It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secrets of Schröteri Crater

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

They have been on the moon many times

And yes, thats official.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ok, just because it's on the Moon, a moving rock is supposed to be intelligently controlled? Here are some moving rocks on Earth (Death Valley) that are NOT intelligently controlled....

No big deal!

edit on 16-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
reply to post by Jay-morris

They have been on the moon many times

And yes, thats official.

Yeah, but its not official that they have bases on the moon. While the photo is interesting, we need a decent resolution photo to know for sure. I mean, it could be something natural. Actually, most prob is something natural

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Does not explain the odd looking structure though, and you must admit, it is odd. But that does not mean its a man made, or ET made structure. It could be just a strange natural struture. The pixels don't help much either

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Boulders my ass.
Thats a bobcat kind of machine laying on its side. Its build to shovel stuff around. Look at the rectangular shadow of the front. Question is how on earth...ehhh...moon, is that possible?

Good one Zorgon!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Great Post Zorgon!

If this photo is 0.8m per pixel, wouldn't that make this object 50-75m across? That would be awful large for a rover.

What I am trying to get my mind around is how could boulders breaking off a mound over a period of time and rolling make such a symmetrical pathway? I can see how a single boulder of the right shape do this, but it looks to me that there are several boulders at the bottom of the debris field.

Also, I cannot conclusively tell what the lay and elevation of the terrain is.

This one has me baffled!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Love this thread kudo's....

Several things I have not ever understood...

1. we made it to the moon, why did we stop going?

2. Why did we build a expensive new toy (shuttle) to not go anywhere?

3. Now we are retiring the shuttle, and still haven't gone anywhere, why?

4. How is it that we can see so far out in space, and yet we still cant get a hi res clear pic of the moon released from the Powers that Be without distortions, or blurred areas?

My guess is that we either were told not to go back to the moon, or we never stopped going. There are many military and Quiet launches that just are not talked about. Who is to say that we are not launching craft from Antarctica, or ocean platforms. I am a firm believer that we are not being told the whole truth about our exploits in space.

Great thread, good research,

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hope4better

1. cost too much to maintain missions to the moon.
2. shuttle was meant to be re-usable, cheaper, more cost effective way of conducting space research. It was never a goal for it to escape earth orbit.
3. not enough money to send people anywhere
4. best resolution is from the LRO around 0.5m per pixel. NASA could acheive better if they wanted but have no need for higher resolution.

edit on 16-2-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Planetary scientists describe it as a stupendous channel cut by flowing lava. But on closer examination, Schroeter’s Valley and its many counterparts on the Moon refute all attempts to categorize them in such terms.

check this out here

this stuff is not manmade, nor is it a rover....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

It looks like a dude wearing a cowboy hat, looking up, as if he knows he is having his picture taken.

That is not my final answer, but it is my first impression.

Funny! I saw that too. I started to make mention of it yesterday; however, I didn't have time to trace the outline of the "cowboy". Is this Paul Bunyan's final resting place? Maybe Buzzlightyear banished Woody to the moon.

By the way, nice work Zorgon & Exuberant1! Now I am on the fence as to what the anomaly is. Though I still believe it to be a boulder(s), I suppose it could be a rover.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Its been placed in there. Its CGI anyone could do that.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Hmmm- yeah, and thats unexplained too!
The nearest anyone has come to an 'explanation' required weather, which the moon doesnt have.

Nice thread, Zorgon- Im afraid I dont buy the 'rolling boulder' theory, otherwise there would be lots of other examples of this. Ahh, those debunkers- sounding more desperate by the day!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I thought it was obvious by looking at the picture, the long one which you have to scroll through even on high res monitors....the one where the only thing that stands out is the anomoly...

...no? k, i'll come back when everyone has the eyes and the confidence to just say what it is...

...tracks, an aprox 75m~ structure...do the math...

ed: the problem is that you don't believe yourselves.
edit on 16-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just my thoughts... How can it be rocks?
Check out the shadow that the anomaly casts. It looks pretty tall and not uniform to be able to roll?? The tracks have a distinct pattern that is repeated. Would a rock do this??
Wouldn’t a rock need gravity to roll this distance??
Yes I have seen the pictures of the rocks that move in Death Valley, maybe by wind etc. Please someone find me a picture of a rock on earth (where we have weather and stronger gravity) that is of this size and irregularity that leaves tracks!
Someone mentions it is 50-75 meters across... perhaps this is it??? link

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
Great Post Zorgon!

If this photo is 0.8m per pixel, wouldn't that make this object 50-75m across?

My bad, the object is from an image strip with a res of 0.6m per pixel.

Whatever this is it is pretty big - it certainly looks larger than anything else man-made which the LRO has captured thus far.

P.S.

... So you're baffled. Welcome to the club bro.

Also, Here is my size guesstimation:

It is big...
edit on 16-2-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Ok, just because it's on the Moon, a moving rock is supposed to be intelligently controlled? Here are some moving rocks on Earth (Death Valley) that are NOT intelligently controlled....

No big deal!

Interesting point.
No. Not intelligently controlled your rocks in Death Valley.

They move because there is water vapor on the ground that create a film... and the rocks slide.

So, if the "Zorgon's Rocks" are not intelligently controlled, then there is water vapor on the Moon's atmosphere and LIQUID water on the ground!... And if there is liquid water then: THERE IS LIFE ON THE MOON!

edit on 16-2-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Thanks for your size estimation... It is really Big Structure!

Stars!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No big deal!

Dude.. Those rocks move because of the wind+ the ground becomes slippery/with almost non resistance
Those 2 things you dont have on the moon.. especially not the wind?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No big deal!

yes, i see your point, but think of the diffrence between the moon and the earth's atmosphere... the moon is not going to have the same wind conditions to push a rock (much less an enormous object like this) at all. look at the flag planted on the first lunar landing. yes, little wind, but the moon can not create wind great enough to do this.
edit on 16-2-2011 by mbaker90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is what reminds me of...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bce1d7d9387.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdbaff5e4fa7.jpg[/atsimg]

Dont all roads lead to Starcraft?

Interesting post

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join