It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My persuasive speech on why 2012 is not the End of The World now being turned into why it's ending

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Ok, I took the time to read, lets break it down a little shall we...

1. Global warming, which can easily bring upon an ice age which can destroy most of the life on planet Earth.
2. The world’s financial system breaks down.
3. Pandemics such as AIDS, Bird Flu, SARS, Swine Flu may spread.
4. Starvation
5. Poverty
6. And the biggest one of all, Wars.
All of that is just guesswork, except for maybe number 2 which seems to be happening. Where as 5 and 4 are already taking place on a grand scale.

If ANYTHING could happen, I would suggest that there will be the possibility of World War 3, and afterwards, our country will be peaceful once again. I say this because not only has WW3 been predicted sometime near the December 21st, 2012 date, but that after every world war we have seen, everybody gets back into state of joy, peacefulness, and love. This is fairly evident in the 1920’s after WW1 and in the 1950’s after WW2. Also, the end of 2012, and moving onto 2013, is supposed to be the dawn of a “new age” where our civilization moves on from the fighting and hate and onto love and joy. So after all the WW3 prediction seems to fit in just right. Also, with this new age, it’ll feel like some sort of “upgrade” to mankind and our spiritual well-being. This is what the Mayans refer to as another Age of “Enlightenment”, where the truth behind the world will finally be revealed.
Why does a prediction of WWIII have more weight than other predictions? Why does a prediction of a "New Age" have more weight than other predictions? And how can you then link WWIII and a New Age together and say it's more likely than other predictions? Kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

So back with NASA, they have answered some very sincere questions regarding these different theories:
1. One of the questions asked in general, can any disaster happen on this date? NASA replied back saying our planet has been getting along for 4 billion years and that it plans on doing it’s job even past 2012.
2. Another widely-speculated theory is that a planet called Nibiru/Planet X comes into our orbit every 3,600 years, a planet containing ET life called the Annunaki. The ancient Sumerians described these beings in their writings on stone tablets. Yet NASA says that there is no scientific evidence of this planet anywhere near our solar system, yet. If it were real, NASA says, then the gravitational force of it would be effecting us right now.
3. Another question answered by NASA is “Does the Mayan Calendar end on December 21st, 2012?” Well technically it does but it doesn’t necessarily mean absolute destruction and chaos. It just means that the Mayan “Long Count” ends and then we enter the next “count”. There is no evidence showing that the Mayan intended this calendar to show when the “end” will be. Time simply goes on.
4. One last question was asked about solar flares happening in 2012. NASA replied that yes, there will be solar flares happening throughout 2012-2013 but this happens every 11 years and if you look around the room, we are still alive.

1. NASA didn't answer anything here, they skipped around the question of "will a disaster happen" and answered the planet will still be orbiting the Sun. Which I don't doubt, but that doesn't say much about our well being.
2. A reasonable answer, probably because Planet X has nothing to do with 2012 (if real at all).
3. They didn't intend the calender to mark the end of time or something, but you said it yourself that the end of a cycle represents a time of chaos right?
4. You neglected to mention the fact that these will be some of the most intense solar flares ever experienced because the Sun will be awakening from a long slumber and will be more active than ever.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Don't forget a solar flare taking out all power about that time. Also a pole shift, and comets hitting the earth. There is also the New Madrid fault line to consider, and the Georgia Guide stones.
Oh, and don't forget about the galactic belt crossing (the real physical crossing).

If you really want to wow your class mates just mention that Ufo will probably be landing on that date as well.
Actually, I think the most likely thing to happen (if anything indeed does happen) is that our "Gods" will return. The ancient aliens will come back for a visit like they promised.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Good luck on that speech!

It is indeed persuasive for someone who hasn't really looked onto the topic, or for someone who doesn't question the authority (in this case: NASA). I don't know if it could help, but maybe putting in more sources than just NASA. It's not really reliable when it comes to conspirations. Never would they admit the end of the world, even if it were real. Imagine the chaos it would cause! I question the validity of some of your arguments as well.

But good paper, even though our opinions are slightly different.

As for the counterpart, you could throw in some straight cosmic facts. Actually, you could try to convince them for real! Talk about the collapsing heliosphere, the climate change in the whole solar system, the solar maximum, the weird weather here on Earth, you can even throw in some David Wilcock (who does speculation on scientific facts and laws, not pseudo-science)...Try to play the cover-up card, since you really need to convince them of the end. If you dig deep enougj, you can even indirectly debunk your first speech, but in a subtle way so your first speech's arguments appear invalid or false. The enormous amount of data will convince them.

Do you actually have to read it in front of the class or something?

Anyways keep up, and post it here when you're done with the counter attack!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh great idea! Try talking about neutrinos, carbon-7, cosmic rays, DNA evolution, how it's related with the heliosphere partial collapse or even the article about Betelgeuse going supernova anytime. Their jaws will drop aha!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I would base it on the mayan calendar ending and the alignment of the solar system with the galatic plane. Throw in some Nibiru and how it's presence will affect the electromagnetics of the planet, spinning us into a physical pole shift and wiping out humanity. Talk about how the first sun destroyed mars and forced us to earth where we have been wiped out by each of the next suns and forced to start over.How each time our ancient gods are here to give a hand and a bit of seed(manjuice) so we can start our climb upwards again.

