It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien, UFO, where are we now ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
hello to all of you

last few days I was working on a personal project (I am a musician) and I was currently looking for sounds, when I had this thought.
finally in our society life beyond our planet is still a taboo subject , we are in a world where the entire population devoted to god and religion without ever doubting the writings still think that ET's are only on movies they wanna go home with the help of Eliot or to exterminate us,for me it's science fiction inside science fiction the only difference is we can not discredit religion.

Science for its part seeks the facts, but even scientists sometimes make reservations or make fun of the subject because it's not serious to think life could be elsewhere but it's the same scientists who try to create life artificially ...What irony

Now I want to talk about skeptical and believeer, they spend so much time debating that we are still at the same point, true or false, false or true, during this time the flying saucers keep doing what they have to do without anyone paying attention because they are stuck in their ideas.
So what's the real challenges is to prove the existence or non existence of UFOs or is it just a battle of egos? I think that finally the subject has not really matter.

when we look at the ufo subject , we realize very quickly that all is made for to not take seriously some strange evidence, there is a mix of everything from teens who make videos for fun, between those who really want to believe and makeup the reality, crazy story, illuminated , false testimony, those who would make money with dvd, how can we really talk about it seriously ...

so wher are we now ?
why the good questions are never asked ?
why always highlighting distressing story?
and for which purpose ?

if for some people ufo's is a fraud so why spend so much time to denigrate. just to tell to belivers they are
stupid and they should spend there time on real subject ?

I want to say is I feel like i'm in a room where everyone
speaking at the same time and i don't understand maybe
this the real goal no one should understand.

and during this time the flying saucer keep flying

i realy want a serious debate so please don't be rude.
if you think this subject is stupid and you have nothing very important to say about , take a deep breath
control your anger and and jump to a topic that interests you do not waste your time on a topic that does not matter for you

thank you.

peace
edit on 15-2-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 15/2/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Where are we now? Same spot as we were after Roswell... no closer to any truth

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I do think we are a little closer...

Look at the New Zealand release, and the upcoming Wikileaks cables involving UFOs

There is at least a softening to build to an overall disclosure

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27

Originally posted by zorgon

I do think we are a little closer...

honestly no. We are not even a single step closer. Sure there is more BS than ever but good solid evidence: zero.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think personally that we are probably no further along in terms of proof of anything one way or another. With the rise of the internet we have far more evidence and testimony to look over but along with that comes the proportional increase in hoax cases and disinformation.

I used to believe that the rise of the internet was the worst thing possible for those seeking to coverup stuff but the more I see/read the more I become aware of how clever misinformation has become.

Divide and conquer is still very much in effect

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Saying that I do believe that the existence of extra terrestrial intelligence "somewhere" in the universe is much more widely accepted even by mainstream science. Whether some of them/it is visiting earth is another matter.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
So where are we now ?

In a nutshell:

1. UFOs still unidentified, but after more than 60 years we
pretty much all agree that people see weird stuff in the sky.

2. No proof of aliens at all.

3. Nothing directly linking UFOs with hypothetical aliens
(or time travelers, or whatever).

Maybe this will change in the next 60 years or so.

edit on 15-2-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
and the upcoming Wikileaks cables involving UFOs

What upcoming Wikileaks cables involving UFOs? Assange has repeatedly stated the only thing he has on UFO's is regarding UFO cults

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ISeeOne

I used to believe that the rise of the internet was the worst thing possible for those seeking to coverup stuff

I agree with you on this point, since internet I have never read as much crap on the subject ...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I grew up with ET and Close Encounters,kids i always imagine people like us on other planets and those people thinking if they are others people eleswhere, of course with time I open books and all my dreams have come to the dustbin.
I realize over time that this subject is very serious for me but I'm going from disappointment to disappointment , I do not understand why we are stuck like this ...and what could make things change...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

so wher are we now ?
why the good questions are never asked ?
why always highlighting distressing story?
and for which purpose ?

My opinion for what its worth is that

1. We are where we have always been, if (as some people state) we have been visited for 1000's of years there is nothing that marks our generation as 'special' if there are visitors then there is no reason to assume that our generation is more entitled to any sort of disclosure than any other.

2. The good questions that are never asked are....

Given that we all have access to video recorders (on phones at the very least) or cameras, where are the CLEAR shots WITH multiple witness statements?

Given that police cars are equipped with video cameras u]where are the police videos once called to a UFO scene?

Where are the photographs from armature astronomers? (these are people that wouldn't just photograph something they would also contact their friends and tell them to get on the case.)

3. I don't really understand what your asking sorry...

edit on 15-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

1. We are where we have always been, if (as some people state) we have been visited for 1000's of years there is nothing that marks our generation as 'special' if there are visitors then there is no reason to assume that our generation is more entitled to any sort of disclosure than any other.

Yet we are that generation ... which no longer ask the right questions
Technologically we are reaching a point where it is entirely possible to dehumanize ... to live through the machines and money ... if we have the prospect of another being living elsewhere on another planet I think that we would really aware of our unity
that we are part of a whole ... for me it's important.

Given that we all have access to video recorders (on phones at the very least) or cameras, where are the CLEAR shots WITH multiple[ witness statements? Given that police cars are equipped with video cameras u]where are the police videos once called to a UFO scene? Where are the photographs from armature astronomers? (these are people that wouldn't just photograph something they would also contact their friends and tell them to get on the case.)

