It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A perspective Gun would prove God, and solve all the world's problems eventually

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by adjensen

... but respect the fact that they have conclusions, that they're as entitled to them as you are, and that they likely feel as "right" as you do, even if you disagree 100%.

No, nobody is entitled to be a child molester

Kind of playing Devil's Advocate at this point for obvious reasons, but, as I said the issue is about whether a person is entitled to their own opinion, regardless of what that opinion is and whether you agree with it or not, are you suggesting that mind control or lobotomies would be reasonable treatments for persons who exhibited the beliefs (not behaviours -- there's nothing to say that someone who thinks child abuse is fine could think that without ever acting on it) that you think no one should be entitled to?

Do you have a right to lobotomize someone for believing something, whether they act on it or not?

Yes, somebody who is even thinking about molesting a child needs serious treatment. Do you really want to argue that ... ???

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
.......I found that there definitely is One. After this direct experience ...

So presumably I'd get your subjective experience and somehow believe in Invisible Magic Man. Okay. One thing I don't believe you explained is how this would "solve all the world's problems eventually".

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yes, somebody who is even thinking about molesting a child needs serious treatment. Do you really want to argue that ... ???

Like I said, once one moves to an extreme such as this, the ability to argue is curtailed.

But do I believe that someone (in a general sense) should be lobotomized for their thoughts, assuming that they'd not acted on them? No, I do not believe that to be appropriate, I am not a proponent of the concept of "thoughtcrime".

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
You can blow your own brains out trying to share a POV or an access point to a new perspective or paradigm, and in most cases, instead of trying it on, with an open mind, people tend to rebel against it, assuming that you're just trying to lay something onto them for some agenda or another. No matter how hard fought the struggle, the research and the experience which goes into it, it would seem that people just aren't all that interested in anything but their own presently held POV no matter how narrow or even inauthentic it might be, even to themselves. They might even call you a menace for attempting to impact their POV with your perspective gun. It's pretty sad. You could come to them with a sparkling diamond of truth, which might have taken thousands of years to unearth, but if it doesn't square with that they already know and their narrow POV, they'll toss it aside as if of no value. Some like to evoke the relativity of POV, suggesting that there no such thing as truth, and no idea which is any better than any other, just POV, nothing more, duh. You almost want to give up, and then you see a sparkle somewhere, as a reflection of that diamond, and then another and in the end you have to realize that these are things that can only be held up for close scrutiny, inspection and analysis, never something you can shoot into a person. Freedom, absolute freedom must prevail, and any valid truth must by it's very nature be non-coercive.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Like I said, once one moves to an extreme such as this, the ability to argue is curtailed.

But do I believe that someone (in a general sense) should be lobotomized for their thoughts, assuming that they'd not acted on them? No, I do not believe that to be appropriate, I am not a proponent of the concept of "thoughtcrime".

Sorry, but I have a hard time following you. Treating a person (psychologically) for deranged thoughts of child molestation is extreme?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Sorry, but I have a hard time following you. Treating a person (psychologically) for deranged thoughts of child molestation is extreme?

Go back and read what I wrote, because, no, that is not what I said.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

So presumably I'd get your subjective experience and somehow believe in Invisible Magic Man. Okay. One thing I don't believe you explained is how this would "solve all the world's problems eventually".

if you would have read the rest of the thread you would have seen that no where do I talk about a belief....

If I shot you with that gun ....you'd see that what I experience is nothing close to anything having to do with a belief or any kind of thought or emotion ....You would instead experience the source of subjective consciousness itself ....... A vast infinite Ocean of consciousness that exists prior to subjectivity, prior to thoughts, prior to emotions.....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
As much as this is a joke ... there is just certain people whose perspectives I might never want to see.

Can you imagine feeling deep compassion for a sex offender's point of view? Or for Rick Astley's?

It's too terrible to contemplate.

LOL. Then I guess you don't understand the OP.

People just don't want to understand each others' points of view. I guess that's why we have so much problems we have today.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So basically if you were born that way, you'd prefer them to lobotomize you, essentially make you a vegetable?

*edit* - I apologize.... I replied to the wrong person. I'm replying to AllIsOne
edit on 15-2-2011 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Do you have children?

I never talked about surgery, that was brought up by the other guy ...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Do you have children?

I apologize. I haven't read the whole thread. Besides what does having children have to do with anything?

If there is a technology that causes everybody to understand each other... why they feel they way they do, their perspectives, etc... do you think we will still have the problems we have today?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Do you have children?

I apologize. I haven't read the whole thread. Besides what does having children have to do with anything?

If there is a technology that causes everybody to understand each other... why they feel they way they do, their perspectives, etc... do you think we will still have the problems we have today?

Never mind. Not worth my time ...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Never mind. Not worth my time ...

Then why post in this thread?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join