It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My persuasive speech on why 2012 is not the End of The World now being turned into why it's ending

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ok so to start this off, I am currently taking Speech Comm at Flagler College. Just recently, I wrote my persuasive speech on why the world will not be ending in 2012. Here is my whole speech including the outline:

General Purpose:
To persuade the audience into believing that the whole 2012 ‘End of Days’ theory won’t happen.

Specific Purpose:
To persuade the audience into disregarding the 2012 ‘End of Days’ theory because there has been plenty other predictions just like this that have been made but never happened.

Thesis:
What if I told you that all this stuff you hear in the media and Internet about 2012 being the end of the world was all just a mistake of translation?

Sources

www.nasa.gov...

www.disclose.tv...://mayasoma.wordpress.com/2010/12/14/steady-are-you-ready/

www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

Intro:

What if I told you that all this stuff you hear in the media and Internet about 2012 being the end of the world was all just a mistake of translation of the Mayan calendar? Well according to NASA, 2012 is simply just going to be another year that we all live through. There have been countless other predictions and prophecies that have been made in the past and nothing happens and we live through it. For example, here are some dates that people had predicted doomsday would land on:

1. January 1, 2000, also known as the YTK bug that was supposed to wipe out all computers. Charles Berlitz, an author, wrote a book in 1981 called Doomsday 1999. Charles also warned that 1999 could inflict flood, famine, pollution, and a shift of Earth’s magnetic poles. He also spotlighted the planetary alignment of May 5, 2000, and warned that it could have deadly effects such as solar flares, severe earthquakes, “land changes” and “seismic explosions”. Did any of this happen? No.
2. So after this January 1, 2000 “doomsday scenario” went on without anything happening and everybody calmed down, the same exact guy moved his so-called “Doomsday day” to May 5th, 2000. And did it happen? No.
3. NASA states that there have been hundreds if not thousands of “end of the world” predictions that have never ended up being true.

Well you may be wondering what the Mayans say about this. Well, just recently the Mayan High Council has spoken out to the general public for the first time in 500 years. On December 21st, 2012, the Mayans will be doing their “13 Crystal Skulls ceremony” where they dance around and worship these skulls for their “Gods”. And that’s it! They expect to live through this “end of the world”/end of one calendar cycle and onto the next, just like they have every other time a certain time on their calendar has come to an end. “The Maya believe that every new cycle in their calendar (the most accurate the world has ever seen) is heralded by chaos. Examples of this are:

1. Global warming, which can easily bring upon an ice age which can destroy most of the life on planet Earth.
2. The world’s financial system breaks down.
3. Pandemics such as AIDS, Bird Flu, SARS, Swine Flu may spread.
4. Starvation
5. Poverty
6. And the biggest one of all, Wars.

If ANYTHING could happen, I would suggest that there will be the possibility of World War 3, and afterwards, our country will be peaceful once again. I say this because not only has WW3 been predicted sometime near the December 21st, 2012 date, but that after every world war we have seen, everybody gets back into state of joy, peacefulness, and love. This is fairly evident in the 1920’s after WW1 and in the 1950’s after WW2. Also, the end of 2012, and moving onto 2013, is supposed to be the dawn of a “new age” where our civilization moves on from the fighting and hate and onto love and joy. So after all the WW3 prediction seems to fit in just right. Also, with this new age, it’ll feel like some sort of “upgrade” to mankind and our spiritual well-being. This is what the Mayans refer to as another Age of “Enlightenment”, where the truth behind the world will finally be revealed.

So back with NASA, they have answered some very sincere questions regarding these different theories:
1. One of the questions asked in general, can any disaster happen on this date? NASA replied back saying our planet has been getting along for 4 billion years and that it plans on doing it’s job even past 2012.
2. Another widely-speculated theory is that a planet called Nibiru/Planet X comes into our orbit every 3,600 years, a planet containing ET life called the Annunaki. The ancient Sumerians described these beings in their writings on stone tablets. Yet NASA says that there is no scientific evidence of this planet anywhere near our solar system, yet. If it were real, NASA says, then the gravitational force of it would be effecting us right now.
3. Another question answered by NASA is “Does the Mayan Calendar end on December 21st, 2012?” Well technically it does but it doesn’t necessarily mean absolute destruction and chaos. It just means that the Mayan “Long Count” ends and then we enter the next “count”. There is no evidence showing that the Mayan intended this calendar to show when the “end” will be. Time simply goes on.
4. One last question was asked about solar flares happening in 2012. NASA replied that yes, there will be solar flares happening throughout 2012-2013 but this happens every 11 years and if you look around the room, we are still alive.

Conclusion:

1. We will still be alive and running in 2013 and above.
a. Nothing will happen that’s major. All we can expect is some solar flares that can potentially knock out our power grid for a few days if we aren’t prepared to stop it from happening.
2. An “end of the world” as we know it, can happen any day though without warning so live every day like it’s your last.
3. NASA seems to be truthful with what they say so if you’ve seen the ‘2012’ movie, our continents aren’t going to be breaking apart and no tidal waves will be wiping out nearly all the life on Earth.

See you on the 22nd!

Okay so now that I have that out of the way, I hope you liked it. I haven't gotten my grade back yet but my professor said I did better on this one than my last speech I did, which got a C+. I hope I got the B!!

Anyways, to my conclusion of this thread, today I found out that my teacher is going to be throwing us a SURPRISE speech! And what may this be on? Well the teacher told my friend, the girl I had to introduce to the class on our first day of class (we had to introduce each other to the class), that our "Surprise Speech" will be us playing our Devils Advocate on our persuasive speech. So what this means is that the kid who did his speech on safe sex and why you should wear a condom, now has to do his speech on why people shouldn't wear a condom! (LOL gonna be funny speech). But for me, this now involves me taking my speech and turning around to make it seem like the world will be ending on December 21st, 2012. The problem is that this subject is hard to take sides because NASA from the sources I used, could be lying. We may never know til December 21st, 2012.