Having to argue this topic and not look crazy will be hard to do.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
the world is not going to end, just like it hasn't ended before. however there is probible chance that parts of the world could be wiped out.

it's funny that you are using those exact Q&A's from NASA... I just sent this to my sister in an email about a week ago after she sent me that link....

NASA says
Question (Q): Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012? Many Internet websites say the world will end in December 2012.
Answer (A): Nothing bad will happen to the Earth in 2012...

I could site many websites discussing any number of things, but I will just stick to a page from NASA's own website to rebuttle this question. Back in March of 2006 NASA confirmed the coming solar storms from our sun, which they have since upgraded these coming solar flares to a class Y storms(the worst kind imaginable. The last one of this magnitude was over a 100 years ago, and flattened electronics of the time world wide. In the present, it is websites are predicting nothing can be done to prevent damage from these solar storms, and electricity and communication will be down for months at a minimum).

science.nasa.gov...

NASA say's
Q: What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in 2012?
A: The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerian's, is headed toward Earth. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012. Then these two fables were linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

Ummmm complete disinformation from NASA to keep people dumbed down and stupid. The object Nibiru has been theorized in modern day science to be the Brown Dwarf lurking past Pluto, and in ancient history as the 12th planet in our solar system(Sumerian's regarded the sun and moon as planets as well) and was documented all the way back to the Earth's oldest known advanced civilization. It is estimated to be several times the size oj Jupiter, and is on a 3,600 year orbit to circle the sun. Unlike the rest of the planetary bodies in our solar system that follow a circular pattern while orbiting the sun, Nibiru is said to travel a highly elliptical orbit, and as it nears our sun it comes very close to all of the orbiting planets, and because of it's massive size, the gravitational pull of all these bodies, including our sun, throws everything into chaos.

The Mayans were completely separate from the Sumerian s, and lived thousands of years later. Aside from the Mayan calendar and it's December 21, 2012 calender end date, the Sumerian's calculated previously 2012 would also be one of the years Nibiru would be entering our solar system. This information was separated by an ocean, and thousands of years from the Mayans, and there is no way they would have learned it from one another. However, the Mayans also have documented on two separate occasions the destruction of a large planet moving past Earth, as do many other ancient historical documents, all of which their dates match up.....

This is my favorite question they did.... I cannot believe they got away with it...
NASA says
Question: Is there a planet or brown dwarf called Nibiru or Planet X or Eris that is approaching the Earth and threatening our planet with widespread destruction?
Answer: Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed for an encounter with the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have been tracking it for at least the past decade, and it would be visible by now to the naked eye. Obviously, it does not exist. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles.

A massive 'planet X'(planet/star/comet) has been hypothesized by modern day astrologer's as far back as the 1700's. It was known that there had to be a large object in the outer reaches of our solar system, because of the strain, and pull that has always been affects the outer most planets. Many astrologer's knew it was there, but hey don't take their word for it, take NASA's!! NASA released a statement in 1983 confirming the discovery of a massive planet OR brown dwarf(a star that never matured into a full star) that is humongous, and many, many times bigger then Jupiter. Again in 1992 NASA released a statement regarding the inconsistencies with the outer planet's and a mysterious strain on their sun rotation. NASA then concluded the hypothesized massive object to indeed be a drown dwarf(star) that was also indeed a part of our our solar system following an unusual pattern around the sun which contributed to it pulling the outer planets out of whack.

After 1992 the story was dropped completely, and NASA never again mentioned 'planet X'. However thanks to the internet a simple google search will bring up both releases(1983-1992) on NASA's findings. Also in January of 2005 when Eris was discovered NASA titled it as being the '10th planet in our solar system', but shortly after 1 year later in 2006, it was downgraded to a 'dwarf planet'.

interesting.... NASA just confirmed today along with Russian scientists that in approx 2026-29 Earth is going to have a very close encounter and confirmed possible collision with an asteroid that is 2 times the size of a football field... NASA confirmed.... Real... Now isn't that lovely? If planet X doesn't get up, or the weather, or the Earth flipping on itself, we have an asteroid bigger then the one that killed the dinosaurs headed straight for Earth. Russia has know about the asteroid since the 1980s, and along with NASA are just mentioning it now because it is visible on any amateur telescope at this point.

If we are getting disclosure on an asteroide headed for Earth solely based on the fact that anyone can see it now, or that it can't be hidden for the public anymore, it doesn't sound very good to me. Asteroids are discovered everyday, and publicly named and announced everyday, for some reason the governments of separate nations each decided to keep this one a secret for over 20 years. A secret.....

The earth has been just fine for 4 billion years eh?..... aside from all those mass extinctions hey??? just fine...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
LOL thanks for your replies guys! Especially from WhizPiz... Ended up giving me some good pointers. I'd personally reply to everyones posts but I am tired right now and going to sleep. Expect some replies tomorrow? Whatever keeps em comin, eh?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That's just hillarious.

Time to take a speech class, or it just could be that the facts overroad his own personal accessment. That can happen when the truth of the facts come out, and are just too hard to ignore.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Great speech. All though I don't necessarily agree with comparing it to Y2K, it is still very good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join