I can not contradict you on that point ...

3. I don't really understand what your asking sorry...

don't be sorry but i ask like a could ask why war ? why racism,why hatred , why homophobia and misogyny, why people are starving while the other guzzler? why would we be alone in this vast universe? you never ask a question?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mcluhan told us in the 50s that any advancement in media or technology changes the way we perceive and think about the world. Thirty years ago, a home video like the UFO above Jerusalem would have been sensational. Today, nobody cares because they know it can be made by any nerd and his iMac.

Truth by its nature is inclusive, that is: what is true for one is true for all. Since Socrates, Plato etc and the birth of literate thinking - logical, linear, causal - truth has been easily obfuscated because we (humans) have developed a way of thinking from a singular point of view. An exclusive point of view. An inclusive truth cannot be ascertained from an exclusive point of view, or at least, not easily.

Today, with multimedia and internet, that age and way of thinking is dying. We don't have a singular point of view anymore - we have a global one. Truth is becoming clearer and lies less easy to hide. Wikileaks is a perfect example of this. It could not have happened in the past. We're getting closer to the truth, but we're probably still a few advancements away from total clarity.

The truth is out there.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Technologically we are reaching a point where it is entirely possible to dehumanize ... to live through the machines and money ... if we have the prospect of another being living elsewhere on another planet I think that we would really aware of our unity
that we are part of a whole ... for me it's important.

I have to answer your questions one at a time if that's ok?

Can you point to a generation that did ask the right questions? Its very easy to ask 'the wrong questions' any question that defies the current authority immediately becomes 'the wrong question'

Show me the generation that asked the RIGHT QUESTIONS?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

it's so paradoxical ... I think it's not even bother to hide the truth as you so rightly say today we saw almost everything, good bad, real, fake, everything is mixed even if tomorrow we had a real testimony, many people say it is a fraud ...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

don't be sorry but i ask like a could ask why war ? why racism,why hatred , why homophobia and misogyny, why people are starving while the other guzzler? why would we be alone in this vast universe? you never ask a question?

Your asking a philosophical question when you ask

why war ? why racism,why hatred , why homophobia and misogyny, why people are starving while the other guzzler?

but WHEN YOU ASK

why would we be alone in this vast universe?
then you need to ponder THE FERMI PARADOX

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by FOXMULDER147

it's so paradoxical ... I think it's not even bother to hide the truth as you so rightly say today we saw almost everything, good bad, real, fake, everything is mixed even if tomorrow we had a real testimony, many people say it is a fraud ...

That's the pain of childbirth. The world is giving birth to a new mode of thinking and communication.

The age of private man and his exclusive point of view (the man in his office writing letters, alone) is giving way to communal man and his inclusive point of view (the man on his iMac in his social network, sharing thoughts).

Old private man was the secret-keeper, organizer of hierarchies and exclusive clubs. Try keeping a secret on the internet.

We're fortunate to be experiencing this change, but also unfortunate as it is a painful time.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The subject is still in limbo nothings changed over the last 60yrs still going around in circles with three steps forward two back.

The status quo is still hard and fast and kept in place by the Meiers and Blossom Goodchilds of this world, CGI hoaxers versus Military witnesses and other reputable bodies so the balance is still there.

The popularity of the UFO subject grew a few years back with more people taking a serious and interested view but then came the CGI nerds and the ex hippie nuts to sway things back again.

Thats Life!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

my grandfather fought in the war he and the men of his generation was thinking only about if they will we survive it they did not really have time to ask further questions and for me askin if i will survive it's a good question ... later we talk and he made me discover the space and stars

my father question was if he would have enough money for his retirement, so he worked all the time, he had no time or inclination to question the existence of another being on another planet and not the information, for him it was science fiction and for him there is only human because god creat only human...

but our generation have all the keys in hand as the Foxmulder so well, we have all the information, technology, our vision of god has change, but we're still so distant from each other, for me the reflection on the UFO is also a way of thinking about my condition, each passing day I tell myself that we are on the wrong path, we are so far from what we should have been, this is not a speech of new age ... but when I think there are men and women who have done everything possible to survive in caves to make it possible to make our conversation possible, they never imagined the role they were playing for the future of humanity ! it gives me vertigo !

Can you point to a generation that did ask the right questions? Its very easy to ask 'the wrong questions' any question that defies the current authority immediately becomes 'the wrong question' Show me the generation that asked the RIGHT QUESTIONS?

so many generations have asked the right questions
how to survive? how to build?
and many generation has died because they have ask the good question and they fight for it
like the french revolution and many others i know this not ufo related but as i say it is also a reflection
about our condition.

there is a poem from KARL KRAUS i love it

The Last Night of Mankind

That we do not ask me
What I have done all this time
I would remain silent
And would not say why.
And the silence makes the earth shaken..
No word has agreed;
It speaks only in his sleep
And we dream of a sun laughing.
The word continued his journey,
Then he turns out to have been in vain.
The word went out when this time has awakened.

awakened whay we are not awakened ? this my question

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

yes i also ask philosophical question

and i know the Fermi paradox but what could i say... i'm not trying to impose an idea I just want to talk abou it and what bother me on the fermi paradox is first they have all the answer and why making a study for something that does not exist ? just to tell people stop being so stupid ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join