Any ideas or tips on what I should say while playing Devils Advocate on this speech? Thanks for taking your time to read this post! Much love, Skate.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The world won't end simply because there is no way a man can create the future without trying to do so.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yeah, the great depression brought on tons of joy after WW1, but stilll nice speech, thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Easy ...say you read the bible and in the end it turns out differently ....peace ref....Revelation

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Only problem with that is that I refuse to read the bible because religion is nothing more than just a business and scam that has brainwashed millions and millions of people across the world.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Okay, in the spirit of devil's advocacy, maybe bring in some Sitchen and Nibiru research, ice core climatology speculation and evidence, a little Mayan research. You could probably find some correlation in the cosmos like planetary alignment or asteroids. Granted now I know much of this is empty speculation, but you have to get inside the mind and resources of the doomsayers.
You could use the ATS search also and find some good discussions in the 2012 forums and elsewhere too in here probably.
My .02, and oh yea, nice paper man

Peace
spec

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
Yeah, the great depression brought on tons of joy after WW1, but stilll nice speech, thanks for posting

Lol yeah you are right about the Depression. Totally forgot about that! lol *facepalm*. and you're welcome for the speech

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Okay, in the spirit of devil's advocacy, maybe bring in some Sitchen and Nibiru research, ice core climatology speculation and evidence, a little Mayan research. You could probably find some correlation in the cosmos like planetary alignment or asteroids. Granted now I know much of this is empty speculation, but you have to get inside the mind and resources of the doomsayers.
You could use the ATS search also and find some good discussions in the 2012 forums and elsewhere too in here probably.
My .02, and oh yea, nice paper man

Peace
spec

I was just thinking of throwing in that this new Tyche planet or whatever it's called floating around somewhere near Pluto may be in fact Nibiru and that NASAs research has been proven wrong, therefore, here comes Nibiru and the end of the world! Would that be reliable?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Would that be reliable?

Sure,why not? You are going to have to reach on this one anyway.

I would include a few different angles, as mentioned above, and present them collaboratively.

spec

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

To persuade the audience into disregarding the 2012 ‘End of Days’ theory because there has been plenty other predictions just like this that have been made but never happened.

That is hilarious dude...firstly, you shouldn't be trying to "persuade" the audience, you be trying to "inform" them of the facts and reality of the situation. Secondly, because predictions like this have been made but never happened means absolutely nothing - that doesn't make all future predictions impossible, and I'm not even going to bother reading the rest.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

If you are looking for reliable info on why the world is going to end you are out of luck haha.

I would just take different theories and put them out there, that's really all you can do because there are no facts pointing to the end of the world in 2012.

Maybe talk about pole shifts, nibiru, or many of the other oddball theories out there. Just do your best to scare the crap out of your classmates

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Well way to be a dbag and not help me out and instead, ridicule my paper. F*** you.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You could also take it from a the point of view of the world as we know it ending - not just the world ending.
Check out this thread if you have not already...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
reply to post by Skate

That is hilarious dude...firstly, you shouldn't be trying to "persuade" the audience, you be trying to "inform" them of the facts and reality of the situation. Secondly, because predictions like this have been made but never happened means absolutely nothing - that doesn't make all future predictions impossible, and I'm not even going to bother reading the rest.

Have you ever taken a speech class before?

A lot of the time the goal is to persuade not just inform. Hence the reason why the professor is making them play devils advocate to see if they can persuade their classmates to believe the opposite of what their original beliefs were.

When I was in school one of my speech classes dealt directly with having speech debates where each person was given one side of an issue and we were competing to see who could sway the most people.
edit on 15-2-2011 by TV_Nation because: grammar

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
reply to post by Skate

If you are looking for reliable info on why the world is going to end you are out of luck haha.

I would just take different theories and put them out there, that's really all you can do because there are no facts pointing to the end of the world in 2012.

Maybe talk about pole shifts, nibiru, or many of the other oddball theories out there. Just do your best to scare the crap out of your classmates

Hahaha what's funny is that you're right. There is no reliable info at all

However, I can scare the crap out of them by saying what I mentioned about Nibiru not being real, and how this new Tyche planet may be Nibiru, lurking behind Pluto getting ready to head it's way over here. I will bring up the possibility of a pole shift on March 15th (Beware the Ides of March

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Communication; Public Speech 110; I remember this....good old memory
....very nice speech you got there....B or above.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
You could also take it from a the point of view of the world as we know it ending - not just the world ending.
Check out this thread if you have not already...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-2-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

That is actually a great idea. Like mention the fall of our economy and onto a new system or something of the sorts?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Look up the definition of the word "world"...

...it can mean anything from "way of life" all the way up to "universe".

The Mayans themselves say we are ending the world of the fourth sun and entering the world of the fifth sun. And they are not happy with the description given in the Hollywood movie 2012, they consider it a transition.

Would it be easier to persuade them of a transition? An end to the old way of life on earth?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
Communication; Public Speech 110; I remember this....good old memory
....very nice speech you got there....B or above.

Thank you so much! Yep, pretty awesome class I think. I am expecting a B

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Don't forget a solar flare taking out all power about that time. Also a pole shift, and comets hitting the earth. There is also the New Madrid fault line to consider, and the Georgia Guide stones.

If you really want to wow your class mates just mention that Ufo will probably be landing on that date as well. Mix in a little reptilian, and grays and you have an award winner! lol

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join