them how much you love them every day and care about others, find unity.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It just seemed strange to me, and I wanted to document it.

Almost like an intentional smokescreen or something. But then again, it could be nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but here's a good overview of the EMP threat.

National Energy Grid Threatened by EMP Attack

The Threat Is Real
The Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack issued a 228-page report in 2008 on the serious dangers facing our nation from EMPs. This Commission has ended its work, but efforts are underway to renew it for further study of this threat.

The report deals with several critical infrastructures that could be impacted by an EMP attack: Electric power; telecommunications; banking and finance; petroleum and natural gas; transportation; food; water; emergency services; space; and government.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I feel that just about everything is a smokescreen and its been pretty consistent with their bills, putting a whole bunch of other stuff in that doesnt belong.

If we could only see that they are doing the distractions and then determine to keep on task, which is, uniting and getting rid of the corruption in governments and behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

That is certainly not an easy acronym to come up with, so what are the chances of 3 hitting at the same time? And two of them authored by "King" but not the same King. An extremely odd coincidence or something worse.

I believe the effects of Wikileaks are profound and not totally comprehended yet (kind of like the Gulf Oil spill).

Something is afoot, whether it is natural, astronomical, or just political is the question, but something is rapidly coming to a head.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The pole shift is the big thing they don't want us to wake up to, or the commerce would all stop, their money making cow would stop giving them the cream they want, their goose would stop laying the golden egg.

First of all, sorry if this is a bit of topic.

But isn't capitalizing on crisis like the #1 moneymaker? Wouldn't hyping a thing like the pole shift lead to massive hoarding of food and utillities?

Just thought that statement was completely illogical.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I feel that just about everything is a smokescreen and its been pretty consistent with their bills, putting a whole bunch of other stuff in that doesnt belong.

If we could only see that they are doing the distractions and then determine to keep on task, which is, uniting and getting rid of the corruption in governments and behind the scenes.

I totaly agree!!! Its as though they throw a bunch of interesting Sh*t on the wall and see's what sticks, hype everyone up about the sh*t on the wall and quietly resume whatever it is they were concerned with. Just watching the morning news is kinda funny anymore, I always turn on the AM news to see what they want us to be interested in, while logging in to see whats really going on. INTERESTING TIME TO LIVE IN!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Very good find.
So this is one of the ways they hide things in plane site.
They can say “it is on the internet!”.

And when Google started its search engine was the best.
But now you can see that Google is choosing what gets searched.
You only get what they want you to see.
So it is as much Google’s fault as the governments.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I think thats exactly what they have done. I am already noticing weirdness when I search for certain things. I search for US riot police, and I get images of the middle east protests. Not the many images of US riot police gassing people in the US I used to find.

I search a lot, Im an information junkie. And the reason I am on this thread is because I suddenly noticed some serious weirdness happening in my searches and asked, innocently, if something about Google had changed.

I think we are past they stage of "they might" and into the "they are" censoring and redirecting searches on the internet.

Wow. Just wow.

top topics

join