It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secrets of Schröteri Crater

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I love nasa pictures of vids, since you know they are 100% legit (might be alterd to hide # tho, but never add stuff
)

not sure of what to make of this tho. not good enough to realy tell what it is. could be anything.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I cannot see how this 'boulder / cluster' could have 'tumbled' and caused the tracks that we see.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89c0048c07fe.png[/atsimg]

The wide points (highlighted yellow) are spaced quite evenly, and does indeed look like an impression that has been made. However, if this object were to leave this uniform pattern by tumbling over, then the object would have to be a pancake shape.

There isn't enough space between the wide marks for the object to be rolled over i.e. from bottom, to side, to top, to other side and back to bottom.

This therefore leaves me to conclude that these are indentations made by the object either 'sliding' or 'moving' along. If these were casued by 'wheels', then I cannot explain the wide points...

Kind regards,

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Interesting stuff here, I see something highly reflective and cubic......If it is not a rover I would go with a large crystal content rock hitting the surface.
But I am at a loss to explain the weird/odd trail in the Lunar soil if that what this is?
This is certainly not a " Boulder" as mentioned here time and time again here, a boulder will roll, this thing is cubic and thus, unless the grade is very steep it is not going to roll.

That shiny cubic thing is not going anywhere unless its a very steep grade, I wish we had some idea of the landscape in this photo.
Enjoying the thread here and thought I would ad my opinion to the mix here.
Regards, iwinder

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Like this photo!! If you turn the pic upside down it looks like a huge chain anchored on the outside of the crater. The inside of the crater then also changes too. But then I guess it wasn't meant to be turned upside down.
Love your threads and as always good finds....I am posting on the image that has an object the size of a house rolling up out of the crater.
The first photo looks like some sort of Plant. I not talking about vegetation.
edit on 16-2-2011 by ellieN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Pictures of the Lunar Land Rover

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

That is another good point. This would lead me to believe that this cowboy figure is the source of the trail, and that something flows out from it, getting wider and wider the further it gets from the source, which is the way water tends to flow.

However, the ground elevation seems to go in the opposite direction. It appears the figure came down from the hill.

I am not finding the figure on the link yet. That should help some.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

A secret one that you know nothing about...

Just spitballin' is all...!

I honestly think that an articulated frame 'mobile processing plant' could be something like what I drew - albeit perhaps not with wheels but rather with some sort of hydraulic setup.

Not far-fetched in te least really; simple engineering solution to difficult terrain; a vehicle whose load bearing structure shape and dimensions can be adjusted to suit.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Nice closeup!

I can see where light is shining through what appears to be a hole in the object onto the shadow.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I think you've caught yourself a regular articulated spider-frame mobile lunar regolith processing thinga-mebob! I can see the hydraulic platforms in each corner; I can see the shadows! Especially if you rotate 90' clockwise!

It's a smoking gun... and one which gathers no moss...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Looks like the tumbling debris after impact left a trail but its just rocks right? Most of the man made moon gear like the Lunokhod 1 were designed to be very reflective so they could be ranged from Earth. According to a NASA press release, APOLLO researcher Tom Murphy said, "We got about 2,000 photons from Lunokhod 1 on our first try. After almost 40 years of silence, this rover still has a lot to say.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
There are only two possibilities; it is a lunar lander or it is a bunch of rocks.
Isn't that a little limiting?

Do you really think that there are only those two possibilities?

Edit: after I made this post I saw that you said, some posts after the one I was answering, that it could be two things: rocks or something else.

That's better.

I will try to get a better image, if possible.
edit on 16/2/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The extreme close-up you posted bears a resemblance to a scorpion shape, oriented as though facing the NorthEast of the frame.

Here's a mechanical scorpion oriented towards the SouthEast of the frame...

Robotics can learn a lot from mother nature. Perfection of deign comes often through evolution. Scorpions are well adapted to arid, rocky and desolate places where the terrain is changeable; also sudden changes in temperature, to high and low extremes etc. Maybe someone borrowed the basic design?

My spider-frame may not be too far out after all.

edit on 16-2-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm calling hoax on that one
Wrong year car, otherwise I might buy it

Well don't blame me , blame NASA. Seems they have a sense of humor... and we all know they suck at editing moon pictures

The one they have of the two rovers racing... now THAT one is priceless. I will dig it up later

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

While this does look strange, if you look at the large (long) pic that was posted about a third of the way down, you'll see a boulder field. The lighting and appearance of this boulder field is similar to the anomaly pic. I think it's a cluster of boulders that got ejected from somewhere. Interesting though.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
One important thing I did notice... is this image is a LOT better resolution that the Apollo stuff LRO found on the moon. So we need to confirm the actual size of this thing...

ArMap... wanna take a shot at that? Also that terrain is not very steep looking and hard to see which way is up hill. So we need some more data

edit on 16-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

I think you've caught yourself a regular articulated spider-frame mobile lunar regolith processing thinga-mebob! I can see the hydraulic platforms in each corner; I can see the shadows! Especially if you rotate 90' clockwise!

It's a smoking gun... and one which gathers no moss...

is that realy what you see, or what you want to see?

i see a VERY blurry picture, that i realy cant get anything out of at all. You need alot of imagination to see anything at all in that picture.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
in the trail. it looks as thous the piece on the left bottom side is what put thous little trails off of the big trail so maybe this thing was tumbling. it hit tumbled and landed there. it cast to much a shadow to be just a boulder though.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MelFunktion

Interesting fact.If we are to assume that Apollo 18 went on as planned in secret (far fetched, but possible), then perhaps the pile of rocks hide a Rover, or some sort of equipment that had to be left behind for some reason?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Would be interesting to be able to estimate the height of the object. If we knew the angle at which the sun is falling we could use the point of the triangular shadow as one apex of a right triangle. From there you could estimate the length ofthe base combined with one of the angles of the hypotenuse should generate an approximate height.

Any math geeks wanna give it a go?